It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022-23 Bulls Season
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
should he bench Lavine ?

He's the worst offender by far

Not saying he's Thibs level, but you gotta play the hand you're dealt

What moves would you suggest he make ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:16 pm 

Exactly. He's letting the top guys swim or sink. He has to do that. Benching Lavigne or derozen would ruin any chance of the chemistry working.

Plus look at Williams. He IS getting better. Billy has been easing him in correctly. But that guy is also an is who he is player right now. Can do incredible things but he's not going to do carry the team.

Also Caruso. He's at his ceiling. This is who he will always be at best. He's a Kirk hinrich. Great player but is he key to the whole thing? Hell no.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Bagels wrote:
should he bench Lavine ?

He's the worst offender by far

Not saying he's Thibs level, but you gotta play the hand you're dealt

What moves would you suggest he make ?

Moreso in game stuff. The second Derozan and Lavine go into hero ball (which is often) sit them on the bench. If for no reason to set an example. You can't continue to allow them to play selfish, losing basketball simply because they are vets or the highest paid players on the team.

2. I would put Lavine on the block and see what you can get for him. At $20 mil per year he was a steal. At $45 per year he is vastly overpaid. Let him become someone else's headache.

3. Fire Billy D. He isn't a "championship" level coach. He defers to his star players too often and his commitment to small ball is a losing strategy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
It just has to be blown up. It's more than Donovan, it's more than Lavine and DeRozan's offense. When they drew this plan up, it had little hope of working. The best I could come up with was that it was interesting. My NBA watching is great teams and coming young teams. If this team wasn't in Chicago I wouldn't ever watch them. If this team was in another city, maybe I turn them on just to take a nap.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:25 pm 

Nardi wrote:
It just has to be blown up. It's more than Donovan, it's more than Lavine and DeRozan's offense. When they drew this plan up, it had little hope of working. The best I could come up with was that it was interesting. My NBA watching is great teams and coming young teams. If this team wasn't in Chicago I wouldn't ever watch them. If this team was in another city, maybe I turn them on just to take a nap.

It wasn't a bad plan actually. They were No 1 in the conference well into the season this time last year. Thus it was hardly a "doomed" plan from the start. That's revisionist.
The problem is that AK stopped tweaking the roster i.e. acquiring more size and failing to obtain a backup point. This team is nowhere near as shitty as the doom and gloom guys on this board would have you thhk. The very same doom and gloom guys that bitched about them even when they were #1 in the conference last year. They can easily be a 2nd round team this season with the right coach. They aren't a title contender however but with the right coach definitely a playoff team.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:27 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

It wasn't a bad plan actually. They were No 1 in the conference well into the season this time last year. Thus it was hardly a "doomed" plan from the start. That's revisionist.
The problem is that AK stopped tweaking the roster i.e. acquiring more size and failing to obtain a backup point. This team is nowhere near as shitty as the doom and gloom guys on this board would have you thhk. The very same doom and gloom guys that bitched about them even when they were #1 in the conference last year. They can easily be a 2nd round team this season with the right coach. They aren't a title contender however but with the right coach definitely a playoff team.

Take off those rose colored glasses.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:32 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Take off those rose colored glasses.

Anyone can be a pessimist. They actually have a good record against the better teams in the league this year. And as previously stated there are no super teams in the NBA anymore. Everyone's beatable

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Do good basketball teams lose to the G-League Nets, who just traded all their players? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Do good basketball teams lose to the G-League Nets, who just traded all their players? Just Asking A Question

Scott Skiles would have a heart attack if a guy played 40 minutes and got 1 rebound and 1 assist.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This team let Ben Simmons (8 points) outpace his scoring average by 28 percent.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:55 am 

Thought Convection Oven Coby's offense was too valuable to trade. Now you can't get a pop up toaster for that bum!
veganfan21 wrote:
What Smith is saying, and I've come to agree, is that White's scoring is too valuable to give away. If DeRozan and Lavine are struggling in the playoffs, for example, having white come in and drop 20 can win you a game. No one else on the bench can do that for you.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:59 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Can't sign Westbrook because "WE" Convection Oven Coby remember?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Caught a minute or two of the game and heard Van Gundy talk about how every shot the Bulls were taking was a hard shot, that happens when you only have 15 assists and space the floor so poorly that you go 5 for 26 from three, this is a team that takes a lot of nights off, and it seems guys like Lavine are fine with that as long as they get their shots.

