It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: BULLS & Pelicans GDT
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:49 pm 

We havent seen this amount of confidence from a bulls team in 22 years. Not comparing, just saying. God this is nice.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I am sorry I missed the game, but was out at a bar and had baseball on. I am looking forward to seeing plenty of Bull ps basketball this year. They are a pretty dynamic team. I agree with the Lavine comments as he has become a stud scorer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
How bout everybody be happy that the bulls may be watchable?

I have been sold on this team. They should be top 4-5 in the conf. Still have a few scores to settle with FF first however. Have to see them against better teams before I go all in but I always thought they would be better than most people believed.

I think you’re right. They’re a playoff team, not winning anything but will be entertaining.

I think 2nd round of the playoffs is their ceiling but I will take that after 4-5 years of that other shit.

Yep! Unlike you, I stopped watching regularly.

Yeah I could see why but I kept the faith. Its sort of like what i see guys here do with the Bears. No matter how much the suckage you still have to roll. They look like a real organization now. Have a real GM and a real coach for the first time in years. I was a huge supporter of Pax but he was stealing money the last 5 years he was here.

It will be good to have a season that isnt over by Christmas for a change

Pax was stealing money for more than 5 years honestly. In his defense he tried to quit andJer Bear wouldn’t let him.

AKME looks like genius 3 games in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:55 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I have been sold on this team. They should be top 4-5 in the conf. Still have a few scores to settle with FF first however. Have to see them against better teams before I go all in but I always thought they would be better than most people believed.

I think you’re right. They’re a playoff team, not winning anything but will be entertaining.

I think 2nd round of the playoffs is their ceiling but I will take that after 4-5 years of that other shit.

Yep! Unlike you, I stopped watching regularly.

Yeah I could see why but I kept the faith. Its sort of like what i see guys here do with the Bears. No matter how much the suckage you still have to roll. They look like a real organization now. Have a real GM and a real coach for the first time in years. I was a huge supporter of Pax but he was stealing money the last 5 years he was here.

It will be good to have a season that isnt over by Christmas for a change

Pax was stealing money for more than 5 years honestly. In his defense he tried to quit andJer Bear wouldn’t let him.

AKME looks like genius 3 games in.

AKME were looking like genuises well before the start of the season to be honest. Starting with the decision to hire Donovan. Then drafting Williams. Then flipping Carter and a couple of firsts for Vuk. Then Derozan and even upgrading the most glaring weakness on the team by signing Ball. Trading Markannen was a shrewd move also. He has to ship Coby White if he has value and then the makeover will be complete.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
I’d like to see them play a good team first, but Lonzo’s clearly an upgrade from last year.

So is a potted plant

Lol youre gonna hate on Lonzo after tonights game?

No i have always thought he was better than that bum Coby that you used to love.

I never loved White, I always liked him nd still do. Ive always liked Lonzo too, you’ve been a big hater of his his entire career. I think this year you’ll see why hes good

Lonzo Ball was projected to be a star. No one thinks that now. He has had 1 good game. He hasnt been a good player during his NBA career. I hope as Bulls fan that he is good this year.

My favorite part of this new Bulls team is going to be watching LTG trip over his own tongue while talking about Lonzo all season long.

He's had one good game? They are 3-0, which two games did he play poorly in? Was it the one where he had a 0 TO triple double? Or was it the first game of the year when he led the team in +/-? Or was it the game they just won where he had 3 steals, 4 blocks and shot 3-7 from 3?

Trying to figure out which two of those 3 games were the bad games he had?

yea, this is going to be a very fun season :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:10 am 

shakes wrote:
My favorite part of this new Bulls team is going to be watching LTG trip over his own tongue while talking about Lonzo all season long.

He's had one good game? They are 3-0, which two games did he play poorly in? Was it the one where he had a 0 TO triple double? Or was it the first game of the year when he led the team in +/-? Or was it the game they just won where he had 3 steals, 4 blocks and shot 3-7 from 3?

When is this prediction ever going to become true Shakes?

shakes wrote:
people waiting on Lonzo to bust out of the NBA are going to be waiting a long time, he's a stud.

And at best he will be the 4th best player on the team

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:13 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

shakes wrote:
people waiting on Lonzo to bust out of the NBA are going to be waiting a long time, he's a stud.

He'll never be a stud. But, he's a lot closer to being a stud than he is to being a bust out of the league by his 4th year as you predicted.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:33 am 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:

shakes wrote:

He'll never be a stud. But, he's a lot closer to being a stud than he is to being a bust out of the league by his 4th year as you predicted.

He is a marginal starter on a team that was desperately in need of a PG. Remember they were so bereft of point guards last season that the immortal Tomas Satoransky was thrust into a starting role.

If he becomes anything close to what you describe then the Bulls become a helluva more interesting than they already happen to be. Which is pretty damn interesting currently.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:44 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
AKME were looking like genuises well before the start of the season to be honest. Starting with the decision to hire Donovan. Then drafting Williams. Then flipping Carter and a couple of firsts for Vuk. Then Derozan and even upgrading the most glaring weakness on the team by signing Ball. Trading Markannen was a shrewd move also. He has to ship Coby White if he has value and then the makeover will be complete.

Lot of Koolaid floating around. I don't see any geniuses. Is it hard to trade picks for aging stars or something? And nothing against Lonzo, but this is his 3rd team and man oh man, did he get rattled last night.

Bulls got upgraded from garbage to interesting. And that's it, until further notice.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:23 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Lot of Koolaid floating around. I don't see any geniuses. Is it hard to trade picks for aging stars or something? And nothing against Lonzo, but this is his 3rd team and man oh man, did he get rattled last night.

Bulls got upgraded from garbage to interesting. And that's it, until further notice.

I'm not banking on Lonzo being anything more than a noticeable upgrade from Coby White. Never believed he was a special player. "AGING" IS relevant Derozan is Younger than Jimmy Buckets (whom everyone here loves) and So is Vukevic.

The main thing is that they transformed a losing core of players and made the team relevant again. And draft picks are meaningless unless you're drafting in the top 3 in most drafts. In less than a year's time there has been a huge upgrade in talent on the roster. No one saw that coming this time last year so yeah they do look like geniuses at this point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:58 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I'm not banking on Lonzo being anything more than a noticeable upgrade from Coby White. Never believed he was a special player. "AGING" IS relevant Derozan is Younger than Jimmy Buckets (whom everyone here loves) and So is Vukevic.

The main thing is that they transformed a losing core of players and made the team relevant again. And draft picks are meaningless unless you're drafting in the top 3 in most drafts. In less than a year's time there has been a huge upgrade in talent on the roster. No one saw that coming this time last year so yeah they do look like geniuses at this point.

Relevant is subjective based on the goal. They could be last year's Knicks. A 4 seed based on a 82 game hustle. To me, that's interesting, but not exactly relevant....But at least I'm watching again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:13 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Relevant is subjective based on the goal. They could be last year's Knicks. A 4 seed based on a 82 game hustle. To me, that's interesting, but not exactly relevant....But at least I'm watching again.

They are better than last years Knicks. And by goal I am assuming you mean "Championship or bust". Before they can think about Championships they have to first improve the team. They accomplished that. He isn't done yet. He still has a few moves to make going forward. However picking up 2 guys that have demonstrated in their career that they can be the best player on a playoff team (In Derozan's case the best player on a Conf Finals team) was huge. And they aren't even considered the best player on this particular team either.

I'm not a guy that believes that every season is lost just because Lebron (also aging) and Durant (Older than any of the Bulls current players) are not on the team. This is an intriguing team that barring injuries should make the playoffs. If they make the 2nd round that will be enough for me right now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:08 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

They are better than last years Knicks. And by goal I am assuming you mean "Championship or bust". Before they can think about Championships they have to first improve the team. They accomplished that. He isn't done yet. He still has a few moves to make going forward. However picking up 2 guys that have demonstrated in their career that they can be the best player on a playoff team (In Derozan's case the best player on a Conf Finals team) was huge. And they aren't even considered the best player on this particular team either.

I'm not a guy that believes that every season is lost just because Lebron (also aging) and Durant (Older than any of the Bulls current players) are not on the team. This is an intriguing team that barring injuries should make the playoffs. If they make the 2nd round that will be enough for me right now.

There's two depreciating assets. That means you might have only a 2 year window. I get that having a competent team is a reward in itself, but even that is a depreciating asset. Fans, in short order, will want a top 4 team in the league. There's time to be a genius and time is always the truthteller.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:43 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I

And draft picks are meaningless unless you're drafting in the top 3 in most drafts.

Huh? You need to explain this hot take.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:07 pm 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I

And draft picks are meaningless unless you're drafting in the top 3 in most drafts.

Huh? You need to explain this hot take.

Usually franchise guys aren't found outside of the top 3. In the eyes of some it seems every season is lost unless you have one. I don't think that the 2 draft picks that were flipped for Vuk were all that meaningful. We see what one of them turned out to be this year Who? and history will tell what the second one turns into. The Bulls were rewarded with 3 top 7 picks in succession and none of them are starters on good teams. People can blame Pax for screwing up the draft all they want but the fact remains each was drafted exactly where they were slotted to be drafted.

We can blame Pax for not having a better eye for talent but it wasn't like he reached to draft these guys. I'm for tanking in order to draft franchise guys. I'm not much of a proponent of coveting first round picks simply because they happen to be first round picks. That is what some here seem to be suggesting.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:17 pm 

Nardi wrote:
There's two depreciating assets. That means you might have only a 2 year window. I get that having a competent team is a reward in itself, but even that is a depreciating asset. Fans, in short order, will want a top 4 team in the league. There's time to be a genius and time is always the truthteller.

And once that 2 year window is up the Bulls will be able to make other moves. Derozan's 3rd year isn't guaranteed I believe and even if it is he can be traded as an expiring contract for something of value. Hopefully. Same with Vuk. Savvy GMs don't worry about such things. They had to surround Lavine with better talent in order to see what type of player he is. Another year of surrounding him with "developing" players wasn't going to accomplish this. The genius in what AK did is seen in his aborting of mission away from all of the "young", "developing" talent that was supposedly on the team. None of those players were keepers. If he holds serve with that group there would have been incremental improvement, with the Bulls drafting anywhere from 8-15 for the next couple of years. They would have found a marginal starter and hopefully a rotational guy and that is about it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:44 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

And once that 2 year window is up the Bulls will be able to make other moves. Derozan's 3rd year isn't guaranteed I believe and even if it is he can be traded as an expiring contract for something of value. Hopefully. Same with Vuk. Savvy GMs don't worry about such things. They had to surround Lavine with better talent in order to see what type of player he is. Another year of surrounding him with "developing" players wasn't going to accomplish this. The genius in what AK did is seen in his aborting of mission away from all of the "young", "developing" talent that was supposedly on the team. None of those players were keepers. If he holds serve with that group there would have been incremental improvement, with the Bulls drafting anywhere from 8-15 for the next couple of years. They would have found a marginal starter and hopefully a rotational guy and that is about it.

Aborting the mission? He was tasked to get to the playoffs to keep the season ticket holders from bleeding away. It isn't like TK stole guys away from teams before they knew what hit 'em(Maybe in Caruso's case). He got guys who were available because of salary and/or depreciation. If he's a genius, last offseason or the Vuk trade didn't prove it. All we know so far is he's more competent than Pax. Which in itself is huge because the NBA world was frowning upon the franchise.

So here's what we got. A competently run franchise with a competent coach and competent players. Genius would be if Williams becomes a franchise player. Genius would be is Donovan becomes Nick Nurse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:24 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Aborting the mission? He was tasked to get to the playoffs to keep the season ticket holders from bleeding away. It isn't like TK stole guys away from teams before they knew what hit 'em(Maybe in Caruso's case). He got guys who were available because of salary and/or depreciation. If he's a genius, last offseason or the Vuk trade didn't prove it. All we know so far is he's more competent than Pax. Which in itself is huge because the NBA world was frowning upon the franchise.

So here's what we got. A competently run franchise with a competent coach and competent players. Genius would be if Williams becomes a franchise player. Genius would be is Donovan becomes Nick Nurse.

"SEASON Ticket holders bleeding away"? Like they were supposedly going to do in every year of the other 23 years since Jordan retired?

People were down on the Derozan move. Seems like a good one from where I sit.

He id'd Williams as a big time talent when no one else did. I'm still high on that move by the way.

He cleared out the junk i.e. Wendell Carter, Markannen, (Soon to be Coby) when MANY still believed that these guys were cornerstones of the franchise.

The team also appears to be much better than anyone here (besides me) believed that they would be. This even after the moves from this past off season happened to have been made.

What are the moves made around the league in the past year that would qualify as "genius" moves in your opinion?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:02 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

"SEASON Ticket holders bleeding away"? Like they were supposedly going to do in every year of the other 23 years since Jordan retired?

He id'd Williams as a big time talent when no one else did. I'm still high on that move by the way.

He cleared out the junk i.e. Wendell Carter, Markannen, (Soon to be Coby) when MANY still believed that these guys were cornerstones of the franchise.

The team also appears to be much better than anyone here (besides me) believed that they would be. This even after the moves from this past off season happened to have been made.

What are the moves made around the league in the past year that would qualify as "genius" moves in your opinion?

The Knicks and the Grizzlies helped themselves out but I don't want nor need to get to ranking what teams helped themselves best. It's easier to go from shit to competent than from competent to great.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:12 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

The Knicks and the Grizzlies helped themselves out but I don't want nor need to get to ranking what teams helped themselves best. It's easier to go from shit to competent than from competent to great.

Not in the last year the Grizzlies didn't. They tanked in order to draft Morant 2 years ago. The Bulls should have did the same. Particularly the year of the Doncic draft.

Interesting that you think the Knicks "improved" themselves when all they did was acquire a guy (Kemba) that no one else happened to want, and another guy (Fournier) who was the 4th best player on an Orlando team in which Vuk was considered the best.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:00 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Not in the last year the Grizzlies didn't. They tanked in order to draft Morant. The Bulls should have did the same. Particularly the year of the Doncic draft.

Interesting that you think the Knicks "improved" themselves when all they did was acquire a guy (Kemba) that no one else happened to want, and another guy (Fournier) who was the 4th best player on an Orlando team in which Vuk was considered the best.

That's fine. I'm a Steven Adams fan and Jaren Jackson didn't play much last year but I understand. The Bulls are interesting, the Grizzlies are interesting, and the Knicks are interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:18 am 

Nardi wrote:
That's fine. I'm a Steven Adams fan and Jaren Jackson didn't play much last year but I understand. The Bulls are interesting, the Grizzlies are interesting, and the Knicks are interesting.

And they tanked to draft Jaren Jackson too. I like the Grizzlies (though not for the reasons you stated) and the Knicks will be worse than the Bulls this year. Book It!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:21 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

And they tanked to draft Jaren Jackson too. I like the Grizzlies (though not for the reasons you stated) and the Knicks will be worse than the Bulls this year. Book It!

I would think so because Bulls' brass is genius.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:24 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Nah for you its Thibs. There is very little that is "interesting" about what the Knicks are doing currently. He will overwork the shit out of the starters during the regular season to eke out wins, only to have them flameout in the playoffs like his teams always do. Ride past their prime vets (Kemba/Rose) while mostly stunting the growth of the young guys on the roster. The Bulls have a much rosier future than the Knicks

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Missing Link wrote:
Usually franchise guys aren't found outside of the top 3.

This is objectively wrong.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:28 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Not really.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:29 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Not really.

Don't be lazy - prove it. Something tells me you won't because you'll realize you're wrong here.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:30 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Not really.

Don't be lazy - prove it. Something tells me you won't because you'll realize you're wrong here.

Nah you are the one discounting it. You prove it. you provide your list and I will provide mine and we will see which of us is most correct?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:31 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Not really.

Nah you are the one discounting it. You prove it.

lol it's too easy and you know it.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:46 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Nah for you its Thibs. There is very little that is "interesting" about what the Knicks are doing currently. He will overwork the shit out of the starters during the regular season to eke out wins, only to have them flameout in the playoffs like his teams always do. Ride past their prime vets (Kemba/Rose) while mostly stunting the growth of the young guys on the roster. The Bulls have a much rosier future than the Knicks

Both teams went from shit to competent but only one is interesting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next