Kawhi 15
Jokic 41
Embid 3
Lillard 6
Doncic 3
Davis 1

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post subject: Re: BULLS & Pelicans GDT
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Usually franchise guys aren't found outside of the top 3.

This is objectively wrong.

Not really.

Don't be lazy - prove it. Something tells me you won't because you'll realize you're wrong here.

Nah you are the one discounting it. You prove it.

lol it's too easy and you know it.

And yet you still are unable to actually state it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:30 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
That's fine. I'm a Steven Adams fan and Jaren Jackson didn't play much last year but I understand. The Bulls are interesting, the Grizzlies are interesting, and the Knicks are interesting.

And they tanked to draft Jaren Jackson too. I like the Grizzlies (though not for the reasons you stated) and the Knicks will be worse than the Bulls this year. Book It!

I would think so because Bulls' brass is genius.

Nah for you its Thibs. There is very little that is "interesting" about what the Knicks are doing currently. He will overwork the shit out of the starters during the regular season to eke out wins, only to have them flameout in the playoffs like his teams always do. Ride past their prime vets (Kemba/Rose) while mostly stunting the growth of the young guys on the roster. The Bulls have a much rosier future than the Knicks

Both teams went from shit to competent but only one is interesting.

I don't really consider the Knicks to be competent. They overachieved in a year that most people wrote off and I expect them to come back to earth this season. If Juliius Randle were on the Bulls he'd be there 4th best player. They are hardly "interesting". There is much more national buzz surrounding the Bulls this season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
All Pro First Team: 2000 - present

Webber 1
Shaq 1
TD 1
KG 5
Iverson 1
Kobe 13
Dirk 9
T-Mac 9
Nash 15
LBJ 1
Amare 9
CP3 4
Wade 5
Durant 2
Rose 1
Harden 3
Noah 9
Curry 7
AD 1
M Gasol 48
Russ 4
Kawhi 15
DeAndre Jordan 35
Lillard 6
Jokic 41
Giannis 15
George 10
Luka 3

I was going to say "lottery" instead of top 3, but it looks like top 5 is something you should aim for. Mean is 5 and the average is also 5 once you remove second round outliers.

EDIT: KD is 2, not 1. Thanks to conns for his post. Interestingly, no number 2 picks here except for Durant. Also no 8s either

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:22 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
All Pro First Team: 2000 - present

Webber 1
Shaq 1
TD 1
KG 5
Iverson 1
Kobe 13
Dirk 9
T-Mac 9
Nash 15
LBJ 1
Amare 9
CP3 4
Wade 5
Durant 2
Rose 1
Harden 3
Noah 9
Curry 7
AD 1
M Gasol 48
Russ 4
Kawhi 15
DeAndre Jordan 35
Lillard 6
Jokic 41
Giannis 15
George 10
Luka 3

I was going to say "lottery" instead of top 3, but it looks like top 5 is something you should aim for. Mean is 5 and the average is also 5 once you remove second round outliers.

EDIT: KD is 2, not 1. Thanks to conns for his post. Interestingly, no number 2 picks here except for Durant. Also no 8s either

I started to go top 5 but that would have been too easy. Some of the names that I see here were never considered "franchise" guys. Noah. Deandre Jordan and Marc Gasol for instance.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:28 pm 

I know that, but when you add guys that were franchise back in thier day it just reinforces how you can have luck in the top 5 or even top 7

Carter - 5
Pierce - 9
Marbury - 4

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:29 pm 

Guys that are or have been "franchise" guys drafted top 3 or better that are still currently in the league.
1.Lebron
2.Durant
3.Harden
4.AD
5.Chris Paul (think 4th)
6.Dwight Howard
7.Blake Griffith
8.Derrick Rose
9.Kyrie Irving
10.Jayson Tatum
11.Carmelo Anthony
12. Luka Doncic
13. Joel Embiid
14. Karl Anthony Towns
15. Zion Williamson
16. Ja Morant.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:33 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I know that, but when you add guys that were franchise back in thier day it just reinforces how you can have luck in the top 5 or even top 7

Carter - 5
Pierce - 9
Marbury - 4

No I agree you can. I'd much rather draft in the top 5 if I am rebuilding. You can have luck outside of the top 5 (and that is where the savvier GMs come in) but I'd rather try for the can't miss guy as opposed to finding that hidden gem guy down the line.

I actually think GMs around the league are devaluing first round picks more and more for that very reason these days. They are being flipped for absolutely nothing in some cases.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:42 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Carter - 5
Pierce - 9
Marbury - 4

No I agree you can. I'd much rather draft in the top 5 if I am rebuilding. You can have luck outside of the top 5 (and that is where the savvier GMs come in) but I'd rather try for the can't miss guy as opposed to finding that hidden gem guy down the line.

I actually think GMs around the league are devaluing first round picks more and more for that very reason these days. They are being flipped for absolutely nothing in some cases.

I guess if there's no clear-cut no 1 pick (Shaq, TD, AD, LBJ) then maybe there's less value attached to lottery picks. I find the European connection between second round high-impact guys to be interesting (Jokic and Gasol). We're obviously seeing more Euros picked early in the draft since I'd say the early 2000s but I guess every now and then you miss something big. I think we largely agree that if you've got mad game then there's no way you slip past the top 5-7, which makes picks like Leonard, Giannis, etc., all the more remarkable. I'm more confused than anything else, grabbing a MVP outside the lottery just isn't supposed to happen in the NBA.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:59 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Carter - 5
Pierce - 9
Marbury - 4

I guess if there's no clear-cut no 1 pick (Shaq, TD, AD, LBJ) then maybe there's less value attached to lottery picks. I find the European connection between second round high-impact guys to be interesting (Jokic and Gasol). We're obviously seeing more Euros picked early in the draft since I'd say the early 2000s but I guess every now and then you miss something big. I think we largely agree that if you've got mad game then there's no way you slip past the top 5-7, which makes picks like Leonard, Giannis, etc., all the more remarkable. I'm more confused than anything else, grabbing a MVP outside the lottery just isn't supposed to happen in the NBA.

No one ever said that. Its just that your better players tend to be found in the top 3-5 of the draft most of the time. And if you look at the list of NBA champions over the past 30 years or so you will find that in the overwhelming number of cases they have been led by players drafted in the top 3-5 picks. That isn't an accident.

Frank Coztansa wrote: