It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bulls 2023-24
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
What young guys. They have no homegrown talent outside of white.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
veganfan21 wrote:

You don't follow the team or the NBA obviously so you wouldn't know what they have. Your basketball "viewing" consists of chasing King James and his "greatness" around on message boards. They Traded Markannen, The draft rights to Franz Wagner, (helluva player by the way) Wendell Carter (solid pro) and a top 10 pick this year because they wanted to "win now" or "be competitive". They also held on to a player (Zach Lavine) that should have been moved 2-3 years ago when he had value. Instead they did what everyone wanted them to do and that was "go for it", or "put a winning product on the floor as quickly as possible. They also screwed up the Paw and his development with all of their "win now" bullshit too. So now you get what you get.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:26 pm 

they limited his minutes and brought him up as slow as possible. any lack of development of paw is on him alone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
sooo, nothing whatsoever at the trade deadline. sounds about right.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:34 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You don't follow the team or the NBA obviously so you wouldn't know what they have. Your basketball "viewing" consists of chasing King James and his "greatness" around on message boards. They Traded Markannen, The draft rights to Franz Wagner, (helluva player by the way) Wendell Carter (solid pro) and a top 10 pick this year because they wanted to "win now" or "be competitive". They also held on to a player (Zach Lavine) that should have been moved 2-3 years ago when he had value. Instead they did what everyone wanted them to do and that was "go for it", or "put a winning product on the floor as quickly as possible. They also screwed up the Paw and his development with all of their "win now" bullshit too. So now you get what you get.

You're totally wrong but that's not surprising. I am not an advocate for purchasing second tier talent like Vuc at the expense of lottery picks. They're clearly trying to scrub from memory the embarrassing Boylen and Hoiberg years (two guys you supported) by fielding a 500 team that's just good enough to back into a play in game. This is what you support, not me.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Bagels wrote:
sooo, nothing whatsoever at the trade deadline. sounds about right.

Has a Max Player ever had lower value this early into the contract than LaVine? It's the NBA, so there are probably comps, but he is positively toxic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:05 pm 

Plenty of players, jaw. Just look up the mid 2000s rosters of the Knicks to start with when they were run by Isaiah Thomas. He was handing out big money to every middling player he saw. To fund all those big money contracts he cut investments in the end of game handshake line.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
veganfan21 wrote:

:lol: Other than Bulls fans are idiots, that is some fairy tale. Just about every sentence is revisionism or outright false. I guess we could have waited around for Lauri to have an epiphany, but they traded him, just like you wanted another epiphanist traded, Coby. Except I wouldn't throw it in your face because 'shit happens'. This one came out of the blue: The Vuk trade. Had no idea you were so against it until this very second. I'm glad you travelled to the parallel universe where the Bulls drafted Wagner and Wendell Carter is a solid pro(or in this universe, a dime a dozen).

By the way, since you've been to that other universe, Is PAW a dog over there or is he still a giant pussy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:48 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You're totally wrong but that's not surprising. I am not an advocate for purchasing second tier talent like Vuc at the expense of lottery picks. They're clearly trying to scrub from memory the embarrassing Boylen and Hoiberg years (two guys you supported) by fielding a 500 team that's just good enough to back into a play in game. This is what you support, not me.

No You're the dude who thinks the entire NBA owes its career to LeBron James. Thus the only way for the team to be good would have been to acquire LeBron James. AK made the team better. His biggest mistake was acquiring Lonzo Ball. His 2nd biggest mistake was hiring Billy Donovan as a coach. 3rd biggest mistake was trading Lauri Markannen for a bag of balls. Even with that those 3 mistake the team still improved

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
AK hasn't made a deal in 30 months. This team's ceiling is a play in win. It's criminal how awful he and Michael Reinsdorf are.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:19 am 

the ancillary parasites are getting annoyed too. kc johnson said it was surprising they didnt make a move. stacey and adamin lavine said they got about 20 games to make a big statement or they should blow the team up. the players must be getting paid enough because they seem to think theyre doing great. billy gave more canned statements.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:20 am 

Nas wrote:
AK hasn't made a deal in 30 months. This team's ceiling is a play in win. It's criminal how awful he and Michael Reinsdorf are.

It doesn't matter what deal he makes as long as Billy Donovan is still the coach.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:

I didn't think they could do worse than GarPax. Mission Accomplished.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

I didn't think they could do worse than GarPax. Mission Accomplished.

I think it's unfair to include Pax. He has a great record as GM.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

It doesn't matter what deal he makes as long as Billy Donovan is still the coach.

Billy D has proven to be incompetent, but AK is several notches worse.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Billy D has proven to be incompetent, but AK is several notches worse.

I think that Billy D's fingerprints are on that roster a helluva lot more than people realize.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:59 pm 

The NBA is so talented that I can't make it through one quarter of a college game. I'm just used to the unbelievable skills the pros have and when I watch mere mortals, I roll my eyes and tune out.

I think that's part of the problem. Bulls fans keep showing up because they live in a vacuum and they like their guys. Other than Vuk and Lavine, I like our guys too. But it's because of the fan in me that I do. I watch other NBA games and teams and they're just better, sometimes much better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:24 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The NBA is so talented that I can't make it through one quarter of a college game. I'm just used to the unbelievable skills the pros have and when I watch mere mortals, I roll my eyes and tune out.

I think that's part of the problem. Bulls fans keep showing up because they live in a vacuum and they like their guys. Other than Vuk and Lavine, I like our guys too. But it's because of the fan in me that I do. I watch other NBA games and teams and they're just better, sometimes much better.

Bulls are 4th or 5th best in terms of talent in the conference at full strength. Donovan just sucks as a coach

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:23 pm 

I can't watch college either.

But I can watch the bulls. The games haven't been blowouts. Were a couple players away from being a playoff lock. It's NBA hell, it sucks, but it's not lack of effort or horrible roster choices.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
IkeSouth wrote:

But I can watch the bulls. The games haven't been blowouts. Were a couple players away from being a playoff lock. It's NBA hell, it sucks, but it's not lack of effort or horrible roster choices.

the roster sucks ass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:55 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:

The Bulls worst problem is the coach.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:56 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Bulls are 4th or 5th best in terms of talent in the conference at full strength. Donovan just sucks as a coach

Now there's a discussion. Talent that is, not Donovan.

Off the top of my head more talent:
Boston
Cleveland
Milwaukee
Philadelphia
Indiana
Orlando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:

The Bulls worst problem is the coach.

It's clearly talent. They don't have a star player. They don't even have an all star. Their best player is a 3rd or 4th option on a winning team.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:00 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Now there's a discussion. Talent that is, not Donovan.

Off the top of my head more talent:
Boston
Cleveland
Milwaukee
Philadelphia
Indiana
Orlando

Philadelphia isn't more talented than the Bulls at full strength. Neither is Indiana. Orlando might be however

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:35 pm 

Bagels wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

the roster sucks ass

Your eyes are covered in male feces

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:31 am 

I love now LTG keeps introducing LeBron into the thread. He must really like LeBron but I have to advise LTG that this is a Bulls thread.

Also any talent appraisal by LTG cannot be taken seriously since most assuredly he is including Patrick Williams as a guy with a lot of "talent" that tips the talent conversation in the Bulls favor. LTG's biggest flaw as an evaluator is that he assigns zero weight to actual production. So, for LTG, a guy with all the right physical traits like Williams scores high on talent even though his production is on the court is more or less irrelevant, aside from the occasional strong defensive performance. This is why LTG hates Donovan so much. It's not about Xs and Os it's about how Williams sucks under Donovan so therefore it's not Williams who sucks but it's Donovan. Can't take ltg seriously on this topic.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:05 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I love now LTG keeps introducing LeBron into the thread. He must really like LeBron but I have to advise LTG that this is a Bulls thread.

Also any talent appraisal by LTG cannot be taken seriously since most assuredly he is including Patrick Williams as a guy with a lot of "talent" that tips the talent conversation in the Bulls favor. LTG's biggest flaw as an evaluator is that he assigns zero weight to actual production. So, for LTG, a guy with all the right physical traits like Williams scores high on talent even though his production is on the court is more or less irrelevant, aside from the occasional strong defensive performance. This is why LTG hates Donovan so much. It's not about Xs and Os it's about how Williams sucks under Donovan so therefore it's not Williams who sucks but it's Donovan. Can't take ltg seriously on this topic.

Nah unlike you I actually watch the NBA as opposed to read the social media accounts of others that watch the NBA. And the reason that LeBron keeps getting referenced in conjunction with you (and only you) is because he is the only player that exists in the NBA as far you're concerned. Definitely the only one that you happen to like.

And as far as Donovan goes, he sucks. You wouldn't know that because again, you don't watch the games. You're just a dude whose opinion is based on what someone else's opinion (in this case mine) happens to be. That's the extent of your NBA viewership.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:07 am 

Typical non substantive response and a bunch of ad hominem attacks. You're afraid to confront the truth about Williams and his ineffectiveness. It's the same with Fields - you see all the traits and fail to compute that traits don't equal production 100% of the time. The only thing that sucks more than Williams is your evaluation ability.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:24 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Typical non substantive response and a bunch of ad hominem attacks. You're afraid to confront the truth about Williams and his ineffectiveness. It's the same with Fields - you see all the traits and fail to compute that traits don't equal production 100% of the time. The only thing that sucks more than Williams is your evaluation ability.

Your Patrick Williams narrative is something that was formed for you by others on this board. MaNY of whom (like you) who don't even bother to watch the games. Get back at me when Caller Bob isn't instructing you on how to think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:00 pm 

Hawks don't guard ANYBODY. They are an embarrassment. Nate McMillen is somewhere laughing his ass off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next