It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
If you think you've heard the last of this ongoing story concerning the Bulls' search for a new head coach, think again. Just when all signs & multiple sources claimed it was a "done deal" with the Bulls & Doug Collins late last week, FOXSports.com's Jeff Goodman now reports that Doug might no longer be the front runner for the job that seemed to be his one week ago. A source close to the situation now tells Goodman that Dwane Casey, former head coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves, might have surpassed Collins as the frontrunner for the Bulls' job. Goodman says that Casey's interview with GM John Paxson went extremely well, while Owner/Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf doesn't want to strain his close relationship with Collins if he re-hires the guy who coached this team between 1986 & 1989. This latest twist comes after the AP reported that former NBA sharpshooter Chuck Person, currently a Sacramento Kings' assistant, had a second interview with Paxson. It also comes after Pax denied a WNDU report claiming he was on a list to replace Kevin White as new Athletic Director at Notre Dame. All I know is make up your mind already, whether it's Collins, Casey, Person or someone else!

Last edited by SHARK on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:59 pm 

I will be very unhappy if they pick Casey over Collins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:56 am 
1000 CLUB

The Bulls have been completely indecisive on the D'Antoni situation, and their inability to hire a coach is frustrating, especially with Reinsdorf apparantly making the final decision, and being very much involved in this search. Is Paxson not allowed to make decisions anymore ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
If the Bulls hire Dwayne Casey to be head coach, I will spontaneously combust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:09 pm 

Personally, I would prefer Flip, but I'm Not going to get all "doom and gloom" if they hire Casey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It has been as painful as a root canal regarding the Bulls' inability to find a new head coach. I don't know what pisses me off more. The Bulls' "indecision" as ESPN's Stephen A. Smith said following the Mike D'Antoni fiasco or all the rumored leaks from supposedly reliable sources a week after it was learned that it was supposedly a "done deal" with Doug Collins when the reality is there is still no deal one week later. With the NBA Draft right around the corner, this search has gone on long enough! Make a decision & stop this stalling!!! THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This whole search is a fiasco.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Collins has an ability to make himself get fired when he's into a deal. He does this so he can get the remaining money on his contract.

I'll bet Jerry want to stipulate low money buy outs in the contract in the even this happens.

Collins is quickly learning that Jerry really isn't a good friend of his like he's been saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I hope its a case of wanting the Finals to be over and interviewing Thibodeau.

I was critical of Collins in that thread but hes alot better than Flip, Casey, or Avery Johnson. I guarantee we will not make the playoffs next year if Dwayne Casey is our coach.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I hope its a case of wanting the Finals to be over and interviewing Thibodeau.

Then let's hope Boston sweeps LA :lol: