It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022 Bulls Offseason
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Bamba going back to Magic.

The Bulls are running out of options to add some rim protection.

Yeah Bamba would have been good. They might be in play for Proetl from San Antonio. He would be a good get. The problem is that AK is overvaluing Coby White. Looks like he might be back next year as a result

Except I don't know why an organization like the Spurs would want Coby.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Bamba going back to Magic.

The Bulls are running out of options to add some rim protection.

Yeah Bamba would have been good. They might be in play for Proetl from San Antonio. He would be a good get. The problem is that AK is overvaluing Coby White. Looks like he might be back next year as a result

Except I don't know why an organization like the Spurs would want Coby.

No one is valuing Coby except the Bulls. They want a rotation player and a 1st Round pick for him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Time to go get Durant?

No thanks. I'm good CB

Durant is a PrimoDonna but you'd be crazy not to want him for one last run with this group.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:23 pm 

:?

Actually 2 years 6.6 million? There is no risk here.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Last edited by conns7901 on Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Time to go get Durant?

No thanks. I'm good CB

Durant is a PrimoDonna but you'd be crazy not to want him for one last run with this group.

I don't think he's a primadonna.

This is where you tell Zach LaVine thanks so much for the memories, it was fun winning meaningless basketball games the last 5 seasons, you've earned the max deal, but Brooklyn is going to pay you that money. They can deal with your knee pain every time you jump and land. We're going to strut out a lineup of Ball, DeRozan, Galinari, Durant, and Vucevic.

If Brooklyn is not interested in Ayton and the Suns don't want to trade Booker, LaVine has got to go. Throw in picks. Throw in Ayo, Coby, and if it takes Williams, throw him in too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Andre Drummond move the needle for anybody?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

The road to the finals runs thru Chicago now!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:43 pm 

Meh.

But I was surprised to see he is 28. He seems like he has been in the league forever. I was expecting to see he was 33-34 yrs old.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:48 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Time to go get Durant?

No thanks. I'm good CB

This is where you tell Zach LaVine thanks so much for the memories, it was fun winning meaningless basketball games the last 5 seasons, you've earned the max deal, but Brooklyn is going to pay you that money. They can deal with your knee pain every time you jump and land. We're going to strut out a lineup of Ball, DeRozan, Galinari, Durant, and Vucevic.

If Brooklyn is not interested in Ayton and the Suns don't want to trade Booker, LaVine has got to go. Throw in picks. Throw in Ayo, Coby, and if it takes Williams, throw him in too.

Durant has been in the league 14-15 years now. Lot of miles on him and when things go sour here he will want out again. You get 1-2 good years out of him and that's about it. And still not get past the 2nd round. And when it's over the franchise will be screwed for years because of what they had to mortgage to get him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:06 pm 

As a backup he's fine and definitely an up grade over what they had. Didn't cost much to sign him either.
They still need another guy to come off the bench in the frontcourt however. They need a wing that can also backup at the 4 spot as well

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:56 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Time to go get Durant?

No thanks. I'm good CB

Durant has been in the league 14-15 years now. Lot of miles on him and when things go sour here he will want out again. You get 1-2 good years out of him and that's about it. And still not get past the 2nd round. And when it's over the franchise will be screwed for years because of what they had to mortgage to get him.

LaVine has had a lot of miles on him too. And his knee hurts every god damn time he jumps and lands on it. LeBron is exactly the age Durant will be when his contract expires 4 years from now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:26 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Time to go get Durant?

No thanks. I'm good CB

LaVine has had a lot of miles on him too. And his knee hurts every god damn time he jumps and lands on it. LeBron is exactly the age Durant will be when his contract expires 4 years from now.

Durant has been injured more. Significant injuries.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:40 am 

Reinsdorf won't pay anybody 50 mil a year. So let's just nip this Durant thing in the bud.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:20 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Time to go get Durant?

No thanks. I'm good CB

I don't think you get 4 years out of Durant though. Even if he still can play at a high level in 4 years I don’t believe it will be in Bulls uniform. You'd get 2 years out of him max before he'd start requesting a trade again. Just as he is doing now.
The Nets gave him everything he wanted. They made every move he wanted them to make. They hired Nash because Durant wanted Nash to coach the team. He wanted Nash because he didn't want to actually be coached. They signed DeAndre Jordan and overpaid for him because Durant wanted DeAndre Jordan. DeAndre Jordan was Durant's best friend in the NBA. The Harden trade was made because Durant wanted Harden. They gave up a slew of Draft picks plus a current All Star in Jarrett Allen all because Durant wanted that move made. Now the whole franchise is screwed. If the Bulls trade for Durant all of that "baggage" comes with him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Whoopty doo!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Better hope those knees hold up

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:06 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Whoopty doo!

There is a better chance this deal will end up killing this team and costing AK his job then workout.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
conns7901 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Whoopty doo!

There is a better chance this deal will end up killing this team and costing AK his job then workout.

Yeah, I don't see this turning out good for the Bulls.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Jaw Breaker wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Whoopty doo!

