It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Reports Captain Kirk will get traded for a big man!!!!!! Do you trust Pax getting the RIGHT guy????? The last big man he got was Ben Wallace and how did that work out????? Let's call this a rebuilding year and get rid of some other crap on this team!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:49 am 
1000 CLUB

If they trade Kirk, all they will get is a servicable big man, which would help some as a rotation player, but it's not going to change this team. No team is going to trade a difference maker for Hinrich, who doesn't have a position in the backcourt that he clearly is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:37 pm 

If they move Kirk, they should move him for somebody who's contract expires after next year. That way they would have two big contracts coming off the books (Hughes being the other one). While their at it, move Gooden's expiring deal for a 2010 contract. That would give them enough room to sign two top free agents to play with Rose. Pipe Dream? You bet. But they aren't competing with what they have now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:29 pm 

Who is "reporting" this?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:39 pm 

Good, I hope it happens. Something has got to change with this team and quickly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:29 pm 

Nas wrote:
Trading Hinrich in order to dump his contract is not smart IMO. He has a cap friendly contract and is locked up for a few more years. If he is traded in a package to get a quality player I don't have a problem with that but dumping him or bringing in another serviceable big is not smart. The point of collecting all of these chips is to trade them not dump them for PJ Brown's and Howard Eisley's.

Hinrich isn't talented, serviceable, special, paid commensurate with his abilities nor particularly useful. He's too slow for point guard, too short/poor shoot-y for off guard. He makes poor and plodding decisions, he doesn't have anything that passes for quick feet or basketball intelligence. He doesn't even seem to have the leadership(future coaching) abilities that a slow, plodding doormat of a player that is a fan favorite is normally credited with.

A bag of balls or just an expiring contract in return...please, quickly?

And Pax being fired/retired before the next round of personnel would help as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
Bulldog Scott wrote:
If they move Kirk, they should move him for somebody who's contract expires after next year. That way they would have two big contracts coming off the books (Hughes being the other one). While their at it, move Gooden's expiring deal for a 2010 contract. That would give them enough room to sign two top free agents to play with Rose. Pipe Dream? You bet. But they aren't competing with what they have now.

100% backed. These are the kind of moves this team needs to get stronger over the next few seasons.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:37 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Who is "reporting" this?

Do you read anything ,but this fuckin' board????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:51 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Who is "reporting" this?

If there is one thing I have learned in my time on this board it is that you are a moron and an asswipe. Not just any moron and asswipe mind you, but a moron and asswipe that most of the time is clueless about which he is speaking. Thus, you are a clueless moron and asswipe.

So I considered the source of the thread and asked an appropriate question.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:59 pm 

RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Who is "reporting" this?

If there is one thing I have learned in my time on this board it is that you are a moron and an asswipe. Not just any moron and asswipe mind you, but a moron and asswipe that most of the time is clueless about which he is speaking. Thus, you are a clueless moron and asswipe.

So I considered the source of the thread and asked an appropriate question.

You bring nothing at all!!!! Keep calling me a moron and asswipe that proves your point! do it again ............LOSER

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:00 pm 

You bring nothing at all!!!! Keep calling me a moron and asswipe that proves your point! do it again ............LOSER

You just did, thanks. 8)

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:06 pm 

RFDC wrote:

You just did, thanks. 8)

What a jag! 8)

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:51 pm 

Nas wrote:
Why not keep Gooden? He isn't making a lot of money now and it's unlikely another team with give him a $10M a year contract. Trading Hinrich in order to dump his contract is not smart IMO. He has a cap friendly contract and is locked up for a few more years. If he is traded in a package to get a quality player I don't have a problem with that but dumping him or bringing in another serviceable big is not smart. The point of collecting all of these chips is to trade them not dump them for PJ Brown's and Howard Eisley's.

Nas, Hinrich isn't terrible. But this team has enough 4th bananas. They aren't competing for a championship any time soon with the guys on this roster. They need to make wholesale changes and get some guys that can be first or second banana on a contender. The most likely way to make that happen is through free agency after 2010. So, they can look to acquire players with deals that acquire then, OR they can look to fleece the teams that have stars that are looking to clear cap space. Most of the teams with STARS are contenders now and not willing to deal, so that pretty much just leaves free agency as the best option.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Don't you think it's bad a bad idea to dump a guy that you called a member of your core just last season? If Hinrich couldn't be included in a deal for KOBE BRYANT then he can't be traded for a bag of balls.

The only person who should think along those lines is Pax, and finally it seems that most Bulls fans are coming to the realization that Pax is a hack. I agree with you saying that trading Hinrich for garbage down low is a bad move. The Bulls should try and package guys like, Hinrich, Deng, Gordon and Tyrus for one big name player plus some filler for cap purposes. I'm sure that's a little to Sam Smithy. But I don't know of any big names being shopped, I certainly don't mean Redd or Marion and the Nuggets are playing so well that Mello probably is off the block. Does Bosh really have any desire to stay in Toronto? Offering them a nice package of players before he leaves for nothing would be a smart move.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:56 pm 

Paxson judge of talent isn't very good.......let's see Garnett or Gasol or Wallace & Thomas. Today I believe is the 1st day you can sign someone to a 10 day contract so do it with Gooden and Dung dinged up! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Doesn't matter what the Bulls do as long as Paxson is the GM as he has shown he has next to no basketball IQ.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:57 pm 

Nas wrote:
Don't you think those players wouldn't prefer a sign and trade so they could get more money? Don't you think those teams want some type of compensation?

A sign and trade can be done with a second round pick. i think that's all that the Magic had to give up for Rashard Lewis...aside from that albatross of a contract.

Nas wrote:
Don't you think it's bad a bad idea to dump a guy that you called a member of your core just last season?

I don't see the logic here. A few things: Hinrich was a base year compensation guy last year, making his contract extremely hard to trade (I think). Also, he was coming off a very good season, so there was reason to believe that he would maintain the same level of play, or maybe even improve. He just got bad. Regardless, the "core" has changed from Nocioni, Deng, Hinrich, and Gordon to ROSE. Just because Pax was wrong in the past doesn't mean he has to stay the course. Whether or not he should be the one running the show is another matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I have very little confidence in Paxsons ability to judge big man talent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
We can't just give up the core of last year's team that had a .402 winning %