It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trading Zach Lavine
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
At $20 Million per year (current contract) He is a helluva bargain but at $40 million dollars per year he is a bad contract. AK and Co. have to move him after this season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Zach Lavine
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: John's
His knees are about done.

Post subject: Re: Trading Zach Lavine
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He makes 40 million a year ??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:55 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

He might be after this season. His contract is up.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Yep! Giving him a max contract will set this team back 5 to 10 years.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:01 am 

Nas wrote:
Yep! Giving him a max contract will set this team back 5 to 10 years.

Yeah it will. I'm a huge fan of the guy but they have to trade him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Agreed. As fun as this year has been (relative to the pain of previous years), this team is clearly nowhere near good enough to compete with the best. As vegan mentioned in the other thread, 2-19 vs the top four teams in each conference. That is unacceptable. The sad thing is that instead of having optimism for the future, this team will likely regress as DeRozan ages and Lavine gets paid. Time to blow it up...again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:12 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Agreed. As fun as this year has been (relative to the pain of previous years), this team is clearly nowhere near good enough to compete with the best. As vegan mentioned in the other thread, 2-19 vs the top four teams in each conference. That is unacceptable. The sad thing is that instead of having optimism for the future, this team will likely regress as DeRozan ages and Lavine gets paid. Time to blow it up...again.

I think that AK made the Derozan and Vuc moves to see if Lavine was worth max money. Surround him with better and more experienced players and see what you have in Lavine. I think it's clear that he isn't a franchise player thus you can't pay him franchise player money.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:37 am 

i dont know about all that. i agree they gave zach the pieces to succeed.. but i think we saw one injury lead to a lot of other problems in his back and such. he's only 27. there is still a very high likelyhood he spends an offseason recovering and comes back fully healthy. even though he has been hurt, he puts up shots that nobody else can make. thats not something you can teach.

if someone wants to give us a boatload for derozen, fine. and if were gonna keep vuch, he cant be relied upon. he has good games but when hes bad hes terrible.

this team could easily do better next year. i dont see why you would blow it up. injuries killed their mojo, thats not uncommon to see. theyre young, they have nothing but upside.

we need another big. thats clear. williams will be great, but we need someone that can help him. thompson is a bench big. ok in short spurts, but overall sucks. and we need two more very good 3pt shooters. with those 3 pieces added, we will be at the top.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:45 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

If his contract is up how they gonna trade him?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:06 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

You can't actually be asking this can you CB? Sign and Trades are damn near as old as the league itself.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:10 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
i dont know about all that. i agree they gave zach the pieces to succeed.. but i think we saw one injury lead to a lot of other problems in his back and such. he's only 27. there is still a very high likelyhood he spends an offseason recovering and comes back fully healthy. even though he has been hurt, he puts up shots that nobody else can make. thats not something you can teach.

if someone wants to give us a boatload for derozen, fine. and if were gonna keep vuch, he cant be relied upon. he has good games but when hes bad hes terrible.

this team could easily do better next year. i dont see why you would blow it up. injuries killed their mojo, thats not uncommon to see. theyre young, they have nothing but upside.

we need another big. thats clear. williams will be great, but we need someone that can help him. thompson is a bench big. ok in short spurts, but overall sucks. and we need two more very good 3pt shooters. with those 3 pieces added, we will be at the top.

I agree on the needing another big thing. AK definitely dropped the ball there. The problem is that if you max out Lavine then it will be tough to add the necessary pieces to surround them.

The Bulls 3 top players are all on "team friendly" contracts and yet the Bulls still aren't good enough to compete with the better teams in the league. If you max out Lavine then the team friendly portion of this changes drastically.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:31 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

You can't actually be asking this can you CB? Sign and Trades are damn near as old as the league itself.

You won’t get anything of value in a S&T

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:32 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

I agree on the needing another big thing. AK definitely dropped the ball there. The problem is that if you max out Lavine then it will be tough to add the necessary pieces to surround them.

The Bulls 3 top players are all on "team friendly" contracts and yet the Bulls still aren't good enough to compete with the better teams in the league. If you max out Lavine then the team friendly portion of this changes drastically.

then i see what you mean. its probably better to let him walk and get more quantity of good enough players than have one guy who could be a star but really hasnt been.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Let’s trade this oft injured free agent! Brilliant.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:37 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

You won’t get anything of value in a S&T

For Lavine they will.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:40 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Let’s trade this oft injured free agent! Brilliant.