I don't think they really had much of a choice in this. I'm sure they had his knees checked out and once the medical staff gave them the OK it was their best option. If Patrick Williams fizzles out then it becomes a rebuild & you hope Lavine stays healthy long enough to become a trade piece. If Williams is good then the whole picture changes. Frankly I'm more concerned about Ball than Lavine.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I'm no NBA or bulls expert, so correct me if I'm wrong...
Bulls have to spend the money on somebody and this was one of their few options based on players that actually be willing to come to Chicago.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:43 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Whoopty doo!

I don't think they really had much of a choice in this. I'm sure they had his knees checked out and once the medical staff gave them the OK it was their best option. If Patrick Williams fizzles out then it becomes a rebuild & you hope Lavine stays healthy long enough to become a trade piece. If Williams is good then the whole picture changes. Frankly I'm more concerned about Ball than Lavine.

Yep me too. Lavine was still able to play. Ball hasn't played since January and is likely to have a 2nd surgery for the same issue. Not a good look.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If the renowned Bulls medical staff gives the A-OK on Levine’s knees for the contract, that’s good enough for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
RFDC wrote:

Meh.

But I was surprised to see he is 28. He seems like he has been in the league forever. I was expecting to see he was 33-34 yrs old.

Greg Monroe effect. Pistons drafted Monroe in 2010 7th overall and then Dumars doubled-down on badly missing the direction the league was headed and used the Pistons 9th overall on Drummond 2 years later.

TBF, there wasn't much left on the 2012 board at that point. Maybe Jae Crowder or Draymond Green would've been better selections in retrospect. Pistons and Dumars actually made a great selection in the 2nd round of 2012-- Khris Middleton; which prescient draft pick they quickly fumbled by packaging Middleton with Slava Kravtsov and Brandon Knight to swap Brandons with Milwaukee (Brandon Jennings).

Dumars would be relieved of his Pistons front-office duties the next year--to make way for the even worse atrocity of Stan Van Gundy being both Pistons head coach and GM.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:23 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Whoopty doo!

Yeah I have pretty much come to the same place on this. I agree with Link. This all comes down to Williams. If Williams is the player they hope then this becomes a good deal and you have something going. If Williams is bad then it is a moot point and maybe you can trade Lavine down the road.

I am concerned about Ball, but I am even more concerned with their ability to land any of their targets in FA. They had to go way down their list to get to Drummond. Gallinari went with the Celtics. They have to add some other pieces.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:25 pm 

I think it's great that the Bulls have improved from a 6 seed to a 5. That is, if Cleveland shits the bed. If not, then it's back to a 6. Or a 7. Or Rudy Gobert. Then it's back to a 5. Anyways, I'm pumped. Can't even recruit a washed up fat Italian. But that's actually good. He'd get fatter in Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The Missing Link wrote:

I don't think you get 4 years out of Durant though. Even if he still can play at a high level in 4 years I don’t believe it will be in Bulls uniform. You'd get 2 years out of him max before he'd start requesting a trade again. Just as he is doing now.
The Nets gave him everything he wanted. They made every move he wanted them to make. They hired Nash because Durant wanted Nash to coach the team. He wanted Nash because he didn't want to actually be coached. They signed DeAndre Jordan and overpaid for him because Durant wanted DeAndre Jordan. DeAndre Jordan was Durant's best friend in the NBA. The Harden trade was made because Durant wanted Harden. They gave up a slew of Draft picks plus a current All Star in Jarrett Allen all because Durant wanted that move made. Now the whole franchise is screwed. If the Bulls trade for Durant all of that "baggage" comes with him.

Damn, KD owe you money or something...you stack it all up like that and it's a helluva pile of crap KD dumped on the Nets. I never got letting Kenny Atkinson go for freaking Steve Nash. Nets front-office should've drawn a line at letting the players pick their coach. At least they kept Jacque Vaughn on as an assistant, tho it would have been better to make Vaughn the head coach and maybe Nash an assistant. Nash might be a smart guy, but he couldn't coach worth a crap. And Nash wasn't getting better. Udoka made Nash look silly in that Celtics sweep. if you gave Udoka the Nets roster and Nash the Celtics, the sweep likely goes the other way.

What's the deal with NBA players needing buddies on the roster?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:36 pm 

Gallinari choosing the Celtics over the Bulls hurts. That guy has always balled. He would have been a really really nice addition.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:48 pm 

Hussra wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Damn, KD owe you money or something...you stack it all up like that and it's a helluva pile of crap KD dumped on the Nets. I never got letting Kenny Atkinson go for freaking Steve Nash. Nets front-office should've drawn a line at letting the players pick their coach. At least they kept Jacque Vaughn on as an assistant, tho it would have been better to make Vaughn the head coach and maybe Nash an assistant. Nash might be a smart guy, but he couldn't coach worth a crap. And Nash wasn't getting better. Udoka made Nash look silly in that Celtics sweep. if you gave Udoka the Nets roster and Nash the Celtics, the sweep likely goes the other way.

What's the deal with NBA players needing buddies on the roster?

Chalk it all up to 2 words "player empowerment". It's why a number of players have been clowning KD since the request.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:49 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Gallinari choosing the Celtics over the Bulls hurts. That guy has always balled. He would have been a really really nice addition.

Yeah I wanted him to sign with the Bulls. They need a consistent veteran scorer off the bench and he would have fit perfectly

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:22 pm 

This is one hell of a signing. This dude can move the basketball and make big shots from anywhere on the court.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next