It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Elton Brand
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:33 am 

I saw that Brand opted out of his contract. Do the bulls have any flexibility to make a run at him or would it have to be a sign and trade?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post subject: Re: Elton Brand
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:52 am 

Heck, to make the contracts work, you could s&t gordon as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Word is the Clippers are gonna be able to land Baron. They desperately need a PG, and Baron is from LA and wants to play there. Also Brand said his intention is to resign with the Clippers, and Donald Sterling said he is gonna do what it takes to resign him. I dont see a S&T coming.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:01 am 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Word is the Clippers are gonna be able to land Baron. They desperately need a PG, and Baron is from LA and wants to play there. Also Brand said his intention is to resign with the Clippers, and Donald Sterling said he is gonna do what it takes to resign him. I dont see a S&T coming.

When has Sterling ever been honest?

I dont see why he would lie about that and he has shown the willingness to get FAs and spend money lately.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:09 am 

They can afford both Baron and Brand?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:21 am 

RFDC wrote:
They can afford both Baron and Brand?

Yeah I think so. Rumor has it Baron would agree to sign something around 5 year/$60 million with them. They can afford that and resign Brand. The Clips, Grizzlies, and 76ers were the three teams that entered free agency with enough cap room to sign the marquee free agents, and that was before Magette opted out early.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:34 am 

Nas wrote:
Why would he sign a deal that was going to pay him $12M when he was going to make $18M this year? I could understand if he were old and washed up but someone will pay him.

Im guessing due to his injury problems he wants longer term security instead of rolling the dice this year and getting hurt again.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:26 am 

Nas wrote:
Why would he sign a deal that was going to pay him $12M when he was going to make $18M this year? I could understand if he were old and washed up but someone will pay him.

Who will pay him? The Grizz and 76ers dont need a PG. Im not arguing he's not worth more than that, Im just saying thats what I've heard will be offered. Maybe itll be a $70 instead of $60M contract, but he wont get a max deal. He doesnt want to play for Nellie anymore and he wants to play for LA.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Who will pay him? The Grizz and 76ers dont need a PG. Im not arguing he's not worth more than that, Im just saying thats what I've heard will be offered. Maybe itll be a $70 instead of $60M contract, but he wont get a max deal. He doesnt want to play for Nellie anymore and he wants to play for LA.

Maybe Baron Davis is one of those guys who's geeting up there in age and would take less money for a chance to live in LA and win a championship. He'd sure look good in a Lakers uniform.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:16 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Maybe Baron Davis is one of those guys who's geeting up there in age and would take less money for a chance to live in LA and win a championship. He'd sure look good in a Lakers uniform.

That team would be utterly unstoppable. No way he settles for the MLE though. As Nas alluded to, in this market $12million/year for him is underpaid.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Elton Brand NEVER should've left Chicago in the first place, and the Bulls have an opportunity to correct one of the worst, dumbest trades the team has made since the World Champions broke up their 6 NBA title teams 10 years ago. Brand would provide help in the low post, plus has been very consistent scoring & rebounding, even before ex-GM Jerry Krause made the boneheaded trade with the Clippers for a guy in Tyson Chandler that NEVER quite did the dirty work when he was here! He's also an All-Star, which is something NO Bull has been since the breakup. GM John Paxson should be very proactive and do what he can to get #42 back in the Chicago red & black. He would also help Derrick Rose speed up his own development, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Elton Brand: 20 and 10 but his teams go nowhere...Tyson Chandler took years to develop but he got farther in the playoffs in one year than Elton has his entire career...just something to think about.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:56 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Elton Brand: 20 and 10 but his teams go nowhere...Tyson Chandler took years to develop but he got farther in the playoffs in one year than Elton has his entire career...just something to think about.

Chandler sucked until he started playing with Chris Paul. Put him on a team with no PG and he returns to his Bulls stats.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
conns7901 wrote:
Chandler sucked until he started playing with Chris Paul. Put him on a team with no PG and he returns to his Bulls stats.

Not true. Remember the spring of 2006 when Curry was out of the lineup? Tyson was pretty much the Bulls' spark-plug. He played the most inspired basketball of his career up to that point. In fact, it's not outrageous to suggest that Chandler was the main reason the Bulls made the playoffs that year.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:14 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

(sigh). I hate when people try to talk NBA and dont know what they are talking about. Tyson Chandler has never made it farther then Elton Brand in the playoffs, do your damn homework. Also Chris Paul and David West had more to do with it then Tyson, although he was definitely a key component.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:26 pm 

Baron reached a verbal agreement with the Clippers today for 5 years/$65 million. Everyone expects they will now resign Brand.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:40 pm 

I agree Nas and Kaman might have been the most overlooked player last year. He was an absolute beast inside and had range up to 15 feet. Wasnt a great on the ball defender, but with Brand out of the lineup and Thornton often playing out of position often, it was a pretty tough situation for him to be stuck in. Kaman, Brand, and Baron are automatically one of the best trios in the league, and Mobley and Thornton should be nice complimentary players. I doubt they can move Mobley and playing next to Baron should open him up for more open threes, they might as well keep him. Tim Thomas has the talent to complete that rotation, but I doubt any of us are holding our breath. Thats another contract that will be tough to move, they may just have to hope a potential winning environment motivates him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:54 pm 

I agree but Im not sure where that player comes from, and although they will not be leading the league in fast break points, Baron and Thornton are pretty athletic, and I believe Gordon is too. I think they are really high on Gordon, but perhaps they could move him for a veteran since they might be in a position to compete right now. Also I love the DeAndre Jordan pick where they got him in the draft. No risk, possibly high reward. They have a nice little roster right now, and if they can package one of their bad contracts with Gordon maybe they can get back a veteran to push them up their with the Lakers/Spurs/Hornets group.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
Unless the Spurs makes some moves big moves this off season I think you might see the Jazz replace the Spurs in the top 3.

Jazz will be up there too but Im still convinced if Manu is 100% healthy they win the title this past season. I dont even think he was at 60% that series. I think they will make the couple minor adjustments they always do and be right their in contention again next year. Parker might still be improving, I think Duncan is still the best big man in the game, and Im reasonably sure Manu still has at least one more year left at an elite level They do need to bring in some athletiscism and get rid of all those old bodies though, and I think they will. RC Buford/Popovich are the best GM tandem in the league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Not true. Remember the spring of 2006 when Curry was out of the lineup? Tyson was pretty much the Bulls' spark-plug. He played the most inspired basketball of his career up to that point. In fact, it's not outrageous to suggest that Chandler was the main reason the Bulls made the playoffs that year.

Chandler was very effective in his final season with the Bulls, but he couldn't catch a pass in the Heat series and his problems with Skiles were the reason he's gone. Pax got rid of Chandler to appease Skiles and sign Wallace so they would be contenders, part of the reason Skiles was fired was because of his sour relationship with Wallace and now Wallace is gone.

Clippers will struggle to be a 6-8 seed in the West but they'd be the 2nd best team in the East.

And what are the Cavs going to do? LeBron had a press conference where he talked about NY being his fav city and how much he loves Brooklyn, he even said Akron was his 5th fav city, I guess Canton is to flashy for Bron.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:08 pm 

Do the Clippers have any expiring contracts? Maybe they can package those guys and maybe Gordon (or Livingston?) for a third "star". Then, they would be scary. Nas is right...Magette would look real good in that line up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:00 am 

Mac Sucks wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Chandler was very effective in his final season with the Bulls, but he couldn't catch a pass in the Heat series and his problems with Skiles were the reason he's gone. Pax got rid of Chandler to appease Skiles and sign Wallace so they would be contenders, part of the reason Skiles was fired was because of his sour relationship with Wallace and now Wallace is gone.

Clippers will struggle to be a 6-8 seed in the West but they'd be the 2nd best team in the East.

And what are the Cavs going to do? LeBron had a press conference where he talked about NY being his fav city and how much he loves Brooklyn, he even said Akron was his 5th fav city, I guess Canton is to flashy for Bron.

Chandler was terrible his final season with the Bulls. I was watching extra closely, because that terd was on my fantasy team.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:22 am 

i disagree with the clippers comment. assuming elton brand comes back i think they can be a 4 or 5 seed. the suns will drop off, the mavs will drop off, obviously golden state will drop off, you can only really pencil in the top 3 being the hornets, lakers, and spurs in witch ever order you would like

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:54 pm 

I saw on Epn bottom line the GS offered Brand a max contract.

It comes off as an FU to the Clippers more than a great financial decision.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I heard Scott Van Pelt, Michele Tafoya and even Dan "The Duke" Davis mention the rumored offer with the Warriors & Brand earlier today on ESPN Radio. Although the $$$$ weren't disclosed, it's believed to be even bigger than what the Clippers have offered, and to my knowledge anyway, they can go over the salary cap to re-sign Brand, because he is L.A.'s free agent. Then again, Clippers' Owner Donald Sterling is to the NBA what the Bidwills are to the NFL...CHEAP!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:46 pm 

SHARK wrote:
I heard Scott Van Pelt, Michele Tafoya and even Dan "The Duke" Davis mention the rumored offer with the Warriors & Brand earlier today on ESPN Radio. Although the $$$$ weren't disclosed, it's believed to be even bigger than what the Clippers have offered, and to my knowledge anyway, they can go over the salary cap to re-sign Brand, because he is L.A.'s free agent. Then again, Clippers' Owner Donald Sterling is to the NBA what the Bidwills are to the NFL...CHEAP!

Again false old news on both. Tim Thomas signed there after being in Phoenix, Maggette, Mobley, I think they also gave Kaman big money. Bidwell gave Edge big money as well.