It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Billy D Has To Go!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Jazz, Blazers, Thunder, Pacers, Wizards, Knicks, Kings, All have worse rosters yet have a better record than the Bulls. Whack this dude and fast!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Post subject: Re: Billy D Has To Go!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:27 am 

No

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:26 pm 

The lack of consistency says a lot. He should have been gone yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
This roster isn't winning anything. Isn't that the gm too?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:44 pm 

billypootons wrote:
This roster isn't winning anything. Isn't that the gm too?

Their record should still be much better though. If you give him a better roster (like he had that first year in OKC) he will still find a way to screw it up. This roster is much better than their record indicates. Even if they aren't "championship material" (Who is in today's NBA?) they are still better than 11th or 12th place in the conference.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:45 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Just look at all of the bottom feeding teams that they have lost to this year. All of the close game losses too. He doesn't have it as a coach.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
AK just signed Donovan to an extension at the beginning of this season. It doesn't seem like Billy's going anywhere. Neither are the Bulls.

When AK was hired, the sports media emphasized his expertise in player development. Have the team's younger players significantly improved during his tenure?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:25 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
AK just signed Donovan to an extension at the beginning of this season. It doesn't seem like Billy's going anywhere. Neither are the Bulls.

When AK was hired, the sports media emphasized his expertise in player development. Have the team's younger players significantly improved during his tenure?

Nope. Dalen Terry doesn't play at all. Williams should be further along. Ayo was better as a rookie than he is this year. Coby White still sucks. Not to mention the fact that someone in the organization (likely Billy D) believed that it was a great idea to have journeyman of the future Javonte Green compete with Patrick Williams for a starting spot. Something which stunted the kid's development and hurt his trade value.

If they were all about development then Patrick Williams would have been a focal point of the offense from day 1 rookie year. Like most top 5 picks are.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Missing Link wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Nope. Dalen Terry doesn't play at all. Williams should be further along. Ayo was better as a rookie than he is this year. Coby White still sucks. Not to mention the fact that someone in the organization (likely Billy D) believed that it was a great idea to have journeyman of the future Javonte Green compete with Patrick Williams for a starting spot. Something which stunted the kid's development and hurt his trade value.

If they were all about development then Patrick Williams would have been a focal point of the offense from day 1 rookie year. Like most top 5 picks are.

I agree with your analysis, especially the last point about Williams. It makes me think that Reinsdorf either imposed a "win now" mandate on AK OR AK BS'ed his way through the interview process with Reinsdorf. I think the former is more likely than the latter.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:40 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I agree with your analysis, especially the last point about Williams. It makes me think that Reinsdorf either imposed a "win now" mandate on AK OR AK BS'ed his way through the interview process with Reinsdorf. I think the former is more likely than the latter.

I agree. They'd had 5 or 6 straight years of shitty seasons and they needed something to sell to their waning fanbase.Crazy part is that AK really wasn't that far off from making it REALLY interesting in this age of the very good. Keep Markannen and trade or sign Brunson instead of Ball and this team would be the best team in the East. That's how close they were.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The Missing Link wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Just look at all of the bottom feeding teams that they have lost to this year. All of the close game losses too. He doesn't have it as a coach.

But also look at the wins they've had over good teams his year (almost the exact opposite of last year, where they couldn't beat a winning team to save their life). I suppose one could be optimistic in that, but I am also not a Donovan fan.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Bulls are in NBA hell, not bad enough to get franchise altering top pick, and not good enough to win anything.

Hawks and Bears were in similar situations and went into total tank mode, Bulls are similar to Bears where they have a few trade chips they could move.

Odd watching the Bulls, so many offensive sets where the ball just stalls, odd in today's NBA where teams are flipping the ball around looking for open three point shots.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:13 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Bulls are in NBA hell, not bad enough to get franchise altering top pick, and not good enough to win anything.

Hawks and Bears were in similar situations and went into total tank mode, Bulls are similar to Bears where they have a few trade chips they could move.

Odd watching the Bulls, so many offensive sets where the ball just stalls, odd in today's NBA where teams are flipping the ball around looking for open three point shots.

People said the exact same thing about the Boston Celtics last season only to be proven incorrect. In todays" "parity" driven NBA all you have to be is good- very good in order to be a contender. There isn't 1 great team in NBA today.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Clawmaster wrote:

It's not a typical NBA offense due to their best player. It COULD be a typical NBA offense if their best player was used as a bail out until crunch time.

