It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

I hope Rose's debut is a memorable one. Let's get him a triple-double in his first game. I know. Highly unlikely. I don't even think he'll get 30 minutes tonight. I think Vinny will ease him in to begin the season. He is starting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:39 pm 

1st complaint of the season:

What in the hell is that song they use during pre-game intros? Is that................is that the Goo-Goo Dolls? What the hell is going on around here?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:41 pm 

this intro is bizarre.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's just an "opening night" thing. They introduced the back ups with the weird drumming. They still use the old "Bulls theme" for the starters.

I think we saw a first. I don't know if it will always been done this way. But Rose was introduced as "From Chicago...Derick Rose". Not his high school or college. Just "From Chicago". Who cares? I know. Just found that interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:54 pm 

Thabo and Rose starting is interesting.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tyrus is playing like a beast. He needs to do that every night. Or at least most nights. He gets lazy on you as games stack up, Looks like he has a new spin move from the free throw line. Still has no touch but it looks a little better.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:14 pm 

is this on tv? (I have comcast) can't find it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Good Ole WGN 9.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Beardown wrote:
Good Ole WGN 9.
It does get a little tricky, because WGN America, the former WGN Superstation, doesn't broadcast its first Bulls' game until November 15th when the Bulls host the Indiana Pacers at the United Center. Besides, we've got to get used to seeing Neil Funk call the games on TV & hearing Chuck Swirsky on ESPN Radio...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:58 pm 

Have not been able to see the game.

What is everyone's impression of Rose? Vinny? Offense? Defense?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:06 pm 

RFDC wrote:
What is everyone's impression of Rose?

It's going to take him a little while but he's got all the tools you need to be a great point guard. He looks quicker than everyone else on the floor. He's still adjusting to the NBA game but I honestly believe by the end of the year he'll show that he's going to be special.
RFDC wrote:
Vinny?

Gone within two years. "There's no there, there". While I don't want to bash a coach after one game, I get the impression that he's just a suit who stands there and doesn't do much.
RFDC wrote:
Offense?

Tyrus Thomas has taken a step forward. Deng looks the same. A quality player. This offense still hasn't developed the chemistry with Rose that will make it dynamic, but you can see a little of it. I expect Rose to Thomas to be a common call by the announcers.
RFDC wrote:
Defense?

Good I guess. The Bucks didn't give a great effort in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Rose looked fine. 11pts, 9 assists, 3 steals, just 3 turnovers. He didn't shoot much. Didn't need to today. Gordon had 18 and Kirk had 15. I think Deng had 15 or 16. 11 of those in the 1st quarter.

Bucks can't play defense. They really didn't try to. Skiles is pissed. It was easy tonight. 19 fast break points. Bucks never really guarded anybody. Gordon had easy looks at 3-pointers. Bulls dominated the offensive glass. Bucks had a lot of turnovers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nas wrote:
Looking at their roster I believe the Bulls might have the most talent of any team in the NBA.

Let's not say things we can't take back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dore was horrible. Funk is much better. He just knows the game better than Dore. Has a good "play by play" voice too.

I miss Kerr. Why did they have to let him go? He didn't say much anyway. He just watched the game Stacy would talk the most. It was fun to hear the old man scream at bad calls and root for the fans to get a Big Mac. That's all he did and it was entertaining. They should have let him do "home games" only.

I like Stacy King now. He was a little rough when he started. He's grown into it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:53 pm 

Nas wrote:
They have 10 guys that could start in the NBA. Most don't have 5 guys that could start sitting on their bench. I would call a roster full of starters and borderline starters a good roster. Paxson has a lot of trading chips that he should use before the season is over.

They maybe have 9 #3-#5 guys and I'll give Deng the benefit of the doubt and call him a #2 guy, but without any #1s (All-Stars) the rest of the guys don't matter. They can only have 5 guys on the court so just like last year there's hardly going to be any games where they have the best player on the court, you can't win consistently like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:13 am 

Nas wrote:
I never said this wasn't the case. Was just pointing out the Bulls have a lot of talent. They could make a major trade and not miss a beat.

They could, but they're still not going to get a #1 by trading the guys they have so they'll just be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. That being said, the bigger problem is that Paxson is still GM and he's been completely gutless/inept in trades. He may eventually get his #1 for no other reason that his getting lucky with ping pong balls.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:39 am 

Beardown wrote:
I like Stacy King now. He was a little rough when he started. He's grown into it.

"Hold it....Freeze it...Roll it..."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:06 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Nas please tell me the 10 players, because if you have Gooden,Sefalosha,and Noah as part of those ten you must be smoking some good shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:46 am 

I was impressed with how Kirk and Gordon played coming off the bench together. They combined for 33 pts, 10 dimes, and got to the line 8 times (4 each).

They turned the ball over too much and gave up a huge runs to let Milwaukee back int he game over the 2nd and 3rd quarters but closed them out well. They also did a good job defending RJeff, but were horrible against Redd which was supposed to be the reason Thabo started (and then played 11 mins)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
Hinrich looked real silly at times, like he has something to "prove" with Rose being in the starting rotation. Too many icky Hinrich "drives" around the perimeter w/o a proper dish.

Agreed on the "Rose to Thomas" call. I'm so glad the Bulls have stuck with Tyrus Thomas despite whatever rumors about lack of effort or ability.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I liked what I saw from what I watched. A good point guard is the basic building block of any good team. You start with a PG that can be a true floor general and you go from there. Rose is that guy and he's looked like it from the start.

By comparison, Scottie Pippen (as the floor general) made everyone he played with better also.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I only saw the fourth quarter (league basketball) but man what a difference between Kirk and Rose. Rose has his head up, doesn't leave his feet to make a pass, doesn't pound the ball for the first 15 seconds of the shot clock...although the Bucks were far from a worthy opponent (Redd was basically shooshting from halfcourt by the end) maybe they'll be better than I thought...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:20 am 

I'm liking the 2008 version of Tyrus Thomas. He looks like he has improved considerably; in both the preseason games I saw and last night, he was hitting that mid-range jumper with regularity. I agree with Nas that Rose is going to add a lot to his game as well.

Over-all, I was rather pleased with the Bulls last night; better than I expected, albeit in one game.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Like you guys are saying, Thomas was very impressive last night. He definitely looked more comfortable shooting and dribbling. Hopefully he can maintain the progress he appears to have made on offense. What impressed me most about his game, though, was his seemingly improved court awareness, both on offense and defense. He made some very nice passes last night and never seemed out of position on either side of the court, a problem that frequently frustrated Skiles in previous seasons. Tyrus has elite physical ability; if he continues to develop his skills and smarts, he can be a very good player.

Rose was damn impressive. Great quickness, strength and smarts. He shows all the signs of being the kind of player who makes his teammates better.

Milwaukee played very little defense last night. Their lackluster effort resembled the Bulls at the end of the Skiles era rather than the beginning of it. Have they already tuned the guy out, or have they simply not adjusted to his philosophy yet?

Hinrich is awful. I hope he gets traded before the deadline.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:13 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Rose was damn impressive. Great quickness, strength and smarts.

It's nice to see your Point Guard intercept a pass and effortlessly throw down a 2-handed dunk, that's for sure.

ETA: By the way, I think the team as a whole looks noticeably better with Rose in. They seemed to struggle finding their offensive rhythm when he wasn't in.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Rose was damn impressive. Great quickness, strength and smarts.

It's nice to see your Point Guard intercept a pass and effortlessly throw down a 2-handed dunk, that's for sure.

iirc, that was after a really weak out on Drew Gooden, and it was at that point where I was really bowled over by the guy (Rose). I don't think you'd have seen that kind of effort out of the '06 or '07 teams except out of spite.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:06 am 

Rose was good. Tyrus Thomas could come along like Tyson Chandler did with C Paul. Luol Deng will benefit the most from Rose being there imo.

And we'll all benefit from not having to watch as much of the "kirk hinrich dribble under the basket back out thru the lane ultimately ending in a bad shot with 1 second left on the shot clock" move

Also:

Vinnie Del Negro's hair made a dazzling debut.
The introductions continue to suck. (I think Voodoo Child would be perfect)
Noah continues to piss me off with his general presence.
Del Harris still looks exactly like Leslie Nielson.
Red Kerr is still alive (technically)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
rogers park bryan wrote:
Red Kerr is still alive (technically)

Yeah, every so often they poke him with a stick and tell him which quarter it is and who's winning.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Nas wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Nas please tell me the 10 players, because if you have Gooden,Sefalosha,and Noah as part of those ten you must be smoking some good shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe those 3 guys can start you must be basketball retarded.

Then I'm retarded bb style

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:38 am 

The Bulls are talented, but they don't have any stars. The NBA is a star league and we are sorely lacking them. Derrick Rose may become that.

I think we have a lot of players with value.