It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rose vs Dallas - Wow!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Didn't see the game but just caught the highlights on Comcast. Holy shit!!! Rose was unreal. 13-18 from the field; 30 points. 7 assists. He just did what he wanted to on the court. I'm excited. I thought it was gonna take time. He'll have his rough nights. But he's a super star already. Nice. Bulls games are gonna be fun. That first step of his can't be guarded. The guy can finish in the NBA. I wanted to see that and I did tonight. He can take contact already. The kid has room to get stronger. He hasn't filled out that body yet. He will and it will only make him better. He's already good.

Always fun watching a star in his rookie year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:29 pm 

very impressive night.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:18 pm 

Nas wrote:
We will see flashes of games like this but I wouldn't expect to see this very often.

Ah you are just mad that you did not get him in our fantasy draft tonight :P 8)

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

No. Of course not. That's fine. I know we're not winning a title. Don't expect us to win a playoff series. We'll win our 40-42 games. Good enough for a 7 or 8 seed. We'll get bounced in the 1st round. But it will still be fun watching Rose all year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I remember when Jay Williams got a triple double his Rookie year against Jason Kidd.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Let's not get carried away with what Derrick Rose did last night in Dallas. Remember, it was only a preseason game and it was against reserves that he scored his 30 in an American Airlines Center that appeared to be half full last night. If Bulls' fans start getting excited about Rose, let's hope it starts Opening Night when it counts at United Center vs. Scott Skiles and his new team, the Milwaukee Bucks. Let's also hope #1 is in the starting lineup from the getgo, and forget about starting Larry Hughes & Kirk Hinrich in the same backcourt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I heartily agree with Bernstein about this- Vinny is saying maybe he called too many plays..well, duh

Just give him the ball everytime and clear everyone out of the way. They should mimick how the Hornets run their offense with Paul. There's no need for all these complicated sets.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:36 am 

The one thing that I'm noticing in the small amount of preseason that I've watched is that Rose is easily able to match up with the speed of the NBA, and in fact may be able to better the speed of the opposing team. He's going to have a very successful rookie season.

Derrick Rose is the first game changing player that the Bulls have had since Jordan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:04 am 

Nas wrote:
Gordon and Curry didn't do it for you?

I meant game changer in a positive manner. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Memo to Vinny Del Negro: With Larry Hughes out the first 6-8 weeks with the dislocated right shoulder suffered in the 85-75 preseason win at Minnesota last night, this better end all the talk about starting Hughes & Kirk Hinrich from the getgo, and putting Derrick Rose to work right away!