Hence the conundrum. EVEN if you can get that conundrum workable, you still have no PG, no rim protector, no back line defense, a coach who won't develop his 1st round pick.

It's bad. It's a team completely unable to compete in a playoff series. And I don't care if they've swept the Celtics during the regular season.They just get dinged too much in the basics of the game. All the nickel and diming done to them in 40 minutes leaves them no wiggle room in the final stretch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:03 pm 

They're missing a leader on the court. It's not like we have no talent. Lavine is not a king.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:04 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
They're missing a leader on the court. It's not like we have no talent. Lavine is not a king.

Aging talent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:49 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

It's not a typical NBA offense due to their best player. It COULD be a typical NBA offense if their best player was used as a bail out until crunch time.

Hence the conundrum. EVEN if you can get that conundrum workable, you still have no PG, no rim protector, no back line defense, a coach who won't develop his 1st round pick.

It's bad. It's a team completely unable to compete in a playoff series. And I don't care if they've swept the Celtics during the regular season.They just get dinged too much in the basics of the game. All the nickel and diming done to them in 40 minutes leaves them no wiggle room in the final stretch.

Every team in the league has flaws. And the problems the Bulls have are not MAJOR problems actually. Their biggest problem is Billy Donovan.

I watched the guy from Orlando bench his entire starting lineup because they sleep walked through last night's game. When has Billy D ever did that? The one time he tried to bench Lavine he whined and that was it
for that
Lavine and Derozan were on the verge of blowing last night's game with their hero ball style of play late.
The reason that they continue to do this is because they know that Donovan will never hold them accountable for it. Top line NBA coaches would however. Do you think they'd dare pull that bullshit with Pop or Spoelstra? Hell nah they wouldn't. Doc Rivers or Monty Williams either. They'd bench the shit out of them and fast too.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:52 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

But also look at the wins they've had over good teams his year (almost the exact opposite of last year, where they couldn't beat a winning team to save their life). I suppose one could be optimistic in that, but I am also not a Donovan fan.

That is what has me convinced that they are better than their record indicates. There is no way they beat the number of teams that actually have something to play for as much as they have unless they some good talent on the roster.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Teams with athletic wing players slash the Bulls D to death, no rim protectors on the team.

Levine sometimes will rotate and play D, but only if he is not pouting about getting the ball, he could get 6 to 10 assists easily each night by dishing the ball off as the D collapses on him when he drives the lane, but the spacing is always off because they don't have three point shooters. You watch other and they all have guys at the three point line waiting for open looks, Bulls try this with Williams early in games, but it seems he would be better closer to the rim for rebounds and put backs. This must be a Billy D thing because almost every other team in the league stacks their roster with shooters, but the Bulls are stuck in the DeRozan/Levine my turn offense where Vuke could get 20 in the first quarter, but they don't give him the ball the rest of the game because they want to get their shots, they will never win anything with this current roster.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:07 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Teams with athletic wing players slash the Bulls D to death, no rim protectors on the team.

Levine sometimes will rotate and play D, but only if he is not pouting about getting the ball, he could get 6 to 10 assists easily each night by dishing the ball off as the D collapses on him when he drives the lane, but the spacing is always off because they don't have three point shooters. You watch other and they all have guys at the three point line waiting for open looks, Bulls try this with Williams early in games, but it seems he would be better closer to the rim for rebounds and put backs. This must be a Billy D thing because almost every other team in the league stacks their roster with shooters, but the Bulls are stuck in the DeRozan/Levine my turn offense where Vuke could get 20 in the first quarter, but they don't give him the ball the rest of the game because they want to get their shots, they will never win anything with this current roster.

But again it comes down to coaching. Derozan avg 7 assists per game with S A. the season before he was traded to the Bulls. Why isn't he being used more as a point forward (with a point guard challenged roster) instead of a poor man's Adrian Dantley? Just Asking A Question

2. The "must make 3's" is a bit of a misnomer as some of the best teams in the league are not among the better 3 point squads in the league.

3. While I agree about the lack of rim protection on the roster, I doubt seriously that Billy D would play the guys even if there was rim protection on the squad. He seems hellbent on recreating his 1987 Providence Final Four team (where they started 4 guards I believe) at the NBA level.

