It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
5'10" Gordon is his leading scorer.

Yeah but hes so pathetic defensively. Dont you think Verne Troyer could probably post him up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:45 am 

May be, but to just write him off as a role player is not fair, because he's the team's leading scorer.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:02 pm 

ok how bout replace role players with #2 and #3 guys.

point is bulls need a star and paxson seems to not understand that. I wonder if it affects him that he was one of the "other" guys in the nba. Hardworking guy not the most talent. Maybe he values "high energy and high character" guys a little too much. Sometimes its just about talent. See: Shaq winning 4 titles while taking the first 4 months of the season off.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:32 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Who do you suggest are #2 and #3 guys that are available to the Bulls?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:52 pm 

RFDC wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Who do you suggest are #2 and #3 guys that are available to the Bulls?

excuse me i wasnt clear. I meant replace the term "role player" with the term "#2 guy"
or "#3 guy"

The point is Ben Gordon is not a #1 guy. They probably coulda had KG at some point and they definitely had a great shot at gettin #24 from L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
The point is Ben Gordon is not a #1 guy. They probably coulda had KG at some point and they definitely had a great shot at gettin #24 from L.A.[/quote]

If AI can be a #1 guy why not Gordon? Yes they could have gotten KG and no the Clippers don't have a #24

I'm out.

Last edited by Walt Williams Neck on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:37 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
If AI can be a #1 guy why not Gordon? Yes they coulc have gotten KG and no the Clippers don't have a #24

Because AI is more than a one dimensional shooter that can't even find his way into the starting lineup?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:06 am 

Because AI is more than a one dimensional shooter that can't even find his way into the starting lineup?[/quote]
Oh I have forgotten Iverson shoots in 3 dimensional. One more thought the only reason Thabo is starting is that Rose isn't that good of a defender!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:18 am 

The point is Ben Gordon is not a #1 guy. They probably coulda had KG at some point and they definitely had a great shot at gettin #24 from L.A

If AI can be a #1 guy why not Gordon? Yes they could have gotten KG and no the Clippers don't have a #24

Because Ben Gordon is to Allen Iverson
as
Adam Dunn is to Albert Pujols

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:28 am 

Oh I have forgotten Iverson shoots in 3 dimensional. One more thought the only reason Thabo is starting is that Rose isn't that good of a defender!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ok, let's assume that you actually understood what I meant. Allen Iverson can drive into the lane and score. Ben Gordon cannot. He's a jump shooter and that's it.

Now, let's talk about what I really meant. Ben Gordon is NOT a multi-dimensional player. He can't play defense. He can't distribute. He can't rebound.

Allen Iverson is a special talent and the only similarity between Gordon and Iverson is height.

If Ben Gordon was even comparable to Allen Iverson, he wouldn't have spent a majority of his career as a backup player.

Last edited by Brick on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:45 am 

Ben Gordon is to Allen Iverson
what
Wolfmother is to The Who

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:51 am 

[ Ok, let's assume that you actually understood what I meant. Allen Iverson can drive into the lane and score. Ben Gordon cannot. He's a jump shooter and that's it.

Now, let's talk about what I really meant. Ben Gordon is NOT a multi-dimensional player. He can't play defense. He can't distribute. He can't rebound.

Okay Mr. Condesending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7MmeqniOI&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SUNA_enUS284US284&q=ben+gordon&umiurl=http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/RV7MmeqniOI/hqdefault.jpg

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:06 am 

I'm not being condescending. I'm simply saying things that are widely accepted by most analysts that know much more than me. If he has Allen Iverson potential, then why can't he stay in the starting lineup?

That was a nice video and he has some talent, but so do many players in the NBA. To compare him to the arguably best small player in NBA history is a stretch. Ben Gordon is a player that provides scoring off the bench. That's it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:39 am 

If he has Allen Iverson potential, then why can't he stay in the starting lineup?

BM Rick
I think you are putting to much faith that these coaches and GM's know what the hell they are doing!
Jordon, Baylor,West,and Isiah to name a few.Were some of the best players I've seen play ,but as GM
they couldn't manage a Piggly-Wiggly. So maybe it will take Gordon leaving the Bulls to get a shot elsewhere to show his true potential.

I'm out.