It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bulls/Wizards
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Is watching Rose worth the rest of the fecal matter they put on the floor?

I'm out.

Post subject: Re: Bulls/Wizards
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:05 am 

Good game tonight - came down to the fact that the Bulls moved the ball to get the open shot rather than the guards trying to create without passing and shot lights out after that. I think the team passed the 30 assist mark tonight. Rose with a ho hum 15 and 8. 6 in double figures.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:20 am 

Nas wrote:
Looks like the real Deng is coming back. If he can play at his normal level and Rose continues to improve the Bulls will be a playoff team. That Wallace trade was a steal. Gooden is giving the Bulls something they haven't had since Grant was here and Hughes is a taller Gordon.

Did anyone notice how bad Johnny Kerr looked tonight?

I actually commented on Kerr tonight to the Mrs. He looked like death warmed over. Funk didn't have the best of nights either. One particular Washington possession comes to mind where Songalia took an 18 footer from the L and Funk called it a 3 and then asked Stacey 'they called that a 2?'

As for the Bulls, these are the teams they are supposed to beat. Would like to see this consistency more. Also, the next time I see Gooden take that fallaway from 15+ feet, I want to strangle him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:27 am 

I chuckled at the small Ben Gordon doing that. That was pretty funny. That dude on Washington who started at the center was quick as hell at blocking shots early. McGee I think it was. He had 3 blocks in the first 2 minutes including 2 on Rose. I didn't see much of him after that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:29 am 

Nas wrote:
He had like 4 blocks in 5 mins. He was all over the court. I was really surprised he spent pretty much the rest of the game on the bench.

The simple fact was he had no clue on the offensive end. He set some poor screens and really looked out of it on offense. When Songalia and Blache came in, you could tell the offense was running smoother.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
The newest Riles mults?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:10 am 

Nas wrote:
Gooden is giving the Bulls something they haven't had since Grant was here

What does Gooden give the Bulls that Elton Brand didnt?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:

Super cool facial hair?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:21 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:

A power forward with bad shot selection?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:27 am 

Nas wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:

A better outside jump shot? Good catch. Somehow I forgot about Brand. :oops:

The Brand chapter is often forgotten cuz people just remember how terrible they were back then. I remember going to that shitty bar above S.I.A. (upstairs lounge at the time) the night Brand got traded for Chandler. Everyone thought it was soooo crazy. Everyone was right. That trade might be the most non sensical (not 1 logical reason) deal ever.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:44 am 

Logic: Ok Jerry so we can get this kid Curry and Elton can mentor him. Show him how to jump, play d, and not have a car fail the emission tests when your a millionaire.

Sloth
: But have you seen this Chandeleir guy? He's Long!!!!

Logic: Jerry we used the #1 overall on a pf...and hes very good. Why do we need another one?

Sloth
: What if Elton was nt around anymore?

Logic: Not around anymore what do you mean Jerry your starting to...(shot, shot, shot)

Sloth(holding a gun): Shut up. I didnt need you when I won 6 titles and I dont need you know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:58 am 

If you remember back to that time, the real reason they traded Brand was that Falk was positioning Brand to leave via free agency. Krause took a good offer but just selected the wrong pair with those picks. To think they could have had any of the following players: J Rich, Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson, R Jeff, Tony Parker, Gilbert Arenas makes it feel worse. Considering they took Marcus Fizer with the 4th pick the year before, picking two more post players didn't make much sense.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:08 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
If you remember back to that time, the real reason they traded Brand was that Falk was positioning Brand to leave via free agency.

So you trade your best player because his agent (much like all agents) wants him to test free agency?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:17 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
If you remember back to that time, the real reason they traded Brand was that Falk was positioning Brand to leave via free agency.

So you trade your best player because his agent (much like all agents) wants him to test free agency?

Players becoming free agents is one of the major reasons why trades happen. You'd rather get something now rather than nothing in a few months.

It's also why Ben Gordon won't be a Bull at the end of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:18 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Players becoming free agents is one of the major reasons why trades happen. You'd rather get something now rather than nothing in a few months.

But were the Bulls in the position to get nothing? Was Brands deal up that year I dont think it was.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:41 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

But were the Bulls in the position to get nothing? Was Brands deal up that year I dont think it was.

I don't remember the specifics at the time, but I thought Falk was pushing for Brand to not sign the 4th year extension or something of the like. Krause took a gamble that Chandler/Curry would be able to fill in for Brand and that they would be better long term.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:43 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

It's also why Ben Gordon won't be a Bull at the end of the year.

Speaking to this point, has anyone helped their trade value more recently than Ben Gordon? He's playing combo 1/2, averaging almost 4 APG which is above his lifetime average, shooting slightly above his average and getting over 20 a game. Someone will want him up for a playoff approach.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:49 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Speaking to this point, has anyone helped their trade value more recently than Ben Gordon? He's playing combo 1/2, averaging almost 4 APG which is above his lifetime average, shooting slightly above his average and getting over 20 a game. Someone will want him up for a playoff approach.

There will be a team out there that believes they can make him a starter. They'll be wrong but that's good for the Bulls.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:52 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

There will be a team out there that believes they can make him a starter. They'll be wrong but that's good for the Bulls.

Yep, either a starter or a Manu type player that gets 35 mins off the bench.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:53 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

He can be a shitty starter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:00 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

He can be a shitty starter

So can most of the Bulls.