It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gordon Gone?????????????
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
I've heard rumors of a sign and trade of Ben Gordon. I think Gordon will have a better NBA carreer than Deng! Another Paxson mistake????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:21 pm 

What are the rumors you are hearing?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:
What are the rumors you are hearing?

Kirilenko from Utah ......of course my sources are next to me downing MGD and Crown, or he might be going to Europe?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Report: Gordon refuses to sign Bulls' offer

Chicago Bulls guard Ben Gordon won't sign the club's one-year qualifying offer of $6.4 million, setting the stage for a possible departure from the team, The Chicago Tribune reported Saturday.

"I'm definitely not taking it," Gordon said. "I've already expressed that to them. I mean, that's not an option."

As a restricted free agent, Gordon can't force a sign-and-trade, but the Bulls' leading scorer for the last three seasons could sign with a European club.

Asked if he believed he'd played his last game for Chicago, Gordon said: "Yeah, I guess that's safe to say."

Gordon, who's averaged 18 points a game over four seasons, turned down a five-year, $50 extension last summer. Gordon is believed to be seeking about $72 million, which would put the club into luxury-tax range.

"I was definitely trying to work something out with the Bulls," Gordon said. "I told them I wanted to go back. It was a numbers game."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:35 pm 

Doesn't that pretty much mean that Pax has to look for a sign and trade?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Doesn't that pretty much mean that Pax has to look for a sign and trade?

Possibly, but he could also wait out Gordon, and we all know how patient Paxson can be.

I'm sure Paxson has had some conversations about Gordon, but I think this is a difficult trade to make - Gordon wants more than $10 million a season and we don't know if he'd be as willing to accept a 6th man role as he did in Chicago. Plus, if a team is willing to pay him around the $12 million a season that he's looking for, that would probably indicate that they either are infatuated with him as a 6th man or see him as a starting guard. Gordon has shown that he's not a point guard, and he's obviously undersized as a shooting guard. How many teams are willing to pay that much money for either an undersized guard or a 6th man? Don't get me wrong either - Gordon is a very skilled player, and talented scorer, but he's also asking for a huge deal.

Gordon may talk about taking a deal in Europe, but I think the Bulls would be willing to call his bluff on that one. Gordon is correct in that the Bulls have no interest in paying the luxury tax, and a trade is still possible, but the most likely outome is Gordon signing the 1 year deal, and becoming unrestricted next season.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:40 pm 

If he needs a ride to O'Hare to catch his plane to Europe, I'm available.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:43 pm 

I am def ready for Gordon to be done with the Bulls, but I would really rather see them get something for him

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I think that's the only question right now. It's safe to say Ben Gordon has hit his last jumpshot for the Bulls, and of all the guards on this roster, he seems to be the most expendable. I don't think you can get a 6 pack of Budweiser for Kirk Hinrich, let alone a 12 pack of Bud Light with the big contract of Larry Hughes. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
I've heard rumors of a sign and trade of Ben Gordon. I think Gordon will have a better NBA carreer than Deng! Another Paxson mistake????

a better career in the numbers sense, perhaps...but Deng is the better player all-around.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:43 pm 

I sense that despite being the Bulls' leading scorer each of the last 2 seasons, Ben Gordon feels as if he deserves the kind of big money that Kirk Hinrich signed for, and the Bulls inherited when they got Larry Hughes & Drew Gooden in the Ben Wallace deal with the Cavaliers last February at the NBA Trade Deadline. Gordon mentioned something about playing for the Knicks, given the fact he's from that part of the country and seems to relish playing at Madison Square Garden. I think the Knicks have salary cap issues, if I'm not mistaken, even with the John Ratzenberger-looking Mike D'Antoni as their new head coach & Stephon Marbury still wearing the Knick blue & orange...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:28 am 
1000 CLUB

SHARK wrote:
I sense that despite being the Bulls' leading scorer each of the last 2 seasons, Ben Gordon feels as if he deserves the kind of big money that Kirk Hinrich signed for, and the Bulls inherited when they got Larry Hughes & Drew Gooden in the Ben Wallace deal with the Cavaliers last February at the NBA Trade Deadline. Gordon mentioned something about playing for the Knicks, given the fact he's from that part of the country and seems to relish playing at Madison Square Garden. I think the Knicks have salary cap issues, if I'm not mistaken, even with the John Ratzenberger-looking Mike D'Antoni as their new head coach & Stephon Marbury still wearing the Knick blue & orange...

He's asking for $12 million a season, which is more than Hinrich's deal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
12 milldo for unenthusiastic defense and a down year last year?
Darko don't think so.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:29 pm 

$12 million for a guy who plays no defense but provides plenty of offense off the bench? I don't think so! :x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
12 million in scratch for a guy who will get you 30 one night and 8 points on 3-15 shooting the next night? Keep it...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
spmack wrote:
12 million in scratch for a guy who will get you 30 one night and 8 points on 3-15 shooting the next night? Keep it...

I'd sooner have Hersey Hawkins come out of retirement and do the same thing...at least Hersey would play defense.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:29 pm 

Anyone that gives Gordon 10 million is an idiot. 12 million and you should be fired.

Sadly, someone will.

I won't be too upset if we end up losing Ben Gordon. I would have been with Deng as I feel he can be a solid starter for the next 5-10 years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:29 pm 

Nas wrote:
I still remember hearing Murph say before it's all said and done Ben Gordon will be the 2nd best player in Bulls history. I yelled at my radio then and it sounds even worse now.

Who is "Murph" crappin'? That is so stupid and a stretch at best! Ben Gordon's gonna be a holdout at this point with training camp on the horizon in the next few weeks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:53 pm 

BD wrote:

Chicago Bulls guard Ben Gordon won't sign the club's one-year qualifying offer of $6.4 million, setting the stage for a possible departure from the team, The Chicago Tribune reported Saturday.

"I'm definitely not taking it," Gordon said. "I've already expressed that to them. I mean, that's not an option."

As a restricted free agent, Gordon can't force a sign-and-trade, but the Bulls' leading scorer for the last three seasons could sign with a European club.

Asked if he believed he'd played his last game for Chicago, Gordon said: "Yeah, I guess that's safe to say."

Gordon, who's averaged 18 points a game over four seasons, turned down a five-year, $50 extension last summer. Gordon is believed to be seeking about $72 million, which would put the club into luxury-tax range.

"I was definitely trying to work something out with the Bulls," Gordon said. "I told them I wanted to go back. It was a numbers game."

What's funny in the end if as long as the Bulls extend the qualifying offer - they still own his rights, regardless if he goes to europe, russia, australia to play.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
BD wrote:

What's funny in the end if as long as the Bulls extend the qualifying offer - they still own his rights, regardless if he goes to europe, russia, australia to play.

Exactly, which makes it rather stupid for him to go overseas unless they are offering something totally outrageous.

He should suck it up, sign for 1 year, and resume his role as 6th man. After the season, let him explore the market, and try and work out a sign and trade, if possible.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:31 pm 

The two places I've read about Ben & his jumpshot going are Russia & maybe the Utah Jazz...There's gotta be a solution to this nonsense soon!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
BD wrote:
Gordon, who's averaged 18 points a game over four seasons, turned down a five-year, $50 extension last summer.

Cheap ass Bulls...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Krazy Ivan wrote:
BD wrote:
Gordon, who's averaged 18 points a game over four seasons, turned down a five-year, $50 extension last summer.

Cheap ass Bulls...

Cheap ass Gordon...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Red Kerr wrote:
Why?!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
If he was on a team with a Kobe Bryant type, who commanded a double team and could kick it out to him for open jumpers, he could be real effective on offense. But he's always going to be exposed on defense and has a hard time creating off the dribble, so he's somewhat limited on offense. He should have been a point guard, as small as he is. Too bad his coaches didn't make him develop those skills when he was younger.