It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Bulls' fans, I don't know what to make of this, but could the Bulls be making a deal with a team they struggled to beat the other night at United Center, the Sacramento Kings? According to SI.com & the Sacramento Bee's Web site, the Bulls & Kings are believed to have talked about a potential trade. While forward/center Brad Miller's name has been mentioned as a potential big man who could return to Chicago for a second tour of duty, that's not who the Bulls are said to be interested. It's believed second-year center Spencer Hawes, not Miller or forward Kenny Thomas, are on the Bulls' radar. It's another story if the Bulls would trade forward Drew Gooden, who has an expiring contract, along with disappointing forward Tyrus Thomas and/or center Joakim Noah in return. Forward/guard Larry Hughes has also been mentioned in the potential deal, with the 11 year NBA journeyman's contract similar to Miller's, which is nearly identical and doable under the NBA's salary rules if it came to fruition. Like I said, I'm not sure what to make of it, but everyone seems to think that the Bulls will make a deal before the February trade deadline.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Shame on you, SHARK. I can hardly believe at one time you were just alright with me. Alas, that is no longer the case.
Here I thought sharks had thick, sandpaper-like skin.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

SHARK wrote:
Bulls' fans, I don't know what to make of this, but could the Bulls be making a deal with a team they struggled to beat the other night at United Center, the Sacramento Kings? According to SI.com & the Sacramento Bee's Web site, the Bulls & Kings are believed to have talked about a potential trade. While forward/center Brad Miller's name has been mentioned as a potential big man who could return to Chicago for a second tour of duty, that's not who the Bulls are said to be interested. It's believed second-year center Spencer Hawes, not Miller or forward Kenny Thomas, are on the Bulls' radar. It's another story if the Bulls would trade forward Drew Gooden, who has an expiring contract, along with disappointing forward Tyrus Thomas and/or center Joakim Noah in return. Forward/guard Larry Hughes has also been mentioned in the potential deal, with the 11 year NBA journeyman's contract similar to Miller's, which is nearly identical and doable under the NBA's salary rules if it came to fruition. Like I said, I'm not sure what to make of it, but everyone seems to think that the Bulls will make a deal before the February trade deadline.

Spencer Hawes is a good young player. He started the season very strong coming off the bench for Sacramento, but once he was put into the starting lineup, he couldn't hit a shot, and then got hurt (abdominal strain). He just came back against the Bulls on Tuesday. I'd be really surprised if Sacramento gave up on him unless the Bulls took a really bad contract. Still, though, there have been a lot of rumblings about the Kings now so there might be something to this.

Anyone know the the length of Brad Miller's deal and how much money's making? Ideally, he's a backup on a good playoff team, but wonder if the Bulls would consider Miller for Hughes, assuming the length of the deal, and the contract is withing the required % just to free up the guard log jam with Hinrich close to coming back.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:05 pm 

Nas wrote:
Wouldn't it have been easier for the Bulls to draft him instead of Noah like many of us here suggested?

Nas, I remember Spencer Hawes' name was on the Bulls' radar on Draft Night, and there were several mock drafts that had the University of Washington big man coming here instead of Joakim...As for the $$$$, it's about $25 million Hughes & Miller are supposed to make...

Last edited by SHARK on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Wouldn't it have been easier for the Bulls to draft him instead of Noah like many of us here suggested?

Maybe if Pax would have been reading this board we would have Roy. I see this team getting much worse before it gets better.
I hope Rose can handle all this bad and not let it affect him negatively.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:07 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Maybe if Pax would have been reading this board we would have Roy.

But if we had Roy, we probably would not have Rose. I would rather have Rose.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

That's true. But it still does not change the fact that Pax has no idea what he is doing.
I'll give Nas his due, he was one of the first to jump on the Pax sucks wagon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Thin Crust Sausage,Pepperoni,Red Onion,Hot Pepper Flakes (well done)
Deng & Co.With $$ For Kobe Flashback? Deja Vue! In this Division,This "Team " is Pathetic!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Yes, although I wouldn't have been surprised if he was flagged by the Bulls with that knee issue that eventually caused him to have surgury.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:11 pm 

I wonder if Pax is regretting trading LaMarcus Aldridge to Portland for Tyrus on Draft Night... :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

SHARK wrote:
I wonder if Pax is regretting trading LaMarcus Aldridge to Portland for Tyrus on Draft Night... :oops:

I'd rather have Aldridge, he's a good player, but he's not a star or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:47 pm 

Admittedly, I have not watched Hawes much. But everytime I hear his name I just think of a little better White Panther. Is that really who we want? What am I missing?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Spencer Hawes is a good young player. He started the season very strong coming off the bench for Sacramento, but once he was put into the starting lineup, he couldn't hit a shot, and then got hurt (abdominal strain). He just came back against the Bulls on Tuesday. I'd be really surprised if Sacramento gave up on him unless the Bulls took a really bad contract. Still, though, there have been a lot of rumblings about the Kings now so there might be something to this.

Anyone know the the length of Brad Miller's deal and how much money's making? Ideally, he's a backup on a good playoff team, but wonder if the Bulls would consider Miller for Hughes, assuming the length of the deal, and the contract is withing the required % just to free up the guard log jam with Hinrich close to coming back.

Not to be a dick BD but you do realize Hawes started at the beginning of the season because Miller was suspended. He continued his good play when he went to the bench and has been good as a starter. He has shown when given the minutes he will usually produce.

No, you're not being a dick. Hawes did start the season because Miller was suspended for 5 games, but Hawes went back to the bench, and put up nice numbers. It was after they put him back into the starting lineup when his struggles began. Some thought he was just more comfortable coming off the bench, Hawes just said it was a slump, but then he got injured....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Admittedly, I have not watched Hawes much. But everytime I hear his name I just think of a little better White Panther. Is that really who we want? What am I missing?

He's better than Aaron Gray.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:53 pm 

BD wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Didn't I say that?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I'm not sure if he is a guy I would be anxious to trade for but Pax wants to look busy.

True. He looks like he'll be a solid NBA player, but I'm nervous to go beyond that. I'd be surprised to see the Kings move him especially for our garbage.

I stilll think Larry Hughes will be the guy though who goes before the deadline (if Paxson can get something done with another team and get Reinsdorf's approval), but that would just be taking back a big man whose contract is equally bad. Anything beyond that, and I'd surprised.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
BD wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Didn't I say that?

Yes, but allow me to be clearer - I think he's much more skilled as a player than Gray. That's not to say that Hawes will be an all-star talent, but there's upside there. Gray should be at the end of a NBA bench...I'll give him that he knows his role, but he's so damn slow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:00 pm 

So what is his potential? At his best, who do you think he is comparable to? Is he someone that is going to be a PF or a C, or a combo of both?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
So what is his potential? At his best, who do you think he is comparable to? Is he someone that is going to be a PF or a C, or a combo of both?

I'll get back to you on who he'd be comparable to, but I think his future is as a center.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
BD wrote:
RFDC wrote:

damning him with faint praise you are...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:21 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Brad Miller.

Good comparison, either Miller or Andrew Bogut. In past Bulls lore, he's Bill Wennington with more talent.

My personal opinion is that he's a soft 7 footer who would be best in an offense where he doesn't have to camp out on the block. He would prefer to take the 10 footer than bang down low.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

What a jag. Roy is a better player than Rose!And will always be!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:07 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

What a jag. Roy is a better player than Rose!And will always be!

We all have our opinions.

I would venture to say that way more people in Chicago and around the league share my opinion. But with that said, I am sure you, the asswipe & moron, are right. :roll:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 am 

When Roy was there the Bulls were in dire need of a big guard and some low post scoring.

There was 2 safe picks Brandon Roy (big guard) and La Marcus Aldridge(low post)

but Pax chose the to unneccessarily roll the dice on the far more unkonwn Tyrus Thomas

and guess what...SNAKE EYES

PAX SUX AS A GM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:20 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
When Roy was there the Bulls were in dire need of a big guard and some low post scoring.

There was 2 safe picks Brandon Roy (big guard) and La Marcus Aldridge(low post)

but Pax chose the to unneccessarily roll the dice on the far more unkonwn Tyrus Thomas

and guess what...SNAKE EYES

PAX SUX AS A GM

You are forgetting the Bulls also picked up Viktor Khryapa in that deal. How could Pax turn down that offer?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:48 am 

And whats worse? Roy put on a pre draft tryout in the NCAA against ILLINOIS for all Chicagoans to see

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Does anyone ...I mean anyone think Pax will make the right move?????? I seriously doubt it

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Does anyone ...I mean anyone think Pax will make the right move?????? I seriously doubt it

I really have no reason to believe that he will. After 6 years as GM, all Paxson has to show for it is a point guard with the #1 pick that he lucked up to get. Bravo, Pax. Bravo.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:30 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:

I really have no reason to believe that he will. After 6 years as GM, all Paxson has to show for it is a point guard with the #1 pick that he lucked up to get. Bravo, Pax. Bravo.

Pax sucks as a GM but he did do some good things

Got rid of a lot of garbage (eddie,eