It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Only team in the NBA to start out 3-0 this season. This next 2 weeks will be pretty telling to see how they stack up.

Just like that, they are appointment television again.

They beat two awful teams. Wouldn’t say appointment just yet.

When half the league is awful or not as deep/talented as this bulls team, you’re gonna get a lot of fast paced games to showcase their athleticism and play making abilities.

That’s a start in the wake of what the last decade has been

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Williams isn't the key. Ball is the key. He's the straw. If he is a straw. We'll see. And Caruso could help a ton defensively. He is quite a disruptor when the opponent is fast breaking.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
When the season ends next spring and media starts doing their lists of best plays of the year I'll bet a mortgage payment that Lonzo's block on Isiah Stewart at the rim will be in the top 3 for blocks of the year if not #1.

Reminded me of Bam blocking Tatum at the rim in the *bubble playoffs. Only difference is this one had a small guy doing it to a big guy. And not just a big guy, but a massive guy. Stewart is built like a bodybuilder.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nardi wrote:
Williams isn't the key. Ball is the key. He's the straw. If he is a straw. We'll see. And Caruso could help a ton defensively. He is quite a disruptor when the opponent is fast breaking.

Williams is the key. He will be a better pro than Ball. Book it! The Ball will not even be in Ball's hands at the end of games. It will run through Lavine, Derozan and Vuk. They will make Ball a spot up shooter (ironically) as they did Saturday when the game gets tight. He merely needs to be a competent PG. That's it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nardi wrote:
Ball is the key. He's the straw. If he is a straw. We'll see.

Health is big. Missed 30 games his rookie year. 35 games his second season. 9 games in season three. And 17 games last season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:59 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Health is big. Missed 30 games his rookie year. 35 games his second season. 9 games in season three. And 17 games last season.

I disagree. At this point he is what he is. He has become a better shooter and he plays good D but as far as being the dynamic point guard that he was billed to be forget it. He is better than Coby which means that he will make the team markedly better.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:05 am 

After watching the first 3 games Williams is a concern of mine. He does not seem to be coming along like they hoped. I don't see how you can consider him the key LTG. BUt I hope you are right. If he develops into a player then this lineup is really stacked

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:14 am 

RFDC wrote:
After watching the first 3 games Williams is a concern of mine. He does not seem to be coming along like they hoped. I don't see how you can consider him the key LTG. BUt I hope you are right. If he develops into a player then this lineup is really stacked

He does defer far too much for me on offense but I am attributing it to youth more than anything. He has the game to be more impactful offensively though. I think Donovan is going to play him with the 2nd unit a ton so that he can get his offense going. Probably start him sub him early then bring him back with the second unit. Playing with them (as long as gunning Coby isn't there) will force him to be more aggressive as they will look for him to score. He will become a first option with that unit. That is unless Derozan (as has been the case early on) or gunning Coby are out there along with him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He does defer far too much for me on offense but I am attributing it to youth more than anything. He has the game to be more impactful offensively though. I think Donovan is going to play him with the 2nd unit a ton so that he can get his offense going. Probably start him sub him early then bring him back with the second unit. Playing with them (as long as gunning Coby isn't there) will force him to be more aggressive as they will look for him to score. He will become a first option with that unit. That is unless Derozan (as has been the case early on) or gunning Coby are out there along with him.

Pat needs to find his way sooner than later. I absolutely understand he is young and wasn’t a starter in college. He has time to grow, but he needs to show more cajones, to the league itself will start to ignore him. I surely think he can but he has to get there sooner, I’m not even talking actually being good, just being aggressive. He has the tools.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:07 pm 

Erotic Lawyer wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Pat needs to find his way sooner than later. I absolutely understand he is young and wasn’t a starter in college. He has time to grow, but he needs to show more cajones, to the league itself will start to ignore him. I surely think he can but he has to get there sooner, I’m not even talking actually being good, just being aggressive. He has the tools.

I agree. I will be concerned if the ¨switch¨ doesn´t come on by the end of this season. That is why I think playing him with the 2nd unit is a good idea. Start him and make him the first sub out and bring him back with the 2nd unit. That will force him to be more aggressive.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:55 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

i agree hes not making a huge impact right now, but he has been playing good. his potential is still huge. i think hes just maturing, hes still a kid.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:56 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

i agree hes not making a huge impact right now, but he has been playing good. his potential is still huge. i think hes just maturing, hes still a kid.

A guy like Derozan can be huge for him, and he seems like he would enjoy a mentor type role. Hopefully Williams learns from him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

A guy like Derozan can be huge for him, and he seems like he would enjoy a mentor type role. Hopefully Williams learns from him.

I like the fact that he is "trying to learn and play the game the right way" but he has to become more of a dog on offense. I think that it is there but he hasn't shown it up until this point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: John's

God Damn it, Cock Fuck !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He's going to play through it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:58 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I disagree. At this point he is what he is. He has become a better shooter and he plays good D but as far as being the dynamic point guard that he was billed to be forget it. He is better than Coby which means that he will make the team markedly better.

You disagree? I’m confused. If you believe Ball is the key, he’s got to be on the court. Lonzo’s missed 30% of his games over his 4 year career.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:04 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You disagree? I’m confused. If you believe Ball is the key, he’s got to be on the court. Lonzo’s missed 30% of his games over his 4 year career.

Nardi believes he is the key. I don't. He is an upgrade over Coby White. So is a wooden doorstop IMO.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:01 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Nardi believes he is the key. I don't. He is an upgrade over Coby White. So is a wooden doorstop IMO.

:lol: :lol: my bad. I think it's been discussed here before but it's disturbing looking at his box scores from last season. All of his shots are 3 point shots. He's 6'6" and has a size advantage on nearly every other point guard in the league.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:22 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
:lol: :lol: my bad. I think it's been discussed here before but it's disturbing looking at his box scores from last season. All of his shots are 3 point shots. He's 6'6" and has a size advantage on nearly every other point guard in the league.

Yeah he has real holes in his game offensively. Good Defender and a solid basketball IQ but he can't penetrate, (which you must do as a PG to be elite) doesn't use his size advantage for post up situations, and doesn't have any sort of wiggle to get guys off him with the dribble. In the half court he is nothing more than a spot up guy. I actually believe that is why they signed Derozan. They needed another guy besides Lavine that could consistently break guys down with the dribble and Ball isn't it.

That is why I am so shocked that people here and elsewhere were all in on the signing. That is the one questionable signing that AKME has made. For 20 mil per year I would have signed Shroeder and 2 backup bigs and called it a day.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I had thought the Bulls were open about the strengths and weaknesses of Ball. He's the guy to run the break and DeRozen is the guy to run the half court. I don't see Patrick Williams running anything.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:50 pm 

Nardi wrote:
I had thought the Bulls were open about the strengths and weaknesses of Ball.

Its people here that aren't clear about his strengths and weaknesses.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: John's
These monstrosities look like something you would find in the middle aisle rack @ Venture in the late 80s. Can we please stop with these "Cities" uniforms?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Why? Last year's City edition was fine and the one before that at least had a good color scheme. That ones not different enough to bother with though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Caller Clob is racist, that's why.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:54 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Why? Last year's City edition was fine and the one before that at least had a good color scheme. That ones not different enough to bother with though.

I liked last year's. This one is a bland throwback to pre 1985. Pass.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
KDdidit wrote:

Well they do a offer one every year…. Agre bough this is bland and I liked last years

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
McCareins_Fan wrote:
Caller Clob is racist, that's why.

Hard to disagree at this point. His hard turn right has been hard to miss

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Missing Link wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
John Hollinger doesn't care much for the new-look Bulls:

Quote:
Burning question: Is there enough shooting?
There are a lot of questions one could underline here, the most obvious of which is “what exactly are we trying to do here?” Going all-in with assets just to reach the point of quasi-respectable averageness leaves the obvious unanswered question of how to get beyond it.

But let’s see the glass half full and suppose the overarching strategy pays off. Below the surface, another important micro question looms for a team that was 19th in offense: Is there enough shooting here to succeed as a modern NBA offense?

Chicago was respectable in the 3-point department a year ago — 13th in accuracy and 18th in frequency — but other than LaVine, even the drivers of that performance are mostly gone. Markkanen might have been a frustrating player, but he shot 40.2 percent from 3 on 10.2 attempts per 100; no other Bull aside from LaVine came anywhere near that, and none of the newbies do, either.

The only other Bull to take more than 200 attempts and make more than 35 percent was White, who might be out of a job this year. Valentine and Temple didn’t shoot lights out, but they were fourth and fifth on the team in 3-point attempts. Just replacing that volume will be a challenge, especially with a key perimeter player, DeRozan, shooting 3s once every leap year.

The biggest hope for offsetting 3-point accuracy would come from Vucevic, who made a career-best 40 percent last year on the season and 38.8 percent as a Bull. In terms of volume, there’s also Ball. He’s quietly become one of the league’s most improved shooters; his 12.4 attempts per 100 last season would have led the team, and he made 37.8 percent of them. And Williams, though he much preferred wandering into two-dribble pull-ups, made 39.1 percent of his rare 3-point attempts. Even with DeRozan a non-entity from the arc, there is a glass-half-full case that the starting five will have plus shooting.

As for the bench … egads. White is by far the best marksman of this crew, but even he is pushing to get to league average, plus he’s still recovering from a shoulder injury. Caruso is accurate with his feet set (37.1 percent career) but needs a ton of time and space and thus shoots 3s infrequently. The others — Bradley, Jones, Green, Brown and the two Johnsons — are players other teams won’t even bother guarding at the line. The rookie Dosunmu shot 34.5 percent from 3 for his college career, so he likely won’t shift the equation much.

Projection
The Bulls made a lot of moves to improve on last season’s 11th-place finish, but when I run through all the projections for the East, I end up with Chicago finishing … 11th.

Look deeper, and the first sentence describes things too negatively. The Bulls surely will have a better record than a year ago. While my forecast says 11th, that’s something of a worst-case scenario; they will clearly outclass the four teams behind them and only project to finish a few games out of seventh. In other words, they’re likely a Play-In candidate whose positioning within that group might be heavily determined by chance.

The key factors are going to be how much DeRozan can actually move the needle in Chicago and whether the Bulls’ most-used lineups will have enough shooting to function at a high level. This team will need to score, because even with Markkanen gone, the Bulls won’t be a defensive juggernaut. Having LaVine, DeRozan and Vucevic as the three core pieces pretty much assures they’ll surrender some points, even with a few good defenders in secondary roles.

The one way Chicago could really exceed this prediction is the one spot we haven’t really talked about: Williams. A breakout year from the second-year pro could potentially solve a lot of problems, from the iffy 3-point shooting to the lack of a defensive stopper to the paucity of quality forwards. Alas, projecting such a leap so soon requires an extremely rosy view of his body of work. The same might be said of the Bulls’ offseason.

Prediction: 37-45, 11th in Eastern Conference

You mean Mr. Advanced Stats himself? All the more reason to put money on the wood for them. There is no bigger reason for the decline of the NBA product than that clown. I knew he'd skew heavily towards the so called "efficiency" side of things that the modern day NBA loves so much.

Hollinger is going to be on with Parkins and Spiegel around 5:20 PM CDT later today.

It should be interesting to hear his explanation regarding his errant projections--especially his claim that Derozan would prove to be the worst free agent signing of the summer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
"I was wrong"

Or

"It's still early"

Let's see which route he takes.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next