It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trading Zach Lavine
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
IkeSouth wrote:
whats the hate with lonzo now? hes two years younger than lavine. and this young core likes playing with eachother. with williams showing signs of brightness, there is a strong chance we trade derozen for a big name star who is a few years younger, and suddenly we have a 3-4 year window to make a run for a ring.

would be hilarious if we trade derozen to LA and lenord comes here and gets another ring

Lonzo Ball isn't all that good of a player and he is drastically overpaid. Not to mention the fact that he is "Oft injured".

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
I don't see how management doesn't still think they have 2 more years of a window. I mean, they don't and it was fools gold to begin with. But they went ahead and invested in a couple small pond 30+ yr olds.

They are what I thought they'd be. Interesting, but that's it. There's only two ways to get REALLY good and that's having the big pond fish or collecting an abundance of overall talent, like Miami and Phoenix. I think AK thinks he can go the Miami/Phoenix route and therefore, Lavine will get his contract. Just like Butler got his.

Nah Derozan isn't a small pond anything. He will probably finish in the top 10 in MVP voting. He has far exceeded the money they are paying him and Vooch is an 18 and 11 guy. He makes 2 million more than Ball does. Ball's deal is by far the worst contract on their books.

They are a 5-6 seeded team in year 2. Considering where they were just last year that isn't all that bad.

There's a handful of big ponders and we know who they are. AK is going the Miami route. He's signing Lavine. Didn't we talk about this 6 months ago?

Derozan isn't though. He has been a big time player for them this year.

And by the way keeping the Wendell Carters of the world and hoping for him to develop wasn't the answer either.

AK has made a few mistakes i.e. signing Ball and holding on to that bum ass Coby White for too long, but for the most part his moves have been solid.

His moves are only solid in the context of a remaining 2 year window and making 2 more "solid" moves. Otherwise, it's just pretend.

That's why I proposed the John Wall deal. Which MANY here disagreed with for some strange reason.

But's that's not like Miami getting Lowry. Obtaining Wall would be taking a flyer because of the bad knees and the torn achilles. yes he's had a whole year to build himself back up, and let's say he's good next year and Williams takes a big step. It's still a 2 year pipe dream in that conference. 2 years of "interesting" .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:20 pm 

Nardi wrote:
But's that's not like Miami getting Lowry. Obtaining Wall would be taking a flyer because of the bad knees and the torn achilles. yes he's had a whole year to build himself back up, and let's say he's good next year and Williams takes a big step. It's still a 2 year pipe dream in that conference. 2 years of "interesting" .

Wall demonstrated last year that he can still go and it's not like Ball has been the "pillar" of health since he entered the league either. He is always hurt and always sitting because of it. If the Bulls had the chance to move him and Coby White they should have done so.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This thread is beyond stupid.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:34 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
This thread is beyond stupid.

"Beyond stupid" occurs only when any thread has the misfortune of having you show up in it.

Board Herpes is right!

Frank Coztansa wrote: