It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I knew the NBA league pass app had every Finals game the last 30 years (they should restore and make access to more) but I didn't realize if you toggle all the way down, each team has their own classic games archive. The Bulls only have one pre-1990 game and it's this one. Holy hell, could Jerry Sloan and Norm Van Lier get up and down the court. Van Lier couldn't miss in this game -- unfortunately he committed 3 fouls in the first six minutes of the 1st quarter so he wouldn't come back until the 2nd half. Boneheaded move by Dick Motta to keep him in there after committing his 2nd foul.

I had no idea the Bulls were ever in the Western Conference. This group of Bulls players seemed like a lot of fun to root for each night -- reminded me of the Hinrich, Deng, Nocioni, Noah, Gibson, Ronnie Brewer teams in a way. It was also cool to see Wilt effortlessly grab 26 boards in what would be his final season. It took a quick Google search to read that Chamberlain wrote in his autobiography that he believed the Bulls deserved to win the series.

Last edited by Ron Wolfley on Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:56 am 

48 minutes of intensity. I was at this game when I was 46 years old

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Ron Wolfley wrote:
I knew the NBA league pass app had every Finals game the last 30 years (they should restore and make access to more) but I didn't realize if you toggle all the way down, each team has their own classic games archive. The Bulls only have one pre-1990 game and it's this one. Holy hell, could Jerry Sloan and Norm Van Lier get up and down the court. Van Lier couldn't miss in this game -- unfortunately he committed 3 fouls in the first six minutes of the 1st quarter so he wouldn't come back until the 2nd half. Boneheaded move by Dick Motta to keep him in there after committing his 2nd foul.

I had no idea the Bulls were ever in the Western Conference. This group of Bulls players seemed like a lot of fun to root for each night -- reminded me of the Hinrich, Deng, Nocioni, Noah, Gibson, Ronnie Brewer teams in a way. It was also cool to see Wilt effortlessly grab 26 boards in what would be his final season. It took a quick Google search to read that Chamberlain wrote in his autobiography that he believed the Bulls deserved to win the series.

I despised Jerry West. Fucker didn't even sweat.

It was the 74-75 team that was a heartbreaker. Brought in Nate Thurmond to join the core of Stormin, Butter, Jet, and Sloan. Lost to the the champs Golden State in 7 in conference finals. It was the closest they ever got.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
IkeSouth wrote:
48 minutes of intensity. I was at this game when I was 46 years old

I was there when I was 19, which would make me 69 now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:39 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Nardi wrote:
It was the 74-75 team that was a heartbreaker. Brought in Nate Thurmond to join the core of Stormin, Butter, Jet, and Sloan. Lost to the the champs Golden State in 7 in conference finals. It was the closest they ever got.

I had a suite at the UC one night with a bunch of my family. The Bulls sucked at the time so it was fairly inexpensive.

All of a sudden, Butterbean walks in and starts to greet everyone. I thought, this is cool. I had gotten suites before and this didn't happen. My oldest brother was very impressed.

Found out later he went into the wrong suite and it was a special add-on cost if you requested but we got a Butterbean appearance for free.