It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bulls/Magic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:21 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Walt, you know less about the NBA than you do about the Sox.

Go play in traffic or something.

Oh great NBA sage when do you see the Bulls winning a playoff series?????

I am not a sage and never claimed to be one. But I can see very clearly that Rose is the best player on this team and they need to build around him. They are a lot closer to winning in the playoffs with him at the PG than they have been.

I am not sure what you are looking at? Would you rather them just ignore him and not let him be the team leader?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You could also add in the Heat, and the Suns.

So pretty much, the answer is good teams who have a guard as the best player.

So it's pretty much teams that don't win the Championship. Like the Celtics, Spurs and Pistons?
:?

You do know that the Heat won a championship right?

The Celtics won that finals by riding Pierce. That doesn't help your point. Pierce was the most dominant player in that series.
The Spurs have Tim Duncan who may be the best PF of all time. If the Bulls had Tim Duncan, I'd get him the ball as much as I could.
The Pistons were a great team no doubt.

You asked a question. I gave you 5 good teams that do it. The Bulls would trade places with any of those 5 teams right now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:26 pm 

Oh great NBA sage when do you see the Bulls winning a playoff series?????

Not until the team is built around him to take advantage of the game changing ability he has. Unfortunately, that means that Ben "the next Allen Iverson" Gordon and Kirk Hinrich have to go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

The Celtics won that finals by riding Pierce. That doesn't help your point. Pierce was the most dominant player in that series.

The Heat won with Shaq and Wade
The Celtics Pierce beat LA's Kobe .That doesn't help your point

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:49 pm 

So what exactly do you want them to do Walt?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I was surprised that the Bulls were even in this game, despite constantly turning the basketball over & digging 2 holes of 17 points and still having a chance to steal a road win in another arena that has been a red flag of trouble in recent years. If you were awarding moral victories, this one certainly qualifies. As it is, the Bulls are 2-2 heading to Cleveland tomorrow night in another one of those steps up in class games. It'll also be a WCIU game, and if I'm not mistaken, the Bulls didn't win 1 of the 8 games Channel 26 had last season... :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:59 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You could also add in the Heat, and the Suns.

So pretty much, the answer is good teams who have a guard as the best player.

So it's pretty much teams that don't win the Championship. Like the Celtics, Spurs and Pistons?
:?

Belive PG Chauncey Billups was finals MVP for the Pistons.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:06 pm 

The Heat won with Shaq and Wade
The Celtics Pierce beat LA's Kobe .That doesn't help your point

Wade was the best player in that series and was given the ball constantly to make plays. It was a clear strategy to give it to him as much as was possible.
Look at the Lakers-Celtics series. The Lakers were the favorites going in to that series. The difference turned out to be that Pierce was the best player and made play after play. The Celtics got him the ball as much as they could and they dominated.

Let me explain how the NBA works since you don't seem to get my point.
It's not really a team game. It's a battle to take advantage of mismatches. The best teams 1-10 rarely win. The team with the best 2 out of 3 players wins. You get the ball in the hand of your best player as much as you can. If he gets double teamed then your second best player takes over.

Derrick Rose is not only going to be our best player(if he isn't already there) but he's also our best distributor. That's why he needs to have the ball in his hands as much as possible. The difference between the top teams and the average teams is that one player that is clearly better than his defender. Derrick Rose is the only player on the team with that type of ability.

Also, please somehow find a way to put quotes into your posts. It's very confusing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:19 pm 

So Let me see you want your 5 best players on the court????? Then why is Thabo starting???
Why not get rid of all these other sure miss players and say we are rebuilding??? Is that hard to do?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:25 pm 

So Let me see you want your 5 best players on the court????? Then why is Thabo starting???
Why not get rid of all these other sure miss players and say we are rebuilding??? Is that hard to do?

I would have no problem with that. It is my hope that Gordon and Hinrich are both gone by the trade deadline.

I don't know why Thabo is starting but I can only assume because he has been evaluated as a more complete player than any other guard and he gives us the best chance to win.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:38 pm 

Bulls.com columnist Sam Smith mentioned something on the team's Web site about trading Kirk Hinrich away, but haven't had a chance to see it myself. With the crowded backcourt, you'd have to think that Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Thabo Sefolosha & Larry Hughes, once he comes back from his shoulder injury, are all expendable and can be moved. I'm not sure if the Bulls would have to eat some of Larry & Kirk's salary to pull it off...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:59 pm 

Let's get rid of Deng and Tyrus too!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:03 pm 

Tyrus Thomas has made great strides this year and can be a valuable member of the future team. He's going to be a poor man's Tyson Chandler.

Luol Deng is very good but not great player. He will be a solid starter and a great third option.

Those two players have obvious roles in a Derrick Rose offense.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:04 pm 

I think Luol Deng will snap out of his early season funk...Head coach Vinny Del Negro doesn't seem too concerned with Deng's struggles at this point, and right now, he's trying to adjust to the team's new up tempo style. Let's hope it starts at the "Q" in Cleveland tomorrow night...Tyrus Thomas seems to have improved and playing much harder than when Scott Skiles was calling the shots...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[
Derrick Rose is not only going to be our best player(if he isn't already there) but he's also our best distributor. That's why he needs to have the ball in his hands as much as possible. The difference between the top teams and the average teams is that one player that is clearly better than his defender. Derrick Rose is the only player on the team with that type of ability.

I agree 100%, Rick. Additioally, when you consider that both Hinrich and Gordon are much better as catch-and-shoot guys than they are as penetrators, it simply doesn't make sense for either guy to be the primary ballhandler, especially in game-deciding scenarios. Every time Gordon or Hinrich plays lead guard, the offense becomes static and ineffective.

...By the way, weren't the Bulls championship squads another one of those "give him the ball and get out of the way" teams? I seem to remember Michael Jordan being kind of important to their offense...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:09 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[

I agree 100%, Rick. Additioally, when you consider that both Hinrich and Gordon are much better as catch-and-shoot guys than they are as penetrators, it simply doesn't make sense for either guy to be the primary ballhandler, especially in game-deciding scenarios. Every time Gordon or Hinrich plays lead guard, the offense becomes static and ineffective.

...By the way, weren't the Bulls championship squads another one of those "give him the ball and get out of the way" teams? I seem to remember Michael Jordan being kind of important to their offense...

This is what I can not get! The comparison to MJ, Kobe with Derek Rose. Please don't make yourselves look foolish!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:14 pm 

Walt, once again, what exactly is it you want them to do?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[

This is what I can not get! The comparison to MJ, Kobe with Derek Rose. Please don't make yourselves look foolish!

I didn't compare Rose to MJ. Rather, to counter your argument that teams with "give him the ball and get out of the way" offenses don't win championships, I cited the Bulls dynasty as the most prominent example to the contrary.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
if Paxon is really honest with himself, he can get rid of Deng too. I know he's a third option, but he's not a good defender, can't get his own shot and thrives on a midlevel jumper. Way way way too many jumpshooters on this team. Hinrich (sure he's been hot lately) Gordon, Deng, Gooden...the only non-jump shooters are awful in their own right (Clown Boy, Grey). Even Thomas has become a jump shooter sometimes. Charles Barkley had it right...you'll never win with a buncha jump shooters. Rose is the ONLY positive step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
if Paxon is really honest with himself, he can get rid of Deng too. I know he's a third option, but he's not a good defender, can't get his own shot and thrives on a midlevel jumper. Way way way too many jumpshooters on this team. Hinrich (sure he's been hot lately) Gordon, Deng, Gooden...the only non-jump shooters are awful in their own right (Clown Boy, Grey). Even Thomas has become a jump shooter sometimes. Charles Barkley had it right...you'll never win with a buncha jump shooters. Rose is the ONLY positive step in the right direction.

Agreed.

I still think Paxson's best play over the summer would've been to trade whatever Riley wanted for Beasley. Beasley's diverse offensive game combined with Rose's dynamic ballhandling could've been the foundation for a very nice team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:13 pm 

would have been nice but I doubt Riley wanted any of the parts...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
would have been nice but I doubt Riley wanted any of the parts...

You're probably right, although reports surface from time to time that he loves Hinrich and likes Deng a lot, too...Plus he supposedly had to be "talked into" picking Beasley.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:42 pm 

Rose...I'm convinced...Beasly, not so much...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:56 pm 

RFDC wrote:

All right I will make everyone happy! Give Rose the ball everytime and get the hell outta the way!Get rid of Gordon he is the worst baskeball player ever! The Bulls are the richest in talent of any team in the NBA. I will sit back and just see a star take this team to the playoffs and finals. I guess none of you have heard of Voltaire!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:20 pm 

RFDC wrote:

All right I will make everyone happy! Give Rose the ball everytime and get the hell outta the way!Get rid of Gordon he is the worst baskeball player ever! The Bulls are the richest in talent of any team in the NBA. I will sit back and just see a star take this team to the playoffs and finals. I guess none of you have heard of Voltaire!

You are a moron.

Some of us have tried to discuss this with you and all you want to do is throw stones at our thoughts and when you are given an opportunity to share what you would like them to do, you just piss down your leg.

So I give up. You are and will forever be a moron.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:04 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Tyrus Thomas has made great strides this year and can be a valuable member of the future team. He's going to be a poor man's Tyson Chandler.

Luol Deng is very good but not great player. He will be a solid starter and a great third option.

Those two players have obvious roles in a Derrick Rose offense.

I haven't seen the so called strides Thomas has made and Deng is just ordinary.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:05 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Thats a pretty low ceiling for thomas. I hope offensively he passes Chandler and actually overall. If hes gonna be a poor mans Tyson Chandler hes a bust.
I think he can be better than that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:11 pm 

SIDE NOTE I saw Neil Funk for the first time ever last night. He actually looks like his voice would indicate...except for the gobs of soul glo or motor oil that he puts on his remaining follicles
Never have I seen such a shiny haired white man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:40 pm 

RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You are a moron.

Some of us have tried to discuss this with you and all you want to do is throw stones at our thoughts and when you are given an opportunity to share what you would like them to do, you just piss down your leg.

So I give up. You are and will forever be a moron.

You and a few others don't know shit ABOUT BASKETBALL.Piss up a rope you are Frank C? Maybe because after 5 NBA games Derek Rose is the Best Point guard and will take them to the next level. Unless you have players that compliment him they wouldn't do anything!Look at Boston before they got KG and ray Allen they couldn't even make the playoffs(with Pierce) . You talk a big hoop game but don't know shit as a few others here . Yeah Derek Rose 20 and 8 and win by 5. Not bad .....they lost and if you are just worried about what Rose does you are an idiot. And you must have played in traffic because you seem to landed on your head a couple of times!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:46 pm 

Once again you do not share anything that says what you actually want them to do. . .

You got nothing, and never will.

Frank Coztansa wrote: