It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
1. They're still a buncha jumpshooters, with the exception of Rose...Deng on the wings, Gooden free throw line extended...
2. For one night, they played harder defense than last year...
3. Their offensive sets have me very afraid...I hope they eventually run more complex stuff than that...
4. Rose is the real deal, but he can only do so much...
5. If Gooden is their main big man and Grey is next in line, I think I'm gonna be sick for long stretches of the season...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I liked what I saw from Rose, with the exception of the turnovers. As far as the offensive plays they were running, I wouldn't look into that too much if I were you. They have a new coach who will be trying out new things as the preseason moves along.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: ------
I actually think getting Noah back on the court will help this team out. They are going to be better defensively and not so burned out with Skiles gone. Plus Rose should be good enough to get Noah and Thomas some easy looks near the bucket where they have a hope of converting. I think this team will be better once they get rid of Gordon/Nocioni and establish a real NBA rotation which hopefully will happen at some point this season. Either way I think the best case scenario is fighting for an 8th seed while Rose learns the ropes and takes his lumps in the NBA game.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Krazy Ivan wrote:
I liked what I saw from Rose, with the exception of the turnovers. As far as the offensive plays they were running, I wouldn't look into that too much if I were you. They have a new coach who will be trying out new things as the preseason moves along.

Krazy, I thought Derrick played good, but the Bulls came out kinda tight and dug a very early hole vs. a veteran-laded team in the Dallas Mavericks. Also, I noticed there were new, different backboards at United Center watching on TV...I also thought the Bulls were fighting an uphill battle all night, even without Ben Gordon & Joakim Noah in the first warmup game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They still have too many guards and not enough low post players. I don't get how you can just completely ignore your biggest need and hope everyone will just get better. They did that last year and it was a disaster. I also completely forgot Vinnie Del Negro was our coach until I saw him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 am 

KDdidit wrote:
They still have too many guards and not enough low post players. I don't get how you can just completely ignore your biggest need and hope everyone will just get better. They did that last year and it was a disaster. I also completely forgot Vinnie Del Negro was our coach until I saw him.

They are guard-heavy, and despite their fat contracts, I predict one of these guys, Kirk Hinrich, Thabo, Ben Gordon and/or Larry Hughes must be traded as the season progresses, even if it means the Bulls have to pay them to get out of Chicago...Also, I think you are correct about Vinny as our new head coach...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:49 pm 

maybe I'm wrong on the offensive sets. But I can tell you that I don't see Noah helping AT ALL. And Gordon is just another jump shooter/undersized defensively guard. No good. They will compete in the east, but I'm due for a long season....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
City of Fools wrote:
And Gordon is just another jump shooter/undersized defensively guard.

Eh...they'll trade him at the deadline anyway. I personally don't see the value in the guy. He's the Shawn Respert of 2008...but Respert's jumpshot was slightly better.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Defense looked horrible. Against the Mavs starters the must have let them shot 55% . They were down by 20. Not good if they want to play fast pace bb which I think they do

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:18 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Defense looked horrible. Against the Mavs starters the must have let them shot 55% . They were down by 20. Not good if they want to play fast pace bb which I think they do

Exactly. Where was that fast-paced, run 'n gun uptempo style of ball that these guys were supposed to be embracing? They looked a step slow like always. Maybe they didn't get the memo but in order to play transition ball you have to actually PLAY DEFENSE. Get takeaways. Get defensive rebounds. Guard people...stuff that real teams do.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:07 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
And Gordon is just another jump shooter/undersized defensively guard.

Eh...they'll trade him at the deadline anyway. I personally don't see the value in the guy. He's the Shawn Respert of 2008...but Respert's jumpshot was slightly better.

minus the huge elbow pad...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
I hate to say it ,but Chandler would look good in a Bulls uniform

I'm out.

Last edited by Walt Williams Neck on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:24 pm 

I hate to say it ,but Chandler would look got in a Bulls uniform

that's ONLY because the Bulls have a real point guard now...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:55 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
I hate to say it ,but Chandler would look got in a Bulls uniform

that's ONLY because the Bulls have a real point guard now...

You got that right! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
KDdidit wrote:
They still have too many guards and not enough low post players.

DING!
And Cairo, no one wants to trade for Gordon. He's overpaid and he plays no D, contenders don't trade for guys who don't play D and sulk when they're 6th man. And.... being that you won't see the Bull trade guard for guard that further decreases his trade value as it limits the number of players he'd be traded for. Since they will need that low post presence that they do not have, they're kinda stuck with him as everyone knows that's what they need.

Serious question, is there any reason why Noah can't be that low post guy? What's the deal with him?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:37 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Serious question, is there any reason why Noah can't be that low post guy? What's the deal with him?

I think the potential is there. While a lot of people were down on him last year, I felt like I saw a lot of good things in his game - especially offensively. He has a lot of heart and showed that he's not intimidated by the marquee big men of the league. I think his main issue is whether or not he can grow up and get his head together.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:07 pm 

It seemed like Joakim Noah's game actually improved once Ben Wallace was traded at the deadline, but it's not saying much for a 33 win bellyflop a year ago...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:36 am 

SHARK wrote:
It seemed like Joakim Noah's game actually improved once Ben Wallace was traded at the deadline, but it's not saying much for a 33 win bellyflop a year ago...

I think it says a lot for Noah actually. One man can't account for the turnaround of an entire team. What he showed was the potential to become a very solid NBA big man.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:43 pm 

Noah is nothing more than a role player who can contribute defense and rebounding. He was the fourth best player on that Florida team, but his attitude was big enough to put him into the spotlight.

Noah will never be a post presence. He will at most be a poor man's Dennis Rodman, which I would take.

He's going to show signs of being an offensive threat, but ultimately over the course of a season it won't happen. You can't expect him to be something he has never been. He's an energy player and Derrick Rose may be able to distribute the ball to him enough that he can get lots of layups.

The worst part is that his attitude is going to be a negative for the Bulls as much as a positive. He's going to continue to alienate teammates and get in the doghouse from coaches. I'm not sure he'll have trouble with Del Negro, because Vinny won't want to rock the boat too much as a young coach, but he will be a distraction. I think Noah can be a good piece on a team, but he's not a key piece of any good team. On the Lakers or Cavs he'd be a great player to do the little things but not here with this team.

The Bulls need to make a blockbuster trade near the deadline, likely sending Gordon, Noah and someone else away to build for the future around Derrick Rose. Sell high on Noah, because I see his stock dropping as he shows that the flaws in his game are not going to disappear.

Hopefully I'm wrong on Noah, but I haven't seen anything in college or the NBA that leads me to believe he can improve in certain areas he is currently deficient in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I agree Rick. I think he may improve slightly, but he doesn't have a high ceiling. Since he doesn't make too much cash, hopefully they can package him with a bigger contract and get something useful, should they be inclined to do so. Maybe another team thinks they can develop him more but I think the best he'll ever be is a solid bench guy on a good team.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:05 am 

I agree with both of you. Either Noah or Thomas will be out of here this year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I have a feeling Noah is going to do it big...all day...all night. You have no idea...