It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:33 pm 

i feel a blowout

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:25 pm 

God this team sucks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Only playoff team with a negative point differential. Vucevic gets eaten alive every night now.

No longer "interesting".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:25 pm 

the collapse of this team has been astounding. usually an over achieving team ends the season decently and gets spanked in the playoffs. i dont even want to watch these guys anymore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
The Quality of Play started to decline the second Coby White started to play "Quality minutes". That is no coincidence either.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:30 pm 

It's Lavine's knee, Caruso's wrist and back, causing no backcourt defense, no small forward defense, no center defense, no consistent rebounding, and no consistent help where some games it becomes a layup line.

Also, Coby sucks. Put the white kid in, for chrissake. Even though I can't even remember his name. Coby might have tanked his career over the last month.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:43 pm 

Chemistry took a hit when ball got hurt. Then caruso and lavine. That was it.

This team healthy next year is good, especially if williams continues to progress and stay healthy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:52 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
Chemistry took a hit when ball got hurt. Then caruso and lavine. That was it.

This team healthy next year is good, especially if williams continues to progress and stay healthy

Good is relative. Good as the top 4 now plus cleveland? Maybe even Brooklyn or Atlanta? This isn't your Dad's Eastern Conference.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:25 am 

Nardi wrote:
It's Lavine's knee, Caruso's wrist and back, causing no backcourt defense, no small forward defense, no center defense, no consistent rebounding, and no consistent help where some games it becomes a layup line.

Also, Coby sucks. Put the white kid in, for chrissake. Even though I can't even remember his name. Coby might have tanked his career over the last month.

The Bulls only need some minor tweaking in order to be top 5 in the Conference. 1-2 rim protector/rebounder types to back up Vooch and Williams and a backup point guard. Or starting point if you trade Ball. Which they aren't going to do.

The East is laoded so a top 5 finish next year might not be as bad as it seems at first glance.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:36 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

The Bulls only need some minor tweaking in order to be top 5 in the Conference. 1-2 rim protector/rebounder types to back up Vooch and Williams and a backup point guard. Or starting point if you trade Ball. Which they aren't going to do.

The East is laoded so a top 5 finish next year might not be as bad as it seems at first glance.

All top 4 Bulls played and got blown out by Charlotte.

Very recently, you were ready to trade Lavine. you know minor tweaking won't get the job done to get into the second round of the playoffs. Minor tweaking, IMO, gets them a play-in. They give up 125 points a game. Vucevic is exposed. He's been getting hunted since all star break. Guys are taking turns ass raping him. It's painful to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:41 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

All top 4 Bulls played and got blown out by Charlotte.

Very recently, you were ready to trade Lavine. you know minor tweaking won't get the job done to get into the second round of the playoffs. Minor tweaking, IMO, gets them a play-in. They give up 125 points a game. Vucevic is exposed. He's been getting hunted since all star break. Guys are taking turns ass raping him. It's painful to watch.

Lavine's Knee are shot. That's the biggest difference since the beginning of the season. Vuc hasn't been up to snuff either but the biggest problem is that the guards keep getting beat off the bounce every game. You can get any shot that you want against them. Caruso has been a shell of his former self too since coming back. And the Bulls only have one point guard on the team and he had been hurt for 3 months.

Donovan has to get away from the small ball garbage too. The best defensive teams in the league are going big at the 4-5 slots for the most part. You can't keep playing 6-3 and 6-4 guys at the PF slot regardless of how tough they are.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:02 am 

i agree we need two more big guys. small ball might work in regular season but in the playoffs teams close out the perimeter and they stop drives to the paint. the only thing you can do at that point is get it to a big guy inside and hope he can drop it in.

williams might be the 1 of 2 big guys but hes gotta prove it still. theres a very high chance hes the kind of guy who is only good when he wants to be. and vuch is not big enough to be a big. hes formidable scorer, but not really good enough for his position to be on a title team imo.

i don't buy that lavines knees are shot. i think he clearly overworked himself early this season and hurt himself doing it, but with a more relaxed training schedule he will bounce back. having him watch derozen do what he did had to help... pace matters, you dont have to go 100% at every step.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:10 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
i agree we need two more big guys. small ball might work in regular season but in the playoffs teams close out the perimeter and they stop drives to the paint. the only thing you can do at that point is get it to a big guy inside and hope he can drop it in.

williams might be the 1 of 2 big guys but hes gotta prove it still. theres a very high chance hes the kind of guy who is only good when he wants to be. and vuch is not big enough to be a big. hes formidable scorer, but not really good enough for his position to be on a title team imo.

i don't buy that lavines knees are shot. i think he clearly overworked himself early this season and hurt himself doing it, but with a more relaxed training schedule he will bounce back. having him watch derozen do what he did had to help... pace matters, you dont have to go 100% at every step.

Lavine will likely need surgery at the end of the year but for this season his knees are shot. He and Derozan were a formidable 1-2 punch early on but since about game 50 its mostly been Derozan. That's the biggest difference that I notice.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:04 am 

orthoscopic maybe.. but his knees arent shot. he can move. it just hurts. yea hes not ok for the playoffs, but he will play anyway.