It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bulls/Nets
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Gooden and Deng both out again. Double digit loses. What will happen 1st the Bulls win or the Haws lose??????? As Rose goes so goes...............

I'm out.

Post subject: Re: Bulls/Nets
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Im curious to see if Harris and Vince combine to drop 70 on us. The Bulls play pathetic defense. Im not sure this is Our Coach Vinny's fault, but Im certainly not overly impressed with his coaching in the few games Ive seen.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
FavreFan wrote:
Im curious to see if Harris and Vince combine to drop 70 on us. The Bulls play pathetic defense. Im not sure this is Our Coach Vinny's fault, but Im certainly not overly impressed with his coaching in the few games Ive seen.

Skiles got this same group of players to be very good defensively for multiple seasons. Their current lack of defensive commitment surely must at least partially reflect on his skills as a coach.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:24 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Skiles got this same group of players to be very good defensively for multiple seasons. Their current lack of defensive commitment surely must at least partially reflect on his skills as a coach.

I agree to an extent, but the only reason Im not putting the full blame on Vinny is because over the past season or two you could already see them drastically regressing in terms of effort/defense. Also Boylan was one of the most overmatched coaches Ive seen in the league probably since Mike Montgomery. Having him for most of a season added to the decline. I just want Ben Gordon out of Chicago. He is clearly a me-first, no defense gunner whos trying to get his stats so he can get paid somewhere else after the season. Hughes is also terrible, I hate when they are in the game. Sefalosha doesnt have alot of talent but at least he plays team ball and tries on defense. Id rather see him in more than them.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I agree to an extent, but the only reason Im not putting the full blame on Vinny is because over the past season or two you could already see them drastically regressing in terms of effort/defense. Also Boylan was one of the most overmatched coaches Ive seen in the league probably since Mike Montgomery. Having him for most of a season added to the decline. I just want Ben Gordon out of Chicago. He is clearly a me-first, no defense gunner whos trying to get his stats so he can get paid somewhere else after the season. Hughes is also terrible, I hate when they are in the game. Sefalosha doesnt have alot of talent but at least he plays team ball and tries on defense. Id rather see him in more than them.

Just a question FF,how are they going to replace his 20 points per night???????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

New Jersey is a bad home team. That being said, I'd expect them to win, but think this game will be close.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:59 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:

By getting a SG that doesnt give up 25 ppg a night and creates plays for others.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:05 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

By getting a SG that doesnt give up 25 ppg a night and creates plays for others.

See thats not an answer to the question............... who!!He's also 2nd on the team in assists

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Sefalosha has been put so far on the end of the bench, a meesenger has to get him Gatorade!!! (Another horseshit Pax move!)

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

See thats not an answer to the question............... who!!He's also 2nd on the team in assists

That doesnt really mean a whole lot. He's selfish as hell, whenever he gets the ball it's like a black hole for the offense and any type of ball movement. He's not a good enough scorer to be able to do things like that a la Iverson in his prime. His lack of defense is obviously one of the biggest detractions to this team. Also I did answer your question... you dont need to replace his 20 ppg if you get a starting SG big enough and capable enough to not consistently make the other team's SG look like the Iceman Gervin in his prime.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:58 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The Bulls actually won the game tonight, fans! Despite not having both starting forwards due to injury in Deng & Gooden, Ben Gordon & Derrick Rose combined for 45 points, while Andres Nocioni & Larry Hughes each had 17 off the bench in the Bulls' 100-87 win at New Jersey tonight. Rose had 21 with 13 assists, a season high, as the Bulls won for only the fourth time away from United Center this season.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:10 am 

Perfect example tonight. Ben scores 24, him and Hughes play relatively decent offensively. Vince still did whatever he wanted all night long, and if he felt like giving effort, which he clearly didnt, could have dropped 40-50. Thats always been Vinces problem. Just imagine this guys career arc if he was born with the competitiveness of Kobe. Devin had a slow start but we couldnt guard him after the first quarter either. We need a big defensive guard so bad its ridiculous. Noah played alright tonight but clearly is not improving after an ok rookie season. This team needs a shitload of changes and Pax is too much of a pussy to do it and unfortunately the Rose pick probably saved his job for 2-3 more seasons.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:02 am 

