pizza_Place: Malnati's
He's a dumbass.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:34 pm 

It is sad to see. Such a great player, and he is evolving into a bitter old man who will have his legacy tainted by such stupidity

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Is it possible that he's not of sound mind?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
https://sports.yahoo.com/scottie-pippen ... 58295.html
Quote:
In the doc, Michael attempted to justify the occasions in which he berated a teammate in front of the group. He felt these guys needed to develop the toughness to get past the NBA's more physical teams. Seeing again how poorly Michael treated his teammates, I cringed, as I did back then.

"Michael was wrong. We didn't win six championships because he got on guys. We won in spite of his getting on guys. We won because we played team basketball, which hadn't been the case my first two seasons, when Doug Collins was our coach. That's what was special about playing for the Bulls: the camaraderie we established with one another, not that we felt blessed to be on the same team with the immortal Michael Jordan."

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:06 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Is it possible that he's not of sound mind?

He's generating interest in his book which is what he needs to do. It's like when all these reporters publish salacious excerpts about their time in the White House with Trump or whatever. Media picks up on it, Twitter starts talking, the book comes out and then just watch it sell. He's clearly prioritizing that stuff over what Chicago might think of him.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The Missing Link wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/scottie-pippen-says-bulls-won-titles-in-spite-of-michael-jordan-berating-teammates-151158295.html
Quote:
In the doc, Michael attempted to justify the occasions in which he berated a teammate in front of the group. He felt these guys needed to develop the toughness to get past the NBA's more physical teams. Seeing again how poorly Michael treated his teammates, I cringed, as I did back then.

"Michael was wrong. We didn't win six championships because he got on guys. We won in spite of his getting on guys. We won because we played team basketball, which hadn't been the case my first two seasons, when Doug Collins was our coach. That's what was special about playing for the Bulls: the camaraderie we established with one another, not that we felt blessed to be on the same team with the immortal Michael Jordan."

I guess Scottie forgot about team basketball when he sat for those 1.8 seconds in the 94 Playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:57 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/scottie-pippen-says-bulls-won-titles-in-spite-of-michael-jordan-berating-teammates-151158295.html
Quote:

I guess Scottie forgot about team basketball when he sat for those 1.8 seconds in the 94 Playoffs.

And intentionally tried to screw the team by waiting right before the season to have surgery that last year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:29 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Quote:

And intentionally tried to screw the team by waiting right before the season to have surgery that last year.

Two very good examples of the hypocrisy of Pippen in this deal.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He needs the money. Scottie married the ultimate fame whoring/gold digging NBA wife. He also made a lot of terrible investments. The 1.8 seconds was a window into how insecure he is. He's an awkward hick from the middle of no where and grew up dirt poor. He is prone to lash out to distract from that. I don't think he's a bad person. Made bad investments and has demons he can't overcome.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:41 pm 

The goof is still bitter that he signed a really dumb contract. A contract that paid him more than Jordan until 96-97 iirc.

And forgot that Krause did him a big favor with the sign and trade deal. But I guess nothing was enough for him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:42 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
He needs the money. Scottie married the ultimate fame whoring/gold digging NBA wife. He also made a lot of terrible investments. The 1.8 seconds was a window into how insecure he is. He's an awkward hick from the middle of no where and grew up dirt poor. He is prone to lash out to distract from that. I don't think he's a bad person. Made bad investments and has demons he can't overcome.

Good analysis.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:49 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
The goof is still bitter that he signed a really dumb contract. A contract that paid him more than Jordan until 96-97 iirc.

And forgot that Krause did him a big favor with the sign and trade deal. But I guess nothing was enough for him.

And He never admits the fact that Reinsdorf was straight up with him from the very beginning about the contract prior to him signing it. He told him that he wasn't going to renegotiate it. He also advised Pippen not to do a long term deal and Pippen ignored him. Pippen frontloaded the contract so that he could receive the bulk of his dough up front and then bitched about it years later when the amount of player salaries increased. At the time he signed his contract he was one of the highest paid players in the league.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
It is sad to see. Such a great player, and he is evolving into a bitter old man who will have his legacy tainted by such stupidity

Wait, this is an Aaron Rodgers thread?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I don't really care. No one listened to Scottie 25 years ago and no one listens to him now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:41 pm 

Nardi wrote:
I don't really care. No one listened to Scottie 25 years ago and no one listens to him now.

Truth.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:45 pm 

Barkley with some truth here too

Quote:
“I feel bad because it seems he is just trying to go big-game hunting because he’s selling a book…When you go after Phil Jackson, Michael Jordan, he came after me a little bit; you just going big-game hunting because you know it’s gonna get some clicks.”

“When people talk about me, they get to bring up stupid stuff I did. Whatever happened, happened. You don’t get to get mad about it. The stuff Michael said in The Last Dance was true…But I don’t think it was Michael’s intention to roast Scottie…When you bring all this stuff up, and you just happen to have a book coming out, that’s what I think is the problem everybody’s having now.”

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:34 pm 

i still dont understand how you sign an NBA contract and don't put away $1mil for your retirement. i wouldnt trust myself to save anything, and the first thing i would do is give my 60+ year old self an emergency fund.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
IkeSouth wrote:
i still dont understand how you sign an NBA contract and don't put away $1mil for your retirement. i wouldnt trust myself to save anything, and the first thing i would do is give my 60+ year old self an emergency fund.

He made a lot of investments. Ended up suing the advisor who was guiding him.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
This moron is off his meds
https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/spor ... dkIpUKE-qA

Quote:
That stopped in the '90s. Kids wanted to be ‘Like Mike.’ Well, Mike didn’t want to pass — didn’t want to rebound or defend the best player. He wanted everything done for him.

Outside of Magic Johnson, Jordan always defended the other teams best player.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
IkeSouth wrote:

wow, lots of problems for the guy. looks like pippen's financial advisor took him to the cleaners.

if scottie spent all of the tens of millions he earned from contracts/endorsements and ran out of money today; BUT, put away $1 million 30 years ago..@ a tepid 9% compounded annually....he'd have nearly $15 million to ride into the sunset. he should have listened to you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
He needs the money. Scottie married the ultimate fame whoring/gold digging NBA wife.

i know a few arab families (christian and muslim)/assyrian families, persian families.....my personal experiences are: the non-muslim women of these groups are the most frenzied materialistic and shallowest people i have ever known. all they are concerned about are their looks, their bank book and image. some are very exotic looking, beautiful women. they share the curse of s. mediterranean women...maybe too hairy, big hips after 1st child, cankles by age 28. they need to work very hard with diets, physical workouts and their plastic surgeon.

the 'winners' here are the muslim husbands. their wives sit at home and they go out and romance 2 different blondes a week. the christian husbands are at work 14 hours a day because wifey wants a g-wagon and she reminds him that her ex-boyfriend tariq owns a fleet of 14 limos.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Caller Bob wrote:
This moron is off his meds
https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/spor ... dkIpUKE-qA

Quote:
That stopped in the '90s. Kids wanted to be ‘Like Mike.’ Well, Mike didn’t want to pass — didn’t want to rebound or defend the best player. He wanted everything done for him.

Outside of Magic Johnson, Jordan always defended the other teams best player.

Jordan guarded Magic throughout the 1991 finals, he and Pippen took turns guarding him. Also, as you said Jordan always guarded the best player on the other team, he won defensive player of the year when Pippen was just a mere role player. He also played point guard for half a season in 1989 and exceled at it and averaged over 11 assists in the 1991 NBA finals. Michael was also always regarded as an excellent rebounding guard. For Pippen to now portray Jordan as one dimensional is completely ludicrous, all this book reveals is what a bitter, delusional old fool Pippen has turned into.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Pippen was the best defensive player I ever saw personally, before the back broke down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:47 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Pippen was the best defensive player I ever saw personally, before the back broke down.

Yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Darkside wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yeah.

That still doesn't make his opinions now about Jordan any less ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:52 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yeah.

No it doesn't. But Pippin was an amazing defender. It sounds like hyperbole but he might have been the best ever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yeah.

No it doesn't. But Pippin was an amazing defender. It sounds like hyperbole but he might have been the best ever.

THIS....I take nothing away for Jordan's defense, but Pippen was a superior defender. I'm no basketball expert but Pippen was the best I recall watching.
Plus....the second three-peat had Rodman, who was also pretty solid on defense.

Pippen is and has been a head case....Jordan is the GOAT, but let's not diminish Pippen's defensive dominance.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:49 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yeah.

THIS....I take nothing away for Jordan's defense, but Pippen was a superior defender. I'm no basketball expert but Pippen was the best I recall watching.
Plus....the second three-peat had Rodman, who was also pretty solid on defense.

Pippen is and has been a head case....Jordan is the GOAT, but let's not diminish Pippen's defensive dominance.

They both were excellent; so was Rodman even in his mid-thirties.

What made Pippen more effective was his slightly taller length plus his wingspan. You'd be swarmed and there was nothing you could do. Then when Jordan joined on a double team it'd be like being rushed by two Jurassic Park velociraptors at the same time - you're finished.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
Scott Pippin is my fave player of all time. PLAYER...not intellect. Face it: Pippin is an unintelligent, borderline idiot. He might win a stupid contest with Rodman. OK? He's dumb. I blanch whenever I see him trying to explain shit in interviews.

That said I still give him kudos for bashing Jordan, however idiotically 'cuz Mike deserves that and more.