It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:29 pm 

I would like to see the Bulls do one of two things:

1. Go to Dallas and offer whatever combination of players minus Rose that it would take to get Dirk. Cuban may not be willing to part with the big German, but it is at least worth looking into. I would think some combination of Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, Noah, Thabo and Thomas would possibly interest them.

2. Do whatever is needed to get Bosh either through a trade or when he becomes a FA. He is a young star, and you put him with Rose and you have a combo that could win some titles in the next 10 years.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas, if Paxson holds all the chips, and his team is a mere one trade away from being a legit contender as you say, and apparently all these teams would love to have the young talent the Bulls have, why didn't he pull the trigger on Gasol or the rumored Kobe deal? Why hasn't he pulled the trigger on the any deal? And don't give me the Ben Wallace trade because he was sort of a bust here and leave. But no blockbuster? Oh thats right, because he didn't want to part ways with the great Luol Deng. Now don't get me wrong, Deng is a nice player, but hardly the superstar that the Bulls covet.

If guys like Gordon, Deng, Heinrich, etc are yet to reach thier prime, why are they regressing? Maybe not Deng so much, but certainly Gordon and Kirk are no better now than they were vs. the Heat or the Wiz..Bullets.

Chandler did not have the will to work when he was here. That can be at least somewhat corrected with coaching, as can that dreaded money issue. But instead Pax has dealt with Jim Boylan and Vinny DelNegro over the past year. Sure, Vinny's got some experienced assts. on the bench, but a 1st time coach is hardly the guy you want coaching a team like this.

Agree to disagree I suppose, I just do not see how this team is one guy away from a championship. Maybe Kobe excepted, but apparently they had a chance to get him here and it fell thru. This is a team that won, what 34 games last season? And went thru 2 coaches. Pax's big move was a rookie coach and lucking out in the draft. They have basically the same personel this year. Rose is going to be a stud for many years, but he is not the caliber of player right now that is going to add 15 or 20 wins to this team.

This is actually the perfect timing for bigfan to swoop in and bash Jerry. :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Paxson did a great sell job on this "Core" bullshit to ownership. Not sure Reinsdorf was sold on it, but he went to back the guy he hired. When Gordon turned down the money Reinsdorf didn't even want to give him, that was the end of Paxsons rule and that is when Reinsdorf stepped in for the Head Coach search. This gave Paxson another 5 years minimum, which is when I predict Jerry will retire as chairman of the Bulls. They dont take as much time to run, they dont have spring training in Florida next to his new Mansion etc. It's not his first love, but he will give it up and strictly be a baseball guy, at least in the official capacity.