Bulls win by 13 and Gordon let Vince have his way with him?????????????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 am 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:salut:

Please give me a name!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
This team is so much better with Rose leading the offense than it was with Craptain Kirk. I'm not a Kirk hater but he's fucking terrible and I wish he were dead.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I never thought I'd ever see Mike Montgomery's name again, thanks FF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
there are three divisions on this team of players:

Rose

the hot/cold jump shooters: Deng, Noc, Hinrich, Gordon, Gooden, Hughes, Hunter...

the really really bad: Noah, White Panther, Sef, Simmons...

That's a whole team of bad. Making the playoffs will be a minor miracle.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:58 am 

City of Fools wrote:
there are three divisions on this team of players:

Rose

the hot/cold jump shooters: Deng, Noc, Hinrich, Gordon, Gooden, Hughes, Hunter...

the really really bad: Noah, White Panther, Sef, Simmons...

That's a whole team of bad. Making the playoffs will be a minor miracle.

Tyrus needs to be added to the really really bad category.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:59 am 

I'm fine with Gordon, with one qualification: they have to stop giving this guy the ball around half-court. He gets his pocket picked far too often. Gordon is a jump-shooter who should drive to the basket on occasion, and that's it. Love watching him chuck it up though; that motherfucker can shoot.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:01 am 

Bagels wrote:
I never thought I'd ever see Mike Montgomery's name again, thanks FF

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:20 am 

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:salut:

The Bulls need a 7 foot center that averages a double/double and 4 blocks a nite :?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:40 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Perfect example tonight. Ben scores 24, him and Hughes play relatively decent offensively. Vince still did whatever he wanted all night long, and if he felt like giving effort, which he clearly didnt, could have dropped 40-50. Thats always been Vinces problem. Just imagine this guys career arc if he was born with the competitiveness of Kobe. Devin had a slow start but we couldnt guard him after the first quarter either. We need a big defensive guard so bad its ridiculous. Noah played alright tonight but clearly is not improving after an ok rookie season. This team needs a shitload of changes and Pax is too much of a pussy to do it and unfortunately the Rose pick probably saved his job for 2-3 more seasons.

Did you even watch the game?? Sefolosha started on Carter, Hughes played the majority of the minutes on Carter. Nocioni played some of the 4th quarter on Carter. Gordon was guarding Simmons most of the game. Last time the two teams played in Chicago, Deng was on Carter, Gordon was on Simmons. Gordon has been 2nd and at times the best Bulls player this season. Gordon is the least of the problems, the problems starts and ends with the putrid frontcourt.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:42 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Also I did answer your question... you dont need to replace his 20 ppg if you get a starting SG big enough and capable enough to not consistently make the other team's SG look like the Iceman Gervin in his prime.

List the shooting guards who have lit Gordon up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:02 am 

richard wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Did you even watch the game?? Sefolosha started on Carter, Hughes played the majority of the minutes on Carter. Nocioni played some of the 4th quarter on Carter. Gordon was guarding Simmons most of the game. Last time the two teams played in Chicago, Deng was on Carter, Gordon was on Simmons. Gordon has been 2nd and at times the best Bulls player this season. Gordon is the least of the problems, the problems starts and ends with the putrid frontcourt.

Finally a man who knows hoops!!!!!!
:cheers:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:47 pm 

richard wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What game were you watching? Hughes and Gordon were guarding VC, Gordon rarely guarded Simmons. Noc was guarding Simmons most of the time when he was out there. Thabo I think started on VC but definitely wasnt guarding him most of the game.

Ben Gordon is not a valuable asset to this team, if you think he is you must value box scores over basketball common sense.

To rock my soul