It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I was never a fan of Jerry Krause, but he did a few things very well.

1. If you are going to have guys that don't play much, that will be 10th, 11th or 12th players, get some SIZE! Krause always went with the "you can't teach size".

2. He said nothing. He never once said anything that would lead you think he is not happy with a player. EVER. Thus maximized trade values. Too bad he never realized that value.

Paxson, on the other hand.

1. Looks for Skilled, athletic guys. Aaron Gray is his only Size guy he has ever had here. This bullshit "CORE" is a great 3 on 3 tourney team and thats it.

2. I really question Paxsons ability to judge NBA talent. From his many poor high draft picks to his claim that he made a better offer to Minnesota for K Garnett ? Which would mean he thinks he has a player on his team today better than Al Jefferson? That is a HUGE issue.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I think Paxson's sucked for a long time and even though I'd prefer if the Bulls were good I can at least take some satisfaction in knowing Paxson lucking into the #1 pick isn't going to save his job if the Bulls continue to suck as bad as they do.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
KDdidit wrote:
Paxson lucking into the #1 pick isn't going to save his job if the Bulls continue to suck as bad as they do.

Paxson's job will never be in jeopardy because he will never be fired. He'll be the GM until he decides to step down.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Agreed. Which is a shame because I don't see the Bulls making the Finals, let alone winning a title under Pax. They're almost at the stage where they need to start rebuilding again.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:24 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Paxson lucking into the #1 pick isn't going to save his job if the Bulls continue to suck as bad as they do.

Paxson's job will never be in jeopardy because he will never be fired. He'll be the GM until he decides to step down.

He's part of Jerry's family right? Does he have Pete Myers\Greg Walker status?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas, I know you think you are never wrong, but please tell me outside of Rose, what is Championship caliber about this team? They have clearly regressed over the past couple of seasons. Even in a horrible Eastern Conference, this team is the 8th seed at best, and is even further away from title. Paxson did great getting them out of the NBA cellar. But he has wiffed on several opprtunities to bring them to a level above mediocrity.

Since you always take every chance you get to make me feel like the stupidest guy on the board, please explain to me, other than a lucky bounce of a ping-pong ball, what have the Bulls done to move closer to a Championship.

Deng, Gordon, Noc, Noah, they may all be very nice players, and in the right situation be near all star caliber, but not on the Bulls. The one thing that has been clear over the past 3 seasons is that this team cannot win an NBA title the way they are currently conscructed. IF knowing this makes me a meatball, what in the hell does that make you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:20 pm 

Winning the lottery is forcing the Buww and Packson to rebuild instead of rearranging chairs on the titanic that is his roster barring Rose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Winning the lottery is forcing the Buww and Packson to rebuild instead of rearranging chairs on the titanic that is his roster barring Rose

Thank you. I am by no means a big NBA fan, but it does not take a brain surgeon to see that this team has fallen so far from a title after being relatively close its not even funny.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:39 pm 

Aaron Gray is bringing the dynasty back to Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Getting lottery picks is not the answer ie. the Clippers. Gasol and Garnett weren't traded for.
The Bulls need a big man that can score and rebound ,not stiffs like Gray,Noah and Thomas.For that matter Gooden doesn't do it either. Paxson needs to get some players and don't even think about Lebron that just isn't going to happen.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:16 pm 

What this team needs is one more big athletic guy that cant score.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:18 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

But he can jump out the gym!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:23 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

What about undersized guards that can't shoot?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
While John Paxson was able to get rid of some really bad contracts & the rotten smell Bulls' GM Jerry Krause left behind when he took over, what angers so many Bulls' fans is that "Pax" is very reluctant to trade some of his high draft picks for veterans like Kevin Garnett, Pau Gasol & even Kobe Bryant when they were available. While I can't necessarily blame "Pax" for being unable to land Kobe, the Lakers' star seemed to control the shots & exercised his no-trade clause killing any chance of him coming here. As for Gasol, we saw firsthand what the Bulls are sorely lacking in the frontcourt in the Lakers' win Tuesday night. As for Garnett, what did the T-Wolves offer the Celtics that the Bulls didn't? I'm sure Bulls' fans everywhere are wondering why he's now an NBA World Champion with the Celtics instead of being here... While it appears as if Paxson finally got it right with Derrick Rose, I'm not sure if John has the guts to pull the trigger on a big deal, especially if Uncle Jerry is reluctant to pay the luxury tax...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas,

1. This roster may be young age wise, but as far as years in the NBA goes, they aren't. These guys have been in Chicago 3, 4, 5 years. Thats not young anymore. Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton are not young QBs. To say this is a young team is a copout.

2. This is not the same Bulls team that beat the Heat. Shit, this is not even the same team that lost to the Wizards. Sure Heinrich and Gordon and some of the guys are still around at the core, but that may have been thier peak. They have not taken one step forward since then, but taken many backward. The only positive thing Paxson has done since then is reap the benefits of a lucky ping pong ball.

3. When 38, 39, 41 wins can get you into the playoffs, the conference overall is not that good. One or 2 powerhouse teams does not make the conference great. 41-41 will likely make the playoffs this season. An 8-8 Bears or Packers team might end up winning the division. Does that mean the the NFC North is good? Fuck no.

4. Do I know FOR SURE if this team will win a title under Pax? Of course not. Do I see anything that Pax is doing that leads me to believe he can put a Championship caliber team on the court? Of course not. Not since beating the Heat a couple years back. Its clear to everybody (well, everybody except maybe you and John Paxon) that this Bulls team cannot win it all with the roster they currently have, and that the core guys here have probably maxed out thier potential.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:08 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas,

1. This roster may be young age wise, but as far as years in the NBA goes, they aren't. These guys have been in Chicago 3, 4, 5 years. Thats not young anymore. Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton are not young QBs. To say this is a young team is a copout.

4. Do I know FOR SURE if this team will win a title under Pax? Of course not. Do I see anything that Pax is doing that leads me to believe he can put a Championship caliber team on the court? Of course not. Not since beating the Heat a couple years back. Its clear to everybody (well, everybody except maybe you and John Paxon) that this Bulls team cannot win it all with the roster they currently have, and that the core guys here have probably maxed out thier potential.

Frank 3,4,5 years in the NBA is young considering most of theses players leave Sophomore year in college. Their potential hasn't maxed out maybe a change of scenery or chemistry will or will not help these players. Chandler is better with the Hornets whereas Curry still sucks as a Knick.Chemistry is a key in the NBA Lebron still might not have the right pieces around him!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Nas vs Frank.....I like this....Frank, don't back down to that dude.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

Point taken, Walt. That does apply to the Chandler's, Curry's, and LeBron James of the world. But not the guys the Bulls have. The core guys (Heinrich, Deng, Gordon) all spent time at college (with good bball programs mind you), and even played for a Nat'l title or played deep into the tourney.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:27 pm 

spmack wrote:
Nas vs Frank.....I like this....Frank, don't back down to that dude.

:lol:

Frank is not a big NBA guy, but that never stopped him.

Good stuff.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

FUck, I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about the NBA. I do casually follow the Bulls though, and everything I said about them is pretty close to correct yeah?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Now, I actually do know nothing about the NBA, and I'm amazed at the devaluation of Deng, Gordon and Capt Kirk. And I'm thinking to myself, "these guys were considered good." So good, in fact, that Pax wouldn't trade them for Kobe. And I wonder, "what happened?"

And then I listen to guys like Bernsie, and it's like, "nah, they were never good," and I'm like "huh?"

Mind you, I don't watch the games. Watching b-ball without Jordan playing has always been painful (which qualifies me as a rube, but I admit that up-front.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:53 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Coaching/GM cliches like that one make me want to puke. The same goes for when Lovie says "We get off the bus running". If I was ever in the same room as him and that was an answer to a question, I would slug him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:10 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Coaching/GM cliches like that one make me want to puke. The same goes for when Lovie says "We get off the bus running". If I was ever in the same room as him and that was an answer to a question, I would slug him.

D'bag your motor is always running

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:12 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I almost forgot you're a gym rat

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

What would lead anybody to believe that Pax could rebuild this team into a contender? He's like Skiles, will bring you back from the dead but not take you to the promise land.

Take a look at his most recent moves to make this team a contender. Falling in love with Noah. Trading Tyrus for Aldridge. Getting rid of Chandler to bring in Wallace. The move was also done to make Skiles happy and now Wallace and Skiles are both gone and Chandler would be great for this team. He over valued Deng and Gordon, paid way to much for Hinrich and the coaching search was an embarrassment to say the least.

At this point he needs to trade Gordon just so he can get something in return, Gordon will be gone at the end of the year. Trade Deng for a massive expiring contract. The Bulls can tank this season, hopefully get a Top 5 pick and have plenty of cap space open to make a move for Bosh in two years. I know this last part might be a little to video gamey.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:29 pm 

I would like to see the Bulls do one of two things:

1. Go to Dallas and offer whatever combination of players minus Rose that it would take to get Dirk. Cuban may not be willing to part with the big German, but it is at least worth looking into. I would think some combination of Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, Noah, Thabo and Thomas would possibly interest them.

2. Do whatever is needed to get Bosh either through a trade or when he becomes a FA. He is a young star, and you put him with Rose and you have a combo that could win some titles in the next 10 years.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas, if Paxson holds all the chips, and his team is a mere one trade away from being a legit contender as you say, and apparently all these teams would love to have the young talent the Bulls have, why didn't he pull the trigger on Gasol or the rumored Kobe deal? Why hasn't he pulled the trigger on the any deal? And don't give me the Ben Wallace trade because he was sort of a bust here and leave. But no blockbuster? Oh thats right, because he didn't want to part ways with the great Luol Deng. Now don't get me wrong, Deng is a nice player, but hardly the superstar that the Bulls covet.

If guys like Gordon, Deng, Heinrich, etc are yet to reach thier prime, why are they regressing? Maybe not Deng so much, but certainly Gordon and Kirk are no better now than they were vs. the Heat or the Wiz..Bullets.

Chandler did not have the will to work when he was here. That can be at least somewhat corrected with coaching, as can that dreaded money issue. But instead Pax has dealt with Jim Boylan and Vinny DelNegro over the past year. Sure, Vinny's got some experienced assts. on the bench, but a 1st time coach is hardly the guy you want coaching a team like this.

Agree to disagree I suppose, I just do not see how this team is one guy away from a championship. Maybe Kobe excepted, but apparently they had a chance to get him here and it fell thru. This is a team that won, what 34 games last season? And went thru 2 coaches. Pax's big move was a rookie coach and lucking out in the draft. They have basically the same personel this year. Rose is going to be a stud for many years, but he is not the caliber of player right now that is going to add 15 or 20 wins to this team.

This is actually the perfect timing for bigfan to swoop in and bash Jerry. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Paxson did a great sell job on this "Core" bullshit to ownership. Not sure Reinsdorf was sold on it, but he went to back the guy he hired. When Gordon turned down the money Reinsdorf didn't even want to give him, that was the end of Paxsons rule and that is when Reinsdorf stepped in for the Head Coach search. This gave Paxson another 5 years minimum, which is when I predict Jerry will retire as chairman of the Bulls. They dont take as much time to run, they dont have spring training in Florida next to his new Mansion etc. It's not his first love, but he will give it up and strictly be a baseball guy, at least in the official capacity.