It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
1.) Tim Duncan is a much better defender than Wallace over his career. Wallace had about five-six seasons as probably the best help defender I can remember seeing and he was a very good but not dominant on the ball defender. Body of work has to go to Duncan when you comebine all the elements of defense + longevity of doing it. Rodman and Duncan didnt play at the same time. Im saying of all the people who have been in the league same time as Duncan I havent seen a better post defender. I still think Duncan is a better defender than Rodman was though, although you can make a good case for both.

2.) How many KSU games have you actually seen? Maybe the Kansas-KSU game? Only a couple were televised here, you saw all 2 or 3 of them?

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
1.) Tim Duncan is a much better defender than Wallace over his career. Wallace had about five-six seasons as probably the best help defender I can remember seeing and he was a very good but not dominant on the ball defender. Body of work has to go to Duncan when you comebine all the elements of defense + longevity of doing it. Rodman and Duncan didnt play at the same time. Im saying of all the people who have been in the league same time as Duncan I havent seen a better post defender. I still think Duncan is a better defender than Rodman was though, although you can make a good case for both.

2.) How many KSU games have you actually seen? Maybe the Kansas-KSU game? Only a couple were televised here, you saw all 2 or 3 of them?

No I didn't watch every KSU game. I did see more than 2 of them. A close friend of mine had a cousin that played for Missouri (Stephon Hannah) so I kept up with their conference. Rose was a Chicago guy and attended the same high school I did so I followed their games too. Aren't you the same guy that says someone can't comment of a player or a game unless they saw it? Now you tell me what a guy won't do that you never saw play. Even if you only looked at his stats you couldn't say the same thing. In his freshman season he has one of the best seasons in the history of college basketball and you say he probably isn't better than Zach Randolph. I respect your basketball opinion but sometimes you make me wonder what you are watching.

C'mon Nas you are taking much liberty with my words there. First I have always said he is a much better Zach Randolph. I think Beasley will be a terrific player. If I thought he probably wasnt better than Zach Randolph then I would clearly have a shocking, outrageous opinion that would be justifiably laughed at. Their skill sets are similar though, with Beasley being a bit stronger and having more of an outside shot.

Second, you cant blame me for being skeptical when it comes to the KSU question. That is a small time program that gets little air time here. I believe you, but I think alot of people around here love to pretend like they are experts on Beasley and Rose and at least Im honest with what I know and dont know.

Third, I never said you cant comment on a player if you havent seen him play, I said if you dont watch the games you cant pretend to know as much as those that do by regurgitating stats. If you notice, I have never mentioned stats one single time in analyzing the games of Beasley and Rose. I have simply watched as much tape as I can on both and have read a ton of analysis by multiple sources.

To rock my soul