It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kirk Hinrich
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I'll make a bold prediction that Hughes will cost Rose at least 2-3 assists a game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Larry like to shoostie too much...but he can play good defense when properly motivated...plays the passing lanes pretty well but does take chances. Kirk can go away tomorrow, we'd have never drafted this kid if Williams hadn't gotten hurt...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
City of Fools wrote:
we'd have never drafted this kid if Williams hadn't gotten hurt...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jay Williams! The mere mention of the name makes me burst into laughter. Bad memories. Bad, bad memories.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:40 pm 

as bad as he was, he has more athletic ability in his pinky than Capn' Kirk has in his entire body...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:53 pm 

Hinrich, Gordon, Noah all need to be sold off with the team being built around Derrick Rose. None of those players are complimentary to what we will want to do with him. Noah may be able to contribute, but I don't think I trust him enough to be a player you can run off pick and rolls or to be a consistent finisher.

If Paxson is smart, he will use this season to let Rose develop and to position the Bulls to be great in the future. Hinrich, Gordon, and Noah all will have value at the trade deadline. Keep Tyrus Thomas until we see what he can do with Rose distributing. Larry Hughes is stuck here for good, but his expiring contract will eventually become valuable. The Bulls are one good trade and one good free agent signing away from being set for the future. Think long term even if it costs a little short term.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Right now, I'm not sure you can get a six pack of Bud Light for Kirk Hinrich... :lol: With the logjam of guards on this roster, Vinny Del Negro will have a tough time trying to make them happy. He started Hinrich & Larry Hughes in tonight's preseason game vs. Minnesota and had Derrick Rose coming off the bench. Seriously, the Bulls will need to make a move or two, even if they've got to eat a big chunk of the salary Kirk is scheduled to earn this season to make it possible. I'm convinced that Rose is the kind of player that can help the Bulls for years, but Hinrich, Hughes, Thabo and/or Ben Gordon, once healthy, must be moved to accommodate #1.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:47 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Keep Tyrus Thomas until we see what he can do with Rose distributing. Larry Hughes is stuck here for good, but his expiring contract will eventually become valuable. The Bulls are one good trade and one good free agent signing away from being set for the future. Think long term even if it costs a little short term.

I haven't checked the Bulls section in a while and came here to say almost exactly that, with emphasis on the bold portion re: Tyrus Thomas. I'm really excited for the growth we should see in this team over the next three seasons, given Pax makes the right moves: clean out the redundant skill sets (especially that of this topic's title) and key in on balanced acquisitions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:04 am 

SHARK wrote:
Right now, I'm not sure you can get a six pack of Bud Light for Kirk Hinrich... :lol:

Hinrich would have good value to a team that runs a bit more. He can get out on the break, play the 1/2 and guard both slots. He's just not good in a half court set. There has to be a gm that buys into the 'next steve nash' crap. elgin baylor? shit, he got canned..... :drunken:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:02 pm 

In an earlier post, I mentioned that Hinrich & Hughes started the preseason game Tuesday night vs. Minnesota. I heard "Silvy" mention something on the Bulls' flagship, ESPN Radio 1000, the other day that rookie head coach Vinny Del Negro might start the two overpaid guards ahead of #1 pick Derrick Rose on Opening Night, October 28th vs. Scott Skiles & the Milwaukee Bucks. I hope not! The Bulls need to get rid of the dead weight, and the dead money Hinrich & Hughes are supposed to earn this season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hinrich, Gordon, Noah all need to be sold off

Noah has the WORST form jump shot this side of Mario Elie...just awful, his left hand finish is bad bad bad.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:40 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Right now, I'm not sure you can get a six pack of Bud Light for Kirk Hinrich... :lol: With the logjam of guards on this roster, Vinny Del Negro will have a tough time trying to make them happy. He started Hinrich & Larry Hughes in tonight's preseason game vs. Minnesota and had Derrick Rose coming off the bench. Seriously, the Bulls will need to make a move or two, even if they've got to eat a big chunk of the salary Kirk is scheduled to earn this season to make it possible. I'm convinced that Rose is the kind of player that can help the Bulls for years, but Hinrich, Hughes, Thabo and/or Ben Gordon, once healthy, must be moved to accommodate #1.

You would be lucky to get a bottle of boonsfarm for this bum...what happen I thought he was to be part of the olympic team??? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:51 pm 

Tommy, Kirk Hinrich tried out for Team USA if I'm not mistaken, but didn't make the cut. What has happened to his game is very discouraging... :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:09 pm 

He was never that good. Don't get why everyone is surprised he sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:19 pm 

exactly. Remember, he shouldn't have been a Bull in the first place. He does seem to have lost confidence in his jumper, which was somewhat decent...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
When he was younger he used to try to at least drive to the bucket and create a bit now he settles for dribbling around aimlessly as the clock winds down or being a jump shooter that is hesitant to pull the trigger. As for his shot yeah it used to be somewhat decent but now if you look at it its about on par with Duhon's stroke which is frighetning.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:40 pm 

Hinrich has gotten worse over time. He looked to be a promising player in his rookie season (yeah, I sat through most those games).

Thomas is one of the few bright spots from what I've seen so far this preseason (admittedly, limited viewing). He seems to have improved considerably.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:47 pm 

From the small bit of Bulls basketball I have watched this preseason, they need monumental change otherwise they are destined to fester in mediocrity.

This team is full of good players who aren't difference makers. I am not including Thomas and Rose since they still have yet to reach potential but certainly have it.

Deng is a good starting player who will be a great third option for Rose and (Insert good player here) along with Thomas and (Insert Token White Guy Center here).

Paxson fell in love with his guys and it was a mistake. He was bailed out by ping pong balls giving him Rose and that's the only thing that made it worth it. Even if the Bulls are playoff bound, I will be disappointed if a major trade doesn't happen at the deadline to clear space for the future Bulls roster built to take advantage of Rose's ability.

I have to believe that a few good moves by Paxson and some luck in available free agents will put the Bulls at the top of the Eastern conference by 2011. Everything before that is irrelevant.