It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Back to School for Pax?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Bulls fans...Might there be a new subplot holding up the rumored Doug Collins hiring as the team's new head coach? According to NBC affiliate WNDU in South Bend, Bulls' Vice President of Basketball Operations John Paxson is said to be on a short list to return to his alma mater, the University of Notre Dame. They're looking for a new Athletic Director after Kevin White resigned over the weekend to take over the same job at Duke. The report, also mentioned by ESPN Radio 1000's "Mac, Jurko & Harry" afternoon show, claims that Collins could take over as the next GM of the Bulls and hire possibly former NBA sharpshooter Chuck Person, currently an assistant with the Sacramento Kings, as possibly the Bulls' next head coach if Paxson went back to school. I wonder if this news about Notre Dame and Pax are holding up any announcement concerning Collins leaving Turner Sports for a second chance to coach the Bulls until possibly after the NBA Finals are decided...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:46 pm 

The plot thickens. . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I wouldn't be surprised to see Paxson jump at the Notre Dame opportunity if he is offered the job. I think he has lost his passion for his current position. I would be surprised if he were offered the job, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Can he take Hinrich with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Deep dish - Giordano's
Regular - Nancys
Coach Crapowski wrote:

No point, he wouldn't make the ND team

Quote:
"Mac" I've heard from Hollywood insiders that Jodie Foster is Asexual

Quote:
"Jurko" A sexual what Mac? ,,,,,,,Dynamo??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Jagr Bomb wrote:
Coach Crapowski wrote:

No point, he wouldn't make the ND team

:cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:57 pm 

If (and I realize this is a BIG if) this report was true, and Collins did become the GM, do you think he would do well in that role?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
If (and I realize this is a BIG if) this report was true, and Collins did become the GM, do you think he would do well in that role?

Who cares? Just get him and Hinrich out of town.[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:43 pm 

John Paxson denied the WNDU report about the Athletic Director opening at Notre Dame when the Sun-Times asked him earlier this evening, but I'm starting to wonder how accurate the Tribune, Sun-Times & ESPN.com reports concerning Doug Collins coming back to head coach the Chicago Bulls really are. While multiple sources claim that Collins and the Bulls are a "done deal", I'm starting to scratch my head concerning when the team will FINALLY hold a press conference to announce the next head coach, either in Deerfield or at the United Center. If Doug is indeed the choice, what in the hell are the Bulls waiting for? SIGN THE DAMN CONTRACT AND GET IT DONE ALREADY!!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

SHARK1104 wrote:
United Center

This isn't a MJ retirement or comeback. UC is too big for that announcement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:56 am 
1000 CLUB

I don't think Paxson is going anywhere, but they are making this coaching search way too complicated. I have stated that at this point, it really doesn't matter how long it takes given that we basically have our choice of whoever's left, but why is taking so long to determine if Collins is their guy or not ? He should be a guy they know a lot about, and I don't think it would take multiple interviews with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:36 am 
1000 CLUB

I think there are multiple problems at work here. First, based on recent interviews I've heard with him, Paxson seems to have lost confidence in his ability to make good decisions. Second, Reinsdorf has become intensely involved in the coach selection process. Pax's indecisiveness combined with Reinsdorf's meddling makes for an unappetizing recipe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:49 am 

Reinsdorf ALWAYS mettles in contract negotiations TM. He absolutely loves negotiating deals.

I wonder if Zorich returning to ND has any role in this series of events. A non football AD at Notre Dame would be wise to have a beloved former football player as his aide de camp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:56 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Reinsdorf ALWAYS mettles in contract negotiations TM. He absolutely loves negotiating deals.

I wonder if Zorich returning to ND has any role in this series of events. A non football AD at Notre Dame would be wise to have a beloved former football player as his aide de camp.

I'm not just talking about contract negotiations. According to David Schuster of the Score, Reinsdorf has pretty much taken control of the coaching search.

Post subject: Back to School for Pax?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:57 pm 

If Jerry Reinsdorf has taken control of the negotiations, what is the holdup? Is it the money, the length of contract, what is it? While we're at, isn't it head scratching to read that former NBA sharpshooter and current Sacramento Kings' assistant Chuck Person flew to Chicago for a "second interview" according to the Associated Press? I don't know what bothers me more...The Bulls dragging their feet on this search or what might be irresponsible journalism from those who supposedly in the know that may have jumped the gun in claiming that the whole Doug Collins return was a "done deal" when it really isn't...