4. A better, more authoritative coach easily reins in the Iso centric ball of Derozan and Lavine. Just as Udoka did with Tatum and Brown last season. Donovan cannot or will not.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:20 am 

And I'm not a "championship or bust" kind of gut anyway. Even if this isn't a "championship caliber" roster (whatever that means) this is still a team that should better than it is currently. The reason they aren't is mostly due to the ineptitude of Billy D as a coach.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
i agree the Bulls should be better W/L-wise, but I think the bigger question hanging over this team - like other people have pointed out - is why continue to move forward with this roster anyway, they have obvious limitations even if playing optimally and the team is not winning a ring anytime soon. I think the red carpet grace period for the GM/VP is over - yeah, you had us wrapped around your finger when you added some pieces to get us out of the basement and into the playoffs, but now that some time has passed and we're seeing the team for what it is (slightly above average at best), the next question is what are you going to do to move from pretender to contender. Sticking with the status quo doesn't do it.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:43 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
i agree the Bulls should be better W/L-wise, but I think the bigger question hanging over this team - like other people have pointed out - is why continue to move forward with this roster anyway, they have obvious limitations even if playing optimally and the team is not winning a ring anytime soon. I think the red carpet grace period for the GM/VP is over - yeah, you had us wrapped around your finger when you added some pieces to get us out of the basement and into the playoffs, but now that some time has passed and we're seeing the team for what it is (slightly above average at best), the next question is what are you going to do to move from pretender to contender. Sticking with the status quo doesn't do it.

Because there is no guarantee that blowing it up and starting over is going to do it either. What does a "rebuilding of the roster" do anyway? 5-6 more years of losing at minimum?

As I keep stating, there are no dominant NBA teams anymore. Anyone that tells you that there is is lying. No one knows for sure what the NBA Finals will look like even if key guys are all playing. That's how much "parity" there is currently. "Blowing it up" just for the sake of blowing it up is what Krause did post Jordan era and you see where that got us.
The problem with "blowing it up" just for the sake of blowing it up is that you really really have no idea of what it's going to look like after you "blow it up".
And newsflash to those who think free agency is the way to go once you do the sell off. No top tier free agents are going to sign in order to play with bums.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:37 pm 

Once again the 3 NBA players on the Broadcast and Post Game claim that the best way to win is for the offense to run through Vooch. Why can't Billy D see this? Once again the 2 Ball Stoppers cost them the game. And they will do it MANY more times before the season is over because Billy D will do nothing to stop them.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:26 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Once again the 3 NBA players on the Broadcast and Post Game claim that the best way to win is for the offense to run through Vooch. Why can't Billy D see this? Once again the 2 Ball Stoppers cost them the game. And they will do it MANY more times before the season is over because Billy D will do nothing to stop them.

They nickeled and dimed their way to another loss. They had a 19 pt lead and some fucker with no consonants came in, had putbacks, cleared glass and 4 minutes later the lead was gone. 20 turnovers these bums had.

THEY(the entire collective)BLOW!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:35 am 

Fifth game blowing at least a 15 point lead so far this season. Go to Texas and embarrass yourself and grab the oil money. Just go.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:24 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

They nickeled and dimed their way to another loss. They had a 19 pt lead and some fucker with no consonants came in, had putbacks, cleared glass and 4 minutes later the lead was gone. 20 turnovers these bums had.

THEY(the entire collective)BLOW!

Start with Billy D and work our way up. This team is much better than what he is providing as a coach. He sucks. This is at least the 5th time that he has been able to draw up a simple out of bounds play at the end of the game.

And he doesn't even have the stones to rein in 2 C rate stars who fallaciously believe that they are the equivalent of KD and Kyrie. Get rid of dude and fast.

And the reason that they keep getting murdered on the glass is because he refuses to play the best rebounder on the roster in Andre Drummond. He'd rather play a damn SF at the five spot game after game instead

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
It would help if the Power(less) Forward could grab more than 4 rebounds a game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:34 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
It would help if the Power(less) Forward could grab more than 4 rebounds a game.

PF isn't his "natural position" either. But the PAW is hardly considered by anyone to be a "problem" at this point. But then again you wouldn't know since you never watch the games. To busy "dissecting" the travails of the Bears and the troubles that they have in filling the "all important" 3rd string right guard position to even notice. :oops: :oops: :oops: Or arguing with TEE TIME about mundane things such as why in the hell did the Sox sign Clevinger? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Do rebounds matter or not? You are all over the place on this.

Just Asking A Question