It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mavs @BULLS Wed
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Caller Bob wrote:
Bulls are going to the finals, calling it now

They were 40-1 to win the East before the season began. You better hurry!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:12 pm 

lavine :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:13 pm 

THAT WAS A FAUL MAN!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Caller Bob wrote:
I scout the games

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Bulls are going to the finals, calling it now

They were 40-1 to win the East before the season began. You better hurry!

They have as good a chance as anyone. It's wide open this year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:17 pm 

leave derozen in for a 3 to beat jordan and scottie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ball 7-9 on 3s and lockdown D on Luka, but DError Fox is better, smh...

Lonzo was outplayed in back to back games by Tyrese Maxey just last week. A backup

Any thoughts on tonight or are you just gonna continue saying dumb, wrong shit because of a 4 year old message board argument with some guys you dont know?

At this point it's DUMB to continue that Ball is good and even dumber to think he is good because he had a good game. And even dumber to think that he is good simply because you like him.

And I just posted the backup numbers of Brunson this year. Which you also claimed was "dumb" to argue. Look at them and get back at me and then tell if it's still "dumb" to think that.

Alright so youre just gonna continue being a dumbass about Lonzo. Whatever. Theres a Lonzo thread for that bullshit. Keep it out of the game threads, especially games where hes playing lights fucking out

I don't have to keep it out of shit. I can post what I want to post.

You can either choose to read it or not but I'm going to post what I want to post.

Of course. Im not an admin here.

Post whatever you want wherever you want.

Just know that if youre posting in a bulls game thread and talking non stop shit about a guy on the Bulls whos playing awesome that night, you just come off as a fucking asshole, you’re not changing anyone’s mind

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Just know that if youre posting in a bulls game thread and talking non stop shit about a guy on the Bulls whos playing awesome that night, you just come off as a fucking asshole, you’re not changing anyone’s mind

And neither are you. And considering that Lavine had MANY great nights over the past 3-4 years only for you to consider him a bum renders you, by way of that last statement, to be full of shit.

And the "fucking asshole" is no doubt the dude who thinks that a guy is good simply because he had 1 good game out o his last 7- 8.

And the guy who most comes off looking like an asshole is the 1 who repeatedly claims that it is "dumb" to think Brunson is better, even after it is clear from looking at the numbers that Brunson is better.

Or that it is "dumb" to think of Ball as a backup even when his numbers are comparable to those of a backup. That is what "looking like a fucking asshole" happens to be.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Just realized today Brunson is the son of the NBA's version of a walk-on dude, Rick. I remember Brunson played for us over two stints and I was impressed how he made it to this level just by virtue of hard work and determination. You can see that hustle in his kid which is great.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:44 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

And neither are you. And considering that Lavine had MANY great nights over the past 3-4 years only for you to consider him a bum renders you, by way of that last statement, to be full of shit.

And the "fucking asshole" is no doubt the dude who thinks that a guy is good simply because he had 1 good game out o his last 7- 8.

And the guy who most comes off looking like an asshole is the 1 who repeatedly claims that it is "dumb" to think Brunson is better, even after it is clear from looking at the numbers that Brunson is better.

Or that it is "dumb" to think of Ball as a backup even when his numbers are comparable to those of a backup. That is what "looking like a fucking asshole" happens to be.

Lonzo outplayed Brunson tonight while you were busy telling everyone youd happily rather have Brunson. Thats because you’re too busy focusing on Lonzo opinions from other posters to watch the game in front of you.

I dont mind going back and forth with you on NBA topics. I’d rather not do it during a bulls game thread where Lonzo is playing fucking great on both sides of the ball. As a Bulls fan, I can’t see how you would disagree with that notion except for your petty nature on here.

That’s all

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Lonzo outplayed Brunson tonight while you were busy telling everyone youd happily rather have Brunson. Thats because you’re too busy focusing on Lonzo opinions from other posters to watch the game in front of you.

I dont mind going back and forth with you on NBA topics. I’d rather not do it during a bulls game thread where Lonzo is playing fucking great on both sides of the ball. As a Bulls fan, I can’t see how you would disagree with that notion except for your petty nature on here.

