It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
veganfan21 wrote:
A crippled John Wall isn't going help anyone get a ring. I'd agree if it was 2013. With due respect this is one of the weakest arguments you've offered in this section.

He isn't crippled though. He averaged 20 a game last season. The guy can still play. He isn't in Houston's plans that's why he is sitting. If it were 2013 you ain't getting Wall for a bum like Coby and Lonzo. Now you can.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: What??
GoldenJet wrote:
The Bulls don't need to shuffle the guards.

They need a big mean man.

Bulls already can grab a game by the throat. At minimum, they need a guy to keep opponents off the offensive glass. That shouldn't cost much of anything.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:35 am 

Nardi wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

Bulls already can grab a game by the throat. At minimum, they need a guy to keep opponents off the offensive glass. That shouldn't cost much of anything.

They will find that guy or guys at buyout time. They need one more guy that can make a play on offense.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:46 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

They will find that guy or guys at buyout time. They need one more guy that can make a play on offense.

I'm going to whisper they might already have him. Ayo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:05 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I like Ayo but I'm not ready to go there just yet.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:24 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

With the team jelled as it is, I'm not willing to trade a questionable guard for a questionable guard. At least right now anyway. John Wall ain't going anywhere until Feb. Let's take it up then.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:39 am 

No. Wall is not the answer to this teams problems.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:44 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

With the team jelled as it is, I'm not willing to trade a questionable guard for a questionable guard. At least right now anyway. John Wall ain't going anywhere until Feb. Let's take it up then.

As presently constructed the team is a 2nd round exit waiting to happen. Again if the league was not so wide open I'd say hell no.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'd rather have a few poor man's Bam Adeyabo types + this generation's version of Jason Terry.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:54 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I'd rather have a few poor man's Bam Adeyabo types + this generation's version of Jason Terry.

They will be able to find a few guys to rebound if they want. Its going to be tough to find another playmaking guard. They need one badly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
veganfan21 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Does the city of Chicago have similar vaccine mandates to NYC? Kyrie would establish the Bulls as the favorite in the East.

He would but I don’t believe the Bulls have the requisite pieces to facilitate the move. Nets would want more than Ball and Coby.

He'd be good to go in Chicago vaccination wise.

He’s a free agent at the end of the season (more than likely opting out). The Nets aren’t going to get equal value back and they know it. If he is going to play basketball this season, it’s got to be in a different uniform.

Also, his camp has said he’d retire if traded to Philadelphia. It must really suck to be in the Nets front office.

If I were the Nets I think I do that. Irving is a headache - even if he comes back he's probably going to miss another 20 over the season to randomly volunteer at soup kitchens or whatever. Get what you can and get out.

Funny joke but Kyrie would be playing right now if he wasn't in NYC. He might not want to get a vaccine or once believed the Earth is flat but he's still the 2nd best PG in the association.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:54 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Does the city of Chicago have similar vaccine mandates to NYC? Kyrie would establish the Bulls as the favorite in the East.

He would but I don’t believe the Bulls have the requisite pieces to facilitate the move. Nets would want more than Ball and Coby.

He’s a free agent at the end of the season (more than likely opting out). The Nets aren’t going to get equal value back and they know it. If he is going to play basketball this season, it’s got to be in a different uniform.

Also, his camp has said he’d retire if traded to Philadelphia. It must really suck to be in the Nets front office.

If I were the Nets I think I do that. Irving is a headache - even if he comes back he's probably going to miss another 20 over the season to randomly volunteer at soup kitchens or whatever. Get what you can and get out.

Funny joke but Kyrie would be playing right now if he wasn't in NYC. He might not want to get a vaccine or once believed the Earth is flat but he's still the 2nd best PG in the association.

