All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bulls @ Thibs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ball is a million times better fit for this roster than Schroder. If you replaced Ball with Schroder we'd be a .500 team. Maybe.

You are up on that hill defending Lonzo.

It's pretty easy to defend guys who bust their ass, have improved their game every year in the league, and do everything well except score.

Love Caruso too, but I'm sure plenty of people think he sucks because he doesnt average 25 ppg too

Caruso is a bench player. Probably what Ball should be if we're being honest. "Improves" is a relative term. Ball "improved" from bad to merely adequate. That's about it

Ball is clearly a starter in this league. That's not really up for debate, the NBA has proven that to us.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:08 pm 

Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ball is a million times better fit for this roster than Schroder. If you replaced Ball with Schroder we'd be a .500 team. Maybe.

It's pretty easy to defend guys who bust their ass, have improved their game every year in the league, and do everything well except score.

Love Caruso too, but I'm sure plenty of people think he sucks because he doesnt average 25 ppg too

I'm not worried about him not making 8fters now, I'm worried about him not making 8 fters in May when every possession means something. We just got done watching a 76er tank his entire team in crunchtime due to a scheming defense in a 7 game series.

Ben Simmons quit on his team in that series. Say what you want about Lonzo but he certainly doesnt strike me as the type of guy to quit on his team.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm not worried about him not making 8fters now, I'm worried about him not making 8 fters in May when every possession means something. We just got done watching a 76er tank his entire team in crunchtime due to a scheming defense in a 7 game series.

Ben Simmons quit on his team in that series. Say what you want about Lonzo but he certainly doesnt strike me as the type of guy to quit on his team.

That has no bearing on whether he can make the shots he needs to make in a playoff series when the scheme may be to just to leave him open in the 15 ft area. Is it a impossible defensive scheme with way too many moving parts? I hope so.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:47 pm 

It would be a pretty hilarious scheme.

I trust Lonzo a lot more than you. More often than not he makes the correct play. He's helped us win a lot of games already.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That has no bearing on whether he can make the shots he needs to make in a playoff series when the scheme may be to just to leave him open in the 15 ft area. Is it a impossible defensive scheme with way too many moving parts? I hope so.

You don't have to worry about Lonzo morphing into Simmons - Lonzo demonstrates capacity for self-improvement. He's not going to morph into Magic Johnson overnight but he's certainly going to put in the work to get better, even if marginally better. He works hard. He's not Simmons, who doesn't work at all.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
veganfan21 wrote:
You don't have to worry about Lonzo morphing into Simmons - Lonzo demonstrates capacity for self-improvement. He's not going to morph into Magic Johnson overnight but he's certainly going to put in the work to get better, even if marginally better. He works hard. He's not Simmons, who doesn't work at all.

Well that just makes him a "never confuse activity with accomplishment" guy. Javonte Green "works hard". So does the immortal Tony Brown. That doesn't mean I want either playing in a crucial playoff game.

Lonzo Ball has never "improved" any NBA team that he has ever been on. Now he is "instrumental" to every team's playoff chances. This despite never having come close to ever participating in an actual playoff game.

Meanwhile Ben Simmons has been on a playoff team every season of his career and yet you bash him incessantly anyway. If he were as useless as continuously claim Philly would have been parted with him. They would have gave him away for a bag of donuts by now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Well that just makes him a "never confuse activity with accomplishment" guy. Javonte Green "works hard". So does the immortal Tony Brown. That doesn't mean I want either playing in a crucial playoff game.

Lonzo Ball has never "improved" any NBA team that he has ever been on. Now he is "instrumental" to every team's playoff chances. This despite never having come close to ever participating in an actual playoff game.

Meanwhile Ben Simmons has been on a playoff team every season of his career and yet you bash him incessantly anyway. If he were as useless as continuously claim Philly would have been parted with him. They would have gave him away for a bag of donuts by now.

Yes. Every team needs a selfish malcontent who doesn't show up for work and refuses to get better at his job.. I'd pay a premium for that kind of dude.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:02 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yes. Every team needs a selfish malcontent who doesn't show up for work and refuses to get better at his job.. I'd pay a premium for that kind of dude.

There isn't a person alive that would rather have Lonzo Ball as opposed to Ben Simmons. Ben Simmons is a conductor. Lonzo Ball is a passenger. Big difference.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
How many games has Ben Simmons played this season?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:21 pm 

“Lonzo has never been on a team he’s improved” he says as he watches Lonzo literally improving his favorite team in real time

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:22 pm 

At some point vegan and ltg will need to acknowledge they are both half right on Simmons

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
“Lonzo has never been on a team he’s improved” he says as he watches Lonzo literally improving his favorite team in real time

Derozan is the reason this team is improved. Not Lonzo Ball and I called it before the season also. Not a revisionist. Like MANY

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:24 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Ben Simmons is holding out. He isn't the first player to ever holdout.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
At some point vegan and ltg will need to acknowledge they are both half right on Simmons

Vegan started talking shit about Ben Simmons after the Atlanta series. Way to go out on a limb Vegan.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:28 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Derozan is the reason this team is improved. Not Lonzo Ball and I called it before the season also. Not a revisionist. Like MANY

DeRozan is also a reason this team improved. So is Caruso. And everybody who follows the NBA acknowledges it. There have been numerous articles written already about the instant chemistry with Lavine/Vuc/DeMar/Lonzo/Caruso and how well that group plays together.

It’s sad that you’re letting your predetermined Lonzo hate distract you from enjoying the best Bulls season in almost a decade.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:31 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Vegan started talking shit about Ben Simmons after the Atlanta series. Way to go out on a limb Vegan.

We have mostly agreed on Simmons talent. On the other hand, you have to acknowledge how incredibly pathetic his play in that series was. Passing up on that wide open dunk to dish it to a teammate who had a worse shot was about as alarming of a play as you can see from a guy with Simmons normal vision and IQ.

Its basically undeniable there is something wrong mentally with the dude right now. Where vegan is wrong is its silly to write him off forever over it. Kid has the yips or some shit. He can still come back from it with the right help and a new environment.

Hes gotta be done in Philly cuz thats Embiid’s team and Embiid is absolutely done with him

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It's actually pretty uncommon in the NBA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:40 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That, and teammates almost universally support their teammate thats holding out. They dont publicly say “I dont care about that man, he does what he does”

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

We have mostly agreed on Simmons talent. On the other hand, you have to acknowledge how incredibly pathetic his play in that series was. Passing up on that wide open dunk to dish it to a teammate who had a worse shot was about as alarming of a play as you can see from a guy with Simmons normal vision and IQ.

Its basically undeniable there is something wrong mentally with the dude right now. Where vegan is wrong is its silly to write him off forever over it. Kid has the yips or some shit. He can still come back from it with the right help and a new environment

I stated that he was nervous long before the dunk he passed up. I noticed it after game 3 and said it on here. I could tell he was spooked and it had to do with the free throw shooting which you told me didn't matter all that much.

He passed on the dunk because he didn't want to shoot free throws. Especially at a critical moment.

I told you long before that why it was important for him to shoot better from the line and you told me it didn't matter as long as he had a post game. Then it played out during the series and it came down to free throw shooting. Just as I expected.

He wants out of Philly because they lost confidence in him. Doc and Embiid threw him under the bus after game 7.
Even if they felt that way it should never have come out at a press conference after the game. That should have been said behind closed doors.

Simmons has to own some of this too though. If he doesn't work on his game then that's on him. Seems he doesn't but even if he stays where he is at now that's still pretty damn good. He has sacrificed more of himself than any player in the league as a result of playing with Embiid. I'd take the guy in a heartbeat.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:45 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Guys sit in order to force trades all of the time in the NBA. The team will sit guys to prevent an injury in order to trade them

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:46 pm 

Giannis proved me right on our FT debate. You dont have to shoot over 70%. You just have to find other ways to score and not be a gutless coward when it comes to going in the paint and having to go the line. Fuck outta here with that weak ass victory lap :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:49 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Giannis proved me right on our FT debate. You dont have to shoot over 70%. You just have to find other ways to score and not be a gutless coward when it comes to going in the paint and having to go the line. Fuck outta here with that weak ass victory lap :lol:

What Basketball do you happen to watch? Ben Simmons shot about 20% during the playoffs.

They couldn't play him because of it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:52 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What Basketball do you happen to watch? Ben Simmons shot about 20% during the playoffs.

I watch the NBA.

Simmons shot about 5% worse than Giannis from the FT line the last couple of years and we had our debate before last year’s playoffs.

Nice try

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I watch the NBA.

Simmons shot about 5% worse than Giannis from the FT line the last couple of years and we had our debate before last year’s playoffs.

Nice try

None of this matters. In the playoffs Ben Simmons shot 20%. Did Giannis shoot 25%? if he did not then your point is moot.

And the debate about Ben Simmons occurred during last season's playoffs. You claimed he needed a post game. I told you he didn't.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:04 pm 

Jeff Van Gundy "you can only play without a talent Ben Simmons for so long without Missing it" Vegan still would rather have Lonzo Ball because he "works hard" :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I watch the NBA.

Nice try

Atlanta series last season's playoffs.
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Malone was a better FT shooter his 4th year in the league than his last. Developing a post game is a lot easier as a pro than sustained FT improvement.

Malone improved his free throw percentage by 30% at one point in his career. So did Webber. If I were to search further I'm certain there are other examples. Simmons needs to improve as a free throw shooter much more than he needs a post game. They are already employing the hack a Shaq with him. If he doesn't get decidedly better as a free throw shooter he will be unplayable late in games. His lack of free throw shooting has caused him to run away from the ball late in games during his career already. If he has apost game all of this still happens.
His inability to hit free throws already cost them a game against Washington last week.
Even if he doesn't get to 80 then 75%. Can't be sitting at 61% not going to cut it.

Doc subbed him out today after the Hawks went to a hack a Ben strategy.

Played out just as I suspected

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:10 pm 

Working hard, while shooting 45% from 3, playing great defense, and running one of the best transition games in the NBA is pretty valuable.

But yeah Lonzo has a few things he’s not good at which of course means he sucks and is a bench player :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Working hard, while shooting 45% from 3, playing great defense, and running one of the best transition games in the NBA is pretty valuable.

But yeah Lonzo has a few things he’s not good at which of course means he sucks and is a bench player :lol:

He puts up backup point guard numbers though he plays 35 minutes per game.

That screams BACKUP to most people.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:28 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Caller Bob is a moron. Are you really this determined to validate his dumbass “box score scout” comment?

Defense rarely shows up in the box score. Same with ball movement and “hockey assists”

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:35 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Caller Bob is a moron. Are you really this determined to validate his dumbass “box score scout” comment?

Defense rarely shows up in the box score. Same with ball movement and “hockey assists”

FF again what basketball do you watch? And bite me with the Intangibles bullshit. I'd rather focus on a player's tangibles.

And he is a good defensive player. He ain't exactly the 2nd coming of Tony Allen.

He puts up Backup PG #s because that is what he is. A glorified backup.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.