It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Billy D Has To Go!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Caller Bob wrote:
Do rebounds matter or not? You are all over the place on this.

Just Asking A Question

If you play the best rebounder in the league then grabbing them are not a problem. And again you don't care enough about the Bulls to watch the games. So why should your opinion about anything really matter? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:46 pm 

I am not a big fan of Billy D, but you really think he is not able to draw up a out of bounds play? Seems to me the stars on the floor all think they are the man and run the play wrong

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Just Asking A Question

If you play the best rebounder in the league then grabbing them are not a problem. And again you don't care enough about the Bulls to watch the games. So why should your opinion about anything really matter? Just Asking A Question

YOU seem to care alot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:57 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Just Asking A Question

YOU seem to care alot

The question was why should it "matter"? And if you have to keep begging me to respond then isn't it sort of obvious that I really don't "care" much? Just Asking A Question.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I am not a big fan of Billy D, but you really think he is not able to draw up a out of bounds play? Seems to me the stars on the floor all think they are the man and run the play wrong

That might be true but if they don't respect the guy enough to follow the play then what does that say about him? His two "stars" deviate from whatever the "game plan" happens to be game after game because they don't respect the guy. Just watch the 4 quarter of any game and you will see what I mean. You know that the ill advised shots and hero ball is coming each and every game from those 2. Vooch has been their best player for about a month and yet they never give him the ball come 4th quarter. He is the only one of the "big 3" that will consistently try and make the right basketball play. Donovan never penalizes them for freezing him out. That is on him and no one else.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:22 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That might be true but if they don't respect the guy enough to follow the play then what does that say about him? His two "stars" deviate from whatever the "game plan" happens to be game after game because they don't respect the guy. Just watch the 4 quarter of any game and you will see what I mean. You know that the ill advised shots and hero ball is coming each and every game from those 2. Vooch has been their best player for about a month and yet they never give him the ball come 4th quarter. He is the only one of the "big 3" that will consistently try and make the right basketball play. Donovan never penalizes them for freezing him out. That is on him and no one else.

That is true. I think he is a better college coach and will be back doing that at some point

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:34 am 

3min left in the 4th qtr- bulls up by 7 i think and got the ball. As lavine was walking up the court, billy screams "OK GUYS RUN A SET. DO NOT GO ISO".

Lavine immediately proceeds to dribble crossover and drive to the hoop without looking at anyone.

so clearly, either billy has no balls to sit star players, or isn't allowed to and they know it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:38 am 

RFDC wrote:

this is exactly what is happening. stacey talked about it in depth last night. "look at charlotte, they are a team. they play as a team. they run plays for eachother every night. they do not care who scores. it's never about stats." he was calling out the bulls starters HARD. he even signed a fucking poster for a hornet dunk!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:45 am 

Levine is this era's Reggie Theus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
good dolphin wrote:
Levine is this era's Reggie Theus

I was a very young dude, but it seems Reggie had a lot more swag than Levine who looks like a pouty bitch when he doesn't get the ball as much as he wants.

There is always a key possession, usually when the Bulls have come back to within a few buckets, or when they have built a 5-7 point lead, where Levine will either hoist up a terrible shot or dribble out the shot clock, his "what about me" shots severely limit the success of the team.

He is a proven commodity, you get scoring and that's it, he will not modify or play a more team oriented game, at least as long as he is in Chicago, maybe if he goes elsewhere and is just a guy on a team with strong coaching and leadership the team will win, but he isn't winning anything here in Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:57 am 

lavine with a great game last night. actually looked healthy. you can even see the bags under his eyes dont look like death.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Didn't watch but 70 points in the 2nd half and a must win game is to say the least, unusual for this bunch.

Trade deadline this week and I have no clue what they are going to do.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:02 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Didn't watch but 70 points in the 2nd half and a must win game is to say the least, unusual for this bunch.

Ball movement was great for a change. I think they had 35+ Assists last night. Wonder if they will keep it up. Doubt it. Lavine and Derozan won't allow it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:03 pm 

theyre all saying the right things. they showed the right things last night. just gotta keep doing it now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:00 pm 

Nardi wrote:

They better blow it the fuck up

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I can see them letting it ride for the remainder, without what they consider a good offer. Problem is, even with a decent run, they are fool's gold and everybody knows it, offers won't get better in the off season, and Vucevic is a FA. They gonna give him $30 mil?

They should cut their losses before it gets worse and start looking for a coach.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:00 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

This is the primary reason that the team has been mired in mediocrity all season. And this falls squarely on the shoulders of Billy Donovan.
Quote:
One of Chicago's biggest issues on offense is the team is not creating shots for each other as much as it did last season. According to Second Spectrum, 14.4% of the Bulls' passes have led to an assist opportunity, the third-lowest rate in the league. That percentage drops further when DeRozan, LaVine and Vucevic are on the court together.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:49 pm 

Donavan has been fucking saying it. You think he doesn't know he should be punishing these guys? Clearly he's being forced to play them. It's either in their contracts or garpax is still pulling strings.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
he really does need to go . He's lost the locker room

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:22 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
Donavan has been fucking saying it. You think he doesn't know he should be punishing these guys? Clearly he's being forced to play them. It's either in their contracts or garpax is still pulling strings.

I don't care about him "winning the postgame presser". That is for the Bernstein's of the world to "dissect". His actual in game coaching sucks. Their record in close games suck. All of the "blown leads" this season suck. His adherence to playing collegiate sized lineups suck. All of that is on him and no one else.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:29 am 

Bagels wrote:
he really does need to go . He's lost the locker room

New paper, he aint going anywhere

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:49 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I can see them letting it ride for the remainder, without what they consider a good offer. Problem is, even with a decent run, they are fool's gold and everybody knows it, offers won't get better in the off season, and Vucevic is a FA. They gonna give him $30 mil?

They should cut their losses before it gets worse and start looking for a coach.

I don't have a problem with most of the roster. Their top guys are the ones not getting it done. It's time to make a move on vuch, lavine and derozen.

That said, if they keep vuch that's fine. He's been much better this year. But that aligns with him only trying when he wants a new contract so whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Their top three guys are all offense and no defense, yet the offense is ranked 24th.

Max Lavine essentially threw Donovan under the bus with his comments yesterday (“we don’t have an identity, we changed the offense” etc).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:34 am 

Starts 4 guards once again. This time including Ayo, who isn't even having a good year. As long as this dude is the coach they will not be particularly good.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
The Missing Link wrote:
Jazz, Blazers, Thunder, Pacers, Wizards, Knicks, Kings, All have worse rosters yet have a better record than the Bulls. Whack this dude and fast!

Yep!

Quote:
Chicago Bulls head coach Billy Donovan will not like these odds. According to Betonline, Donovan is the favorite to be the first coach fired during the 2023-24 NBA season. Donovan's odds currently sit at +400, narrowly in front of Steve Clifford (+500) of the Charlotte Hornets. Chris Finch (+600) of the Minnesota Timberwolves, Jason Kidd (+700) of the Dallas Mavericks, and Wes Unseld Jr. (+800) of the Washington Wizards round out the top five