Wait till next year for the Bulls is really wait till next years tank, not sure why they didn't start the tanking process sooner and at least pick up a few draft picks to start the every three year rebuilt process the Bulls have been on for the past several decades.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:01 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Caught a minute or two of the game and heard Van Gundy talk about how every shot the Bulls were taking was a hard shot, that happens when you only have 15 assists and space the floor so poorly that you go 5 for 26 from three, this is a team that takes a lot of nights off, and it seems guys like Lavine are fine with that as long as they get their shots.

Wait till next year for the Bulls is really wait till next years tank, not sure why they didn't start the tanking process sooner and at least pick up a few draft picks to start the every three year rebuilt process the Bulls have been on for the past several decades.
Because AK believes that its best to have "continuity" right now. I think they really believe that Larcenous Lonzo will be the cure for all that ails them.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:03 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Because AK believes that its best to have "continuity" right now. I think they really believe that Larcenous Lonzo will be the cure for all that ails them.

it is insane to think that right now. no clue how AK can really think that. It is way more likely that Ball never plays again than he comes back and suddenly this team is a contender

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:18 pm 

AK doesn't understand that fans/media actually have access to data and TV. You realize this when he kept repeating the team is disappointing but that Donovan is doing an amazing job. The contradictions he spit out during his recent media appearances are so insulting to people who watch and read everything about the team.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:24 pm 

RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

it is insane to think that right now. no clue how AK can really think that. It is way more likely that Ball never plays again than he comes back and suddenly this team is a contender

I'm inclined to believe that. I never really believed that Ball wanted to have a long or sustained career anyway. From the beginning I always believed that he was all about the "brand" that his father happened to craft for him and his brothers more than anything.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:45 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I'm inclined to believe that. I never really believed that Ball wanted to have a long or sustained career anyway. From the beginning I always believed that he was all about the "brand" that his father happened to craft for him and his brothers more than anything.

That does seem to be the most likely outcome given the lack of any tangible progress, but once you sign a big contract you have generational wealth, so why would you want to come back?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:14 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

That does seem to be the most likely outcome given the lack of any tangible progress, but once you sign a big contract you have generational wealth, so why would you want to come back?

Cuz it's fun, maybe? But I understand. He might want to go to meetings and stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:28 am 

Probably over 70%+ of the players have multi million dollar contracts which amount to some measure of generational wealth. They all play. For claw to be correct all those players would basically fake injuries shortly after signing their deals. That's not happening. Most players are going all out. Ball is genuine. It hurts his brand to be sitting in street clothes. Ben Simmons on the other hand is a thief and a fraud (177.2M guaranteed contract; 37m this year to take 5 shots a game and avoid shooting free throws).

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:46 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Probably over 70%+ of the players have multi million dollar contracts which amount to some measure of generational wealth. They all play. For claw to be correct all those players would basically fake injuries shortly after signing their deals. That's not happening. Most players are going all out. Ball is genuine. It hurts his brand to be sitting in street clothes. Ben Simmons on the other hand is a thief and a fraud (177.2M guaranteed contract; 37m this year to take 5 shots a game and avoid shooting free throws).

Another weak trolling effort. Shocking. Or do you really, really, really, really, really think this is a work of "genius"? Just Asking A Question

Isn’t it fair to question your sanity at this point? Particularly so given the fact that Lonzo the Larcenous has missed 3× as Many games as Ben Simmons over the past 5 years? Just Asking Questions

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:13 am 

There's no trolling here: Simmons is a fraud and a thief. He purposely avoids doing his job because he doesn't want to shoot free throws. And for his troubles teams will have deposited 170M in his bank account. That's the definition of a fraud. Fuck him.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:19 am 

Quote:
Jalen Rose: “Ben Simmons is stealing money, ski mask and gloves,” Rose said, citing the guard having 119 fouls, 113 baskets and shooting 43 percent from the free throw line."

Stephen A Smith: “Ben Simmons, it’s a sad situation,” Smith said. “And I don’t mean this literally, because obviously, he’s not doing it, but one would say, he is stealing money.”

Common Sense: He's a thief

LTG: I would sign him for 300M per day right now.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/21/stephen-a ... from-nets/

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:25 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
There's no trolling here
Then you lack sanity.
veganfan21 wrote:
He purposely avoids doing his job.
Ben Simmons played Thursday. Larcenous Lonzo did not
veganfan21 wrote:
because he doesn't want to shoot free throws.
Seems speculative to me. How about you?
veganfan21 wrote:
And for his troubles teams will have deposited 170M in his bank account.
Which speaks to the type of player that HE WAS!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:26 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
There's no trolling here: Simmons is a fraud and a thief. He purposely avoids doing his job because he doesn't want to shoot free throws. And for his troubles teams will have deposited 170M in his bank account. That's the definition of a fraud. Fuck him.

His intention is not to be a fraud. He has lost his confidence. It's that simple. He either gets it back or he doesn't. If he doesn't, he's a $9-10 mil a year player who can't play in crunch time. I think your intention is to toot your own horn that you were always right about him. I hear you, you were right, now quit chirping about it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:27 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:
Jalen Rose: “Ben Simmons is stealing money, ski mask and gloves,” Rose said, citing the guard having 119 fouls, 113 baskets and shooting 43 percent from the free throw line."

Stephen A Smith: “Ben Simmons, it’s a sad situation,” Smith said. “And I don’t mean this literally, because obviously, he’s not doing it, but one would say, he is stealing money.”

Common Sense: He's a thief

LTG: I would sign him for 300M per day right now.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/21/stephen-a ... from-nets/

Now if "SCREAMING A SMITH says something then it just has to be "true" doesn't it?
Do you realize that you are currently defending the "willingness to play" of a dude that has missed about 70% of his games since he has been in the NBA? Does that sound "logical" or "sane" to you? Just Asking Questions

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:43 am 

Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

His intention is not to be a fraud. He has lost his confidence. It's that simple. He either gets it back or he doesn't. If he doesn't, he's a $9-10 mil a year player who can't play in crunch time. I think your intention is to toot your own horn that you were always right about him. I hear you, you were right, now quit chirping about it.

He only start dissing the dude after the Atlanta series. He really went out on a limb with that one didn't he? He Monday Morning Quarterbacked the issue like he does with everything else around here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:59 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Not really what I meant, but let's take a look at the issue shall we? There is likely a substantial portion of the players that will take advantage of injuries by sitting out as long as they can before being pushed to return, you see this across the board in society, it's basic human nature for some to want to stay out as long as they can while some will come back a bit early and push themselves. When you factor in the Ball family...I guess you would call it life plan, which involves a parent that has voiced repeatedly that he sees this as a business endeavor where his kids are all cogs in the brand he has created, you can easily see that the primary goal was to get the kids into the NBA in the biggest market possible, wins and losses do not really matter, just get the brand out there and make as much money as possible.

That said, you are certainly dealing with an entirely different mindset with the Ball family. Franchise and team success does not matter, it is all about keeping the Ball name on a jersey somewhere for as long as you can.

If you know anything about pro sports, you will see guys making business decisions all the time, giving maybe a half effort, or sitting out until they are forced to make a decision.

There is of course the very real possibility that we have a Tarik Cohen type situation where the injury is far worse than the team/player are willing to admit and may in fact be career threatening, but then again there is absolutely no reason for the player who is getting guaranteed money to come back, in fact why not milk out another year before you reach an injury settlement? It would be stupid not to take advantage of the system.

Surprised you do not know this? Have you never encountered anyone that is on disability, but seems to be totally able to work? Guess you must have a limited sphere of experience?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
If they lose tonight to go 0-3 after the deadline, it's a big FU from the players to the front office.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:23 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Not really what I meant, but let's take a look at the issue shall we? There is likely a substantial portion of the players that will take advantage of injuries by sitting out as long as they can before being pushed to return, you see this across the board in society, it's basic human nature for some to want to stay out as long as they can while some will come back a bit early and push themselves. When you factor in the Ball family...I guess you would call it life plan, which involves a parent that has voiced repeatedly that he sees this as a business endeavor where his kids are all cogs in the brand he has created, you can easily see that the primary goal was to get the kids into the NBA in the biggest market possible, wins and losses do not really matter, just get the brand out there and make as much money as possible.

That said, you are certainly dealing with an entirely different mindset with the Ball family. Franchise and team success does not matter, it is all about keeping the Ball name on a jersey somewhere for as long as you can.

If you know anything about pro sports, you will see guys making business decisions all the time, giving maybe a half effort, or sitting out until they are forced to make a decision.

There is of course the very real possibility that we have a Tarik Cohen type situation where the injury is far worse than the team/player are willing to admit and may in fact be career threatening, but then again there is absolutely no reason for the player who is getting guaranteed money to come back, in fact why not milk out another year before you reach an injury settlement? It would be stupid not to take advantage of the system.

Surprised you do not know this? Have you never encountered anyone that is on disability, but seems to be totally able to work? Guess you must have a limited sphere of experience?

a small tear in his knee hasn't healed in over a year. obvious something worse happened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next