The joke very much came from a place of truth. He's unreliable. He disappeared last year during the season - Nash went on record saying he didn't know where he was or what he was doing. I think later on when he returned the spin was he was taking a "mental health" day and that he also used his time to fundraise or attend some social justice-related event during his "time away." You can't rely on this kind of person. It's not unlike knowing a job-hopper who, while talented at the job, can't be trusted to produce consistently or even be around sometimes. I'm sorry, I'd rather just not have the headache. Even now, irrespective of his uninformed opinions on world events, he's single handedly sabotaging the Nets' season. Harden is forced to play a different role simply because the PG the Nets hired to play PG chooses to not be around. It's not ideal at all. You can't entrust the team to a headcase. Give me someone who shows up for work instead.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:19 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

The joke very much came from a place of truth. He's unreliable. He disappeared last year during the season - Nash went on record saying he didn't know where he was or what he was doing. I think later on when he returned the spin was he was taking a "mental health" day and that he also used his time to fundraise or attend some social justice-related event during his "time away." You can't rely on this kind of person. It's not unlike knowing a job-hopper who, while talented at the job, can't be trusted to produce consistently or even be around sometimes. I'm sorry, I'd rather just not have the headache. Even now, irrespective of his uninformed opinions on world events, he's single handedly sabotaging the Nets' season. Harden is forced to play a different role simply because the PG the Nets hired to play PG chooses to not be around. It's not ideal at all. You can't entrust the team to a headcase. Give me someone who shows up for work instead.

Vegan if you are going to bash at least get the facts correct.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Kyrie’s a turd, but he’ll show up for the playoffs. So rightfully no team will give a shit if he flakes out for a week in January.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Let’s make terrible moves based on my personal vendettas!

:lol:

Pretty much

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:44 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Let’s make terrible moves based on my personal vendettas!

Only an idiot would believe that this was the reason.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:47 pm 

Keep in mind that it wasn't all that long ago that MANY believed that the "key" to improving the Bulls was to trade Lavine and build around Coby White. :roll: :roll: AK won't make this move so it's moot but if he really wants to go for a winnable title this year he should make it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:49 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I got you. Again though, Kyrie would be playing basketball if he’s not in NYC.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:17 pm 

Even if we assume that can we be sure he'd really be "present." I'm seeing this in my day to day as well post George Floyd. That event has triggered new ways of looking at things amongst many people, Irving included. People are more inclined to say "fuck it". I don't necessarily mind that at a personal level. But if someone is deeply conflicted about whether his profession is part of larger problem or not then it's hard - for me - to trust he'll deliver. I think he should retire and pursue social justice causes. But if he wants to play then he has to be 100% committed. I don't think he's figured that out.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Read a couple articles that say Deaaron Fox may be available.. they have too many guards as is and looking to rebuild.. can we make it happen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:17 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Even if we assume that can we be sure he'd really be "present." I'm seeing this in my day to day as well post George Floyd. That event has triggered new ways of looking at things amongst many people, Irving included. People are more inclined to say "fuck it". I don't necessarily mind that at a personal level. But if someone is deeply conflicted about whether his profession is part of larger problem or not then it's hard - for me - to trust he'll deliver. I think he should retire and pursue social justice causes. But if he wants to play then he has to be 100% committed. I don't think he's figured that out.

I just don't think it's that complicated. Kyrie doesn't want to get vaccinated. New York City says if you are not vaccinated, you cannot attend any indoor event. He could play road games but the Nets are not letting him do that. So again, if Kyrie were in a Bulls, Suns, or Heat uniform, he'd be playing basketball right now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:19 pm 

312player wrote:
Read a couple articles that say Deaaron Fox may be available.. they have too many guards as is and looking to rebuild.. can we make it happen.

That would be cool. I thought Bagley was a more reasonable acquisition.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:20 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I just don't think it's that complicated. Kyrie doesn't want to get vaccinated. New York City says if you are not vaccinated, you cannot attend any indoor event. He could play road games but the Nets are not letting him do that. So again, if Kyrie were in a Bulls, Suns, or Heat uniform, he'd be playing basketball right now.

Then when you have to play the Knicks or Nets in the playoffs he can not play in half of the games. Hard pass.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:22 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Then when you have to play the Knicks or Nets in the playoffs he can not play in half of the games. Hard pass.

Out-of-town teams/players are exempt from the mandates.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

No.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
KDdidit wrote:
Kyrie’s a turd, but he’ll show up for the playoffs. So rightfully no team will give a shit if he flakes out for a week in January.

Unless it's game 7 of the ECF. Just ask his former teammates on Boston. I think his ticket is still waiting at will call.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:29 pm 

shakes wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

No.

You're silly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
312player wrote:

That would be cool. I thought Bagley was a more reasonable acquisition.

From wgat I read they want to tank again. He is their best asset

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:51 pm 

I'm not saying aye or nay, but he is the one PG worse at defense than Trae.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Does this team need another high volume guy?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants