It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bulls Offseason Needs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Hopefully they get Lucky in the draft lottery so that they can keep the pick. Gotta trade Derozan while he still has value as well. And add more size to the roster. No more of this small ball college crap either.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Blow it all up

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I wish Lavine had value. That guy steals money.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:49 pm 

They’re so far from a competitive team it’s depressing. They need to tear down, get lucky in the draft, sign some guys here & there…we’re several years away from finding out if the next rebuild is any better than this version.

This team sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:52 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Lavine balled out the 2nd half of the season but he is woefully miscast as a number 1 option or max contract guy. That's the problem

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:54 pm 

They need to fire Billy Donovan too. He needs to be part of any "rebuild' that they might be considering too.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:54 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

Lavine balled out the 2nd half of the season but he is woefully miscast as a number 1 option or max contract guy. That's the problem

Exactly. You can’t max a guy who can’t carry a team.

For all the other bad contracts, that’s the one that’ll kill you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:57 pm 

Billy Donovan left OKC because he didn't want to be part of any "rebuild" yet OKC has the exact record with a far inferior roster. And might make the playoffs in a year they were supposedly rebuilding. Dude blows.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:57 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
They need to fire Billy Donovan too. He needs to be part of any "rebuild' that they might be considering too.

I don’t know how you’d bring him back. They’ve shown nothing and have gotten worse during his tenure.

He got lucky with Derozen’s first half last year, otherwise they’re a fringe playoff team despite his GM selling the future for a tall Serb who’s mostly sucked since arriving here.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
They flat out wasted two years, extended a bad coach, blew opportunities at the deadline that will never materialize in the off season.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:00 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

I don’t know how you’d bring him back. They’ve shown nothing and have gotten worse during his tenure.

He got lucky with Derozen’s first half last year, otherwise they’re a fringe playoff team despite his GM selling the future for a tall Serb who’s mostly sucked since arriving here.

I think he has 4 years left on his deal after the secret extension they signed him to. I was rocking with AK but he might need to go on the clock too. He has made some terrible moves.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:05 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I think he has 4 years left on his deal after the secret extension they signed him too. I was rocking with AK but he might need to go on the clock too. He has made some terrible moves.

That was bullshit too. There’s no such thing as a secret extension for a guy who’s earned it. They kept it hush-hush for a reason.

This team is extremely unlikeable right now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:56 am 
1000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Hopefully they get Lucky in the draft lottery so that they can keep the pick. Gotta trade Derozan while he still has value as well. And add more size to the roster. No more of this small ball college crap either.

They have no cap space, no 1st round draft picks...it seems to me they are more likely to bring back most of this current roster than blow it up, which is probably what they should have been doing at the last trading deadline. It seems unrealistic to expect Lonzo Ball to come back in any meaningful form and they probably can only sign cast-off types.

It's just hard to see the Bulls going into a full rebuild rather than bring back the current roster with small tweaks.

Saying that, this team is likely to be, at best, a .500 type of team, and probably worse.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:11 am 

BD wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

They have no cap space, no 1st round draft picks...it seems to me they are more likely to bring back most of this current roster than blow it up, which is probably what they should have been doing at the last trading deadline. It seems unrealistic to expect Lonzo Ball to come back in any meaningful form and they probably can only sign cast-off types.

It's just hard to see the Bulls going into a full rebuild rather than bring back the current roster with small tweaks.

Saying that, this team is likely to be, at best, a .500 type of team, and probably worse.

Their only shot is to have Patrick Williams develop into that guy. It won't happen with Billy D as coach or as long as Derozen's around. They have to make this kid no less than the 2nd option starting as early as next season but that would require Billy D changing how he coaches the veterans on the team first. He has to coach as opposed to cater to them and I don't think he has it in him to do so.

It's interesting that Vuc said that there are some things that have to change around there yesterday. I'm sure he was talking about the way the offense is structured. You cannot continue to structure everything you do offensively solely around Demar and Zach and expect to be that good of a team.

They had the 24th ranked offense with their 3 best players being mostly offensive minded as players. If that doesn't demonstrate just how much of a change is required then nothing else will.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
BD wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Their only shot is to have Patrick Williams develop into that guy. It won't happen with Billy D as coach or as long as Derozen's around. They have to make this kid no less than the 2nd option starting as early as next season but that would require Billy D changing how he coaches the veterans on the team first. He has to coach as opposed to cater to them and I don't think he has it in him to do so.

It's interesting that Vuc said that there are some things that have to change around there yesterday. I'm sure he was talking about the way the offense is structured. You cannot continue to structure everything you do offensively solely around Demar and Zach and expect to be that good of a team.

They had the 24th ranked offense with their 3 best players being mostly offensive minded as players. If that doesn't demonstrate just how much of a change is required then nothing else will.

Williams is not going to be the guy. He's a rotational player, and did improve, but there's no evidence to suggest that he'll be anything more than that. I do think they have to exhaust every opportunity for him to become more important considering that they are stuck on how else they will be able to improve.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:18 pm 

BD wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
BD wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Williams is not going to be the guy. He's a rotational player, and did improve, but there's no evidence to suggest that he'll be anything more than that. I do think they have to exhaust every opportunity for him to become more important considering that they are stuck on how else they will be able to improve.

To date they have not done this though. They should have featured him as no less than a second option long before this. If he didn't have it then that would have become apparent. Instead Donovan has played mind games and stunted the kid's development. Even alleged Bulls mouthpiece Sam Smith (my guy) stated that the 3 spot should be freed up with this kid being allowed to play his natural position. If he doesn't have it then he doesn't have it. To date there is absolutely nothing other than flawed coach's assessment that he doesn't for me. Need a little bit more than that to go off of.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Bulls just need to clear cap space for when Embiid asks out of Philly and Luka demands the Mavs trade him this Summer. Maybe add Dame as well to round out the Bulls championship Big Three.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Bulls just need to clear cap space for when Embiid asks out of Philly and Luka demands the Mavs trade him this Summer. Maybe add Dame as well to round out the Bulls championship Big Three.

Is there any scenario where the Bulls could make a compelling offer for Luka?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Why make it compelling? Lets get the slam dunk champion back too and get rid of Lonzo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
1.8% chance of getting the #1 pick!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Jaw Breaker wrote:
1.8% chance of getting the #1 pick!

Only had 1.7% chance for Rose!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:53 pm 

BD wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Bulls are in the Eastern Conference? Hmmm, maybe if the Bulls land the 1st or 2nd pick in this draft they could package it + Zach LaVine for Luka. And Zach would mostly be to make the trade work in terms of salary.

If you got the 1st or 2nd overall in this draft and Mark Cuban or whomever his GM is called and offered Luka for the pick....?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
BD wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Even if the Mavs were to offer Luka for Alex Caruso AK would turn it down because he wants to use 28 games to assess what he's got in Caruso.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:02 pm 

Hussra wrote:
BD wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Bulls are in the Eastern Conference? Hmmm, maybe if the Bulls land the 1st or 2nd pick in this draft they could package it + Zach LaVine for Luka. And Zach would mostly be to make the trade work in terms of salary.

If you got the 1st or 2nd overall in this draft and Mark Cuban or whomever his GM is called and offered Luka for the pick....?

It’d be fun to have Wembanyama on your team and pretend he’s not going to be injured most of his career.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
veganfan21 wrote:
BD wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Even if the Mavs were to offer Luka for Alex Caruso AK would turn it down because he wants to use 28 games to assess what he's got in Caruso.

What if they wanted the PAW?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:19 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
What if they wanted the PAW?

That would be an easy pass for me!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:00 pm 

the one thing that still doesnt make sense to me is all of the locker room talk not matching the court effort. the sluggish starts and late game iso's were constantly brought up in post game interviews and donovan was the most vocal about it. yet it continued to happen. was donovan being pressured to play guys he didn't want to? the mavericks just got fined for sitting players. it makes sense to me the bulls were under the same pressure and why you wouldn't hear about it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:29 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
the one thing that still doesnt make sense to me is all of the locker room talk not matching the court effort. the sluggish starts and late game iso's were constantly brought up in post game interviews and donovan was the most vocal about it. yet it continued to happen. was donovan being pressured to play guys he didn't want to? the mavericks just got fined for sitting players. it makes sense to me the bulls were under the same pressure and why you wouldn't hear about it.

Nah I just think that he is smart about 2 things. 1. How to work the media. and 2. How to be "player's friendly" coach when it comes to his star players. He has figured out that the best way to keep a job is to coddle and not coach your best players. He did the same thing in OKC with Westbrook. Let him do whatever he wanted regardless of whether it benefits the team or not. Don't run afoul of your best players and it will be difficult to be fired. He benched Lavine during the 4th quarter of an early season game. Lavine cried foul about it and he never benched him again like that. He works the media during those press conferences. Says all the right things about "ball movement" and playing the right way and then as soon as the game starts they revert back to the same selfish patterns with Derozan and Lavine and he does nothing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:15 am 

isn't it the HC's job to get the players to buy-in to what the coaching staff is trying to do? I don't think you can be Scott Skiles anymore and browbeat players into submission.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:22 am 

Hussra wrote:

isn't it the HC's job to get the players to buy-in to what the coaching staff is trying to do? I don't think you can be Scott Skiles anymore and browbeat players into submission.

He can bench them for the betterment of the team however. There are still a few ass kicking coaches in the NBA currently. Pop still does it. Udoka did it with Boston as rookie coach last season. Thibs is a bit of a hard ass. Probably a few others I can't think of right now. I think Donovan doesn't do it because he knows if he runs afoul of them that would be fired. Problem is that neither Lavine or Derozan are good enough to get a coach fired. Thus it should be easier to get them to play the way that you want them to play.

Billy D stands up there game after game pontificating about how he wants them to play and then the game starts and they revert back to the same style of play that costs them in most close games game after game. To me that is on him as the coach.

Frank Coztansa wrote: