Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'd take Chris Kaman right now.

Isnt he German?

Post subject: Re: Rose vs. Beasley
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
I agree with Bernsie's theory that white guys have no business being drafted in the first round. If someone takes Hansbrough with their first pick, they will be extremely sorry. If you go back through the past ten drafts, can anyone name a non-foreign-white first rounder that was any good? I cant find any.

eh....Clips have never gone anywhere with him...besides, he's from Planet Zorb...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:53 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Isnt he German?

He's from Michigan, but because he has German ancestry he played for the German national team after getting citizenship there specifically to play for them.

I agree with your point though as I'm pretty sure he's the only one I would want on my team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:55 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
eh....Clips have never gone anywhere with him...besides, he's from Planet Zorb...

Since when did we start holding players accountable for the Clippers not going anywhere?

For 20 years the Clippers have gone nowhere.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Isnt he German?

He's from Michigan, but because he has German ancestry he played for the German national team after getting citizenship there specifically to play for them.

I agree with your point though as I'm pretty sure he's the only one I would want on my team.

he's a guy that has been better in the pros than in college. Coming out of Central, I thought he'd go nowhere. He's made himself into a much better player from the one that destroyed NIU on a regular basis...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:56 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yeah, I know that. He wasnt good enough to make the U.S. team so he jumped ship. It's not really my point though about drafting white guys. Ive heard Bernsie mention it a number of times, and I just happen to agree with him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Isnt he German?

he's a guy that has been better in the pros than in college. Coming out of Central, I thought he'd go nowhere. He's made himself into a much better player from the one that destroyed NIU on a regular basis...[/quote]

Sat next to him in some Recreation class, he was a big dope. Always asking me for answers and showing up late. His game in the pros actually surprises me, but he hustles a lot of points and boards. I'd take him on my b-ball team but not on my trivia or knowledge team.