That’s all

But if Brunson outplayed Ball it would have just been "one game" or "head to heads" don't matter. Pick a lane and be consistent. Either such things matter or they don't. Ball stunk for 6 games prior to tonight.

You like the guy but I think you oftern confuse your liking guys with them somehow being good. Nothing about Lonzo's career to date suggest that he is a good player. Nothing. Not numbers. Not team record. Playoff appearances. Nothing. He has been easily the 4th or 5th best player on teams that never came close to making the playoffs and yet you think it is "dumb" to suggest otherwise. Or that guys look like "assholes" to suggest otherwise. To suggest this given what we have seen from his career to date is what is actually dumb. Good players aren't judged off of playing well in one game. They are judged based on their ability to consistently play well. Ball has never done that over any length of time and the reason is because he isn't particularly good.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:00 am 

“Pick a lane and be consistent”

I literally have been for years ltg. Ive said forever now that Lonzo is a good nba player and will get better. Hes gotten better every year (i agree its incremental) and hes a good NBA player. Im very happy hes on our team and making us a better team. I’m sorry you think he’s a backup and are not enjoying him on our team. That’s gotta suck considering how good our team is playing

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:03 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Ball has pretty clearly been a net positive addition to this team. He played really well tonight against a really good team. Can I say Dallas is "really good"?

Using this one game sample size, Ball looks better than Brunson...although both are solid NBA players. I like Ball's length over Brunson's moxie. Glancing at the numbers, season and career, I'd also give Ball the edge. FWIW, Ball gets more minutes and by default, more first team minutes.

Ball comes with a higher ceiling to go with his clunkers...Brunson is more of a steady second team general.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:08 am 

Mavs are good solely cuz of Luka. I wouldn’t call them really good but they are legit good cuz of him.

I also like Brunson. I think its fair to compare him and Ball, but I think Ball is better and I think its crazy to say Brunson is easily better. Thats the sum of my thoughts on that basically.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:15 am 

FavreFan wrote:
“Pick a lane and be consistent”

I literally have been for years ltg. Ive said forever now that Lonzo is a good nba player and will get better. Hes gotten better every year (i agree its incremental) and hes a good NBA player. Im very happy hes on our team and making us a better team. I’m sorry you think he’s a backup and are not enjoying him on our team. That’s gotta suck considering how good our team is playing

By consistent I mean with things such as "head to heads don't matter" or "it's just one game" As far as your thoughts on Ball, I think it is more about being correct than anything. For instance, I see that you have already started the Fox sucks stuff up again despite the fact that you were obviously wrong about Ball being a better player 5 years ago. I'm sure your recent criticisms of Fox are tied to that.
With regards to Ball, I refer to Ball as a backup mostly because that is what the numbers say. 11 ppg, 4.5 Assists, and 5 rebounds for a guy who plays 35 minutes per game are backup numbers. I said I'd take Brunson without even knowing what his stats this season happened to be. In looking at them you see that he either exceeds that of Ball or is tied with him in the every key offensive category. This despite playing 7 fewer minutes per game. Ball is a better defender, but considering that Brunson will probably never be more than a backup should the comp even be that close?
And as far as Ball's impact on the team Derozan and Caruso have been far more impactful than he. I have no doubt that Vuk will be too.. The best I can say about Ball is that he is a decided upgrade over that bum Coby White (whom you just loved by the way). Though you like for everyone to forget it right about now.

And as far as the team goes I'm ecstatic. That far outweighs any thoughts that I have about Ball. I thought they'd be good anyway after picking up Vuk (,a guy you hate) and Derozan, and said as much at the time.
And your "be happy for the sake of the team" falls a little flat given the fact that it was only last week that you started an entire thread about how much you think Vuk sucks and that you hate him. WYC?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:02 am 

you guys need to get laid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:05 am 

It's Vuc...pronounced Vooch.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
How we feeling about Lonzo vs Brunson now ltg?

I'd still roll with Brunson. It's the NBA. Guys have good games from time to time. Next time Brunson may give him 25.

You are what your overall says you are.

Yep. Didn't even know Brunson's #s before this. Just know a hooper when I see one.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... sja01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... llo01.html

**stats accumulated as a starter vs stats accumulated playing mainly vs 2nd unit.

also defense is about 100x better for Lonzo.

Man am I loving this, watching LTG show is ass again and again on this topic. Gonna be such a horrible year for LTG.

Between this take and saying that Steph is overrated this is shaping up to be a banner year for LTG :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:20 am 

I'd love to see Jalen Brunson hold Luka Doncic to 6-20 shooting like Lonzo did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I hate talking crap about JB Smooth, one of my favorite players in the NBA. Been cheering for him since high school.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:21 am 

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'd still roll with Brunson. It's the NBA. Guys have good games from time to time. Next time Brunson may give him 25.

You are what your overall says you are.

Yep. Didn't even know Brunson's #s before this. Just know a hooper when I see one.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... sja01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... llo01.html

**stats accumulated as a starter vs stats accumulated playing mainly vs 2nd unit.

also defense is about 100x better for Lonzo.

Man am I loving this, watching LTG show is ass again and again on this topic. Gonna be such a horrible year for LTG.

Between this take and saying that Steph is overrated this is shaping up to be a banner year for LTG :lol: :lol:

Luka's Shooting %from last night isn't too much worse than what it has been all season actually. It's not like he is anything close to a 50% shooter

I am so far ahead of the game with my prognostications (starting with the Bulls being better than your Hawks. remember that?) That you would need to drive like AJ Foyt at the Indy 500 to catch me.

And actually in Ball last night you saw both the good and the bad regarding his game. All his points came from the 3 point line last night. Every point, which shows you that when the 3 ain't falling he is cooked. There is no variety at all to his game. He gives you nothing if he cannot hit 3's. That is why he is such a low volume scorer. And if you are going to be a guy that doesn't score much as a point then at least get double digit assist or close to it.

He isn't even that. Hell his assist totals are eerily close to those of Vukevic.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:26 am 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:29 am 

you guys who are all pretty new to the Lonzo Ball experience got to see the biggest problem with his game last night, something I have been harping on for years. He has no clue how to slow down/change speeds. he goes 100mph every time he touches the ball and that's it. he goes North/South, but has no concept of what it even means to go East/West.

you saw that last night when he had two layups blocked at the rim. You could see those blocks coming from 30 feet away, but Lonzo with all his elite bball IQ is too stupid to figure out how to change speeds or direction which is what you need to be able to do as a guard trying to finish at the rim.

Easily the biggest dichotomy in his game since he is a very smart player yet is a moron when it comes to driving the basketball in the half court.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:30 am 

GoldenJet wrote:

I was just looking at this. Ironically LaVine was in position for the fast break only because he was yelling at the ref after the previous play.

I actually think the highlight here is Caruso. Check out his awareness as he glances back toward a cutter then slyly steps in front of him to impede his progress. Is that legal? I do that all the time and guys get pissed. Anyway, that puts him in position to intercept the pass, leading to the Lonzo pass and Zach dunk.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:33 am 

Easier to see Caruso's role here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOVswDEHrvE

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:53 am 

I think it's legal as long as it's not egregious. That's interference in a hockey game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:50 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Who do the Mavs have besides Luka? Portchinkas hasn't been good in years

Jalen Brunson. Who I'd happily take over Lonzo Ball.

Yep. Brunson 41 pts 5 assists 0 tirnovers in a playoff win over Utah last night.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:04 pm 

Brunson dropped 31 last night. Another Solid effort. Hometown kid. Unrestricted (i believe) after the season. Might not be a bad sign and trade move to make. He definitely would come at a cheaper price than Lonzo imo. And he is better and more dependable.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:35 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Who do the Mavs have besides Luka? Portchinkas hasn't been good in years

Jalen Brunson. Who I'd happily take over Lonzo Ball.

Yep!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Very good (RIP FF) actually :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Taking receipts :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next