It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bulls @ Thibs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I watch the NBA. The same league that has proven Lonzo is a starter, without a shadow of a doubt. Thats how teams value him. In no world is he a backup. You had Kemba Walker as better than Lonzo on that ridiculous list you made. Kemba was a DNP - coach’s decision against us last night. You’ve been proven wrong about as thoroughly as someone can be proven wrong on this. Not by me. By the NBA teams themselves.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
FavreFan wrote:
I watch the NBA. The same league that has proven Lonzo is a starter, without a shadow of a doubt. Thats how teams value him. In no world is he a backup. You had Kemba Walker as better than Lonzo on that ridiculous list you made. Kemba was a DNP - coach’s decision against us last night. You’ve been proven wrong about as thoroughly as someone can be proven wrong on this. Not by me. By the NBA teams themselves.

The overwhelming number of players on that list are better than Lonzo.

He is so "good" as a point that N.O. allowed him to walk for nothing essentially. They also placed a overweight PF with minimal playmaker ability at his position and moved him off the ball just last season.

He is riding the Lavine, Derozan and Vuc wave and that's about it right now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:53 pm 

Is Kemba better than Lonzo or did that change in the last two weeks?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:55 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
He is so "good" as a point that N.O. allowed him to walk for nothing essentially. They also placed a overweight PF with minimal playmaker ability at his position and moved him off the ball just last season.

And as a result NO is the 4th worst team in the NBA currently :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:58 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

And as a result NO is the 4th worst team in the NBA currently :lol:

"As a result" :lol: :lol:. I'm sure they are lamenting the loss of Lonzo more than they are their 2 best players for much of the season

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
What am I "half right" about, FF? LTG as usual is distorting the argument. Here are my positions:

Simmons is talented
Simmons doesn't work hard or at all on his game despite his team needing him to develop another dimension as a player
Because he refuses to improve himself, he's a biitch
Because he's refusing to join his teammates because he's angry about being exposed as a biitch, he's even more of a biitch
It's not about yips, it's about being soft and immature. Put up 1M shots over the summer to develop a jump shot. Not that hard. You have three months. Sounds like he'd rather burn 1M on cars instead. He didn't have "yips" when buying those cars. in sum, he's a biitch. Nothing half right here.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:21 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
What am I "half right" about, FF? LTG as usual is distorting the argument. Here are my positions:

Simmons is talented
Simmons doesn't work hard or at all on his game despite his team needing him to develop another dimension as a player
Because he's refusing to join his teammates because he's angry about being exposed as a biitch, he's even more of a biitch
It's not about yips, it's about being soft and immature. Put up 1M shots over the summer to develop a jump shot. Not that hard. You have three months. Sounds like he'd rather burn 1M on cars instead. He didn't have "yips" when buying those cars. in sum, he's a biitch. Nothing half right here.

What does putting up a million jump shots have to do with dunking a basketball? Just Asking A Question.

And by the way guys that play defense like Simmons does and rebounds like he does have never been considered "soft". That's silly. And soft is a catchall phrase that every guy used when they don't have anything else to go with.

He needs to shoot free throws better and he will be fine. I'm not down with the shit he is pulling but he is doing whatever he has to do to force his way out.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:05 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Simmons is talented

Simmons is not just talented. He’s ridiculously talented right now even if he never improved upon what his regular season last year showed.

I dont really know whats going on with him, and either do you. All indications from everyone connected says he does work hard on his game, he hits jumpers and threes in practice and practices them often, hes got some type if perfectionist mental block that tells him not to shoot them in games for fear of failure.

^thats not my opinion or speculation, thats what dozens of connected NBA folks say. I tend to think they aren’t all lying and there’s truth to it.

It seems clear he has a mental issue he cant overcome right now. If you wanna go retrograde and say that means hes a soft biitch, im not gonna argue with you over it, but it seems to me its a little more nuanced than that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Simmons is talented

Simmons is not just talented. He’s ridiculously talented right now even if he never improved upon what his regular season last year showed.

I dont really know whats going on with him, and either do you. All indications from everyone connected says he does work hard on his game, he hits jumpers and threes in practice and practices them often, hes got some type if perfectionist mental block that tells him not to shoot them in games for fear of failure.

^thats not my opinion or speculation, thats what dozens of connected NBA folks say. I tend to think they aren’t all lying and there’s truth to it.

It seems clear he has a mental issue he cant overcome right now. If you wanna go retrograde and say that means hes a soft biitch, im not gonna argue with you over it, but it seems to me its a little more nuanced than that.

yips is the word for it. It's a mental malfunction. Uncommon in basketball but it can happen. His form is not bad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:54 pm 

Not sure the yips is the right word for it. Concerns about his competitiveness and love of the game go back to LSU, not just last years playoffs

To rock my soul