"Oft Injured" :lol: :lol: :lol: Lavine's last major injury was 6-7 years ago.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Cannot give Lavine a max deal. But I have faith in this front office.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:47 am 

i would base it on how the phone rings. if someone wants to give us a lot for zach, great. see ya. but if i dont get much for him, fuck it just pay him. hes not as bad as you guys say. hes very good, and still young.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:47 am 

denisdman wrote:
Cannot give Lavine a max deal. But I have faith in this front office.

I actually don't believe they will trade him. It's the correct move to do but I don't think they will.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:50 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
i would base it on how the phone rings. if someone wants to give us a lot for zach, great. see ya. but if i dont get much for him, fuck it just pay him. hes not as bad as you guys say. hes very good, and still young.

He isn't a franchise player so you can't pay him franchise player money. If you do then you will be waiting for the contract to be up just so that you can start the rebuilding process again.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:55 am 

A Lavine max contract would be Wall level bad in a year or two.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I don't see how management doesn't still think they have 2 more years of a window. I mean, they don't and it was fools gold to begin with. But they went ahead and invested in a couple small pond 30+ yr olds.

They are what I thought they'd be. Interesting, but that's it. There's only two ways to get REALLY good and that's having the big pond fish or collecting an abundance of overall talent, like Miami and Phoenix. I think AK thinks he can go the Miami/Phoenix route and therefore, Lavine will get his contract. Just like Butler got his.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:03 am 

Nardi wrote:
I don't see how management doesn't still think they have 2 more years of a window. I mean, they don't and it was fools gold to begin with. But they went ahead and invested in a couple small pond 30+ yr olds.

They are what I thought they'd be. Interesting, but that's it. There's only two ways to get REALLY good and that's having the big pond fish or collecting an abundance of overall talent, like Miami and Phoenix. I think AK thinks he can go the Miami/Phoenix route and therefore, Lavine will get his contract. Just like Butler got his.

Nah Derozan isn't a small pond anything. He will probably finish in the top 10 in MVP voting. He has far exceeded the money they are paying him and Vooch is an 18 and 11 guy. He makes 2 million more than Ball does. Ball's deal is by far the worst contract on their books.

They are a 5-6 seeded team in year 2. Considering where they were just last year that isn't all that bad.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:11 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

He isn't a franchise player so you can't pay him franchise player money. If you do then you will be waiting for the contract to be up just so that you can start the rebuilding process again.

you are right if zach hasnt peaked yet. i think his best years are still ahead of him. hes gotta stay healthy though. and the way he plays, he needs to learn how to get his midrange going if he wants to stay healthy. but theres nothing that says he can't do that. he is a very good shooter from deep.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:17 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Nah Derozan isn't a small pond anything. He will probably finish in the top 10 in MVP voting. He has far exceeded the money they are paying him and Vooch is an 18 and 11 guy. He makes 2 million more than Ball does. Ball's deal is by far the worst contract on their books.

They are a 5-6 seeded team in year 2. Considering where they were just last year that isn't all that bad.

There's a handful of big ponders and we know who they are. AK is going the Miami route. He's signing Lavine. Didn't we talk about this 6 months ago?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:21 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

There's a handful of big ponders and we know who they are. AK is going the Miami route. He's signing Lavine. Didn't we talk about this 6 months ago?

Derozan isn't though. He has been a big time player for them this year.

And by the way keeping the Wendell Carters of the world and hoping for him to develop wasn't the answer either.

AK has made a few mistakes i.e. signing Ball and holding on to that bum ass Coby White for too long, but for the most part his moves have been solid.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:28 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

And by the way keeping the Wendell Carters of the world and hoping for him to develop wasn't the answer either.

AK has made a few mistakes i.e. signing Ball and holding on to that bum ass Coby White for too long, but for the most part his moves have been solid.

His moves are only solid in the context of a remaining 2 year window and making 2 more "solid" moves. Otherwise, it's just pretend.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:45 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

His moves are only solid in the context of a remaining 2 year window and making 2 more "solid" moves. Otherwise, it's just pretend.

That's why I proposed the John Wall deal. Which MANY here disagreed with for some strange reason.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:46 am 

whats the hate with lonzo now? hes two years younger than lavine. and this young core likes playing with eachother. with williams showing signs of brightness, there is a strong chance we trade derozen for a big name star who is a few years younger, and suddenly we have a 3-4 year window to make a run for a ring.

would be hilarious if we trade derozen to LA and lenord comes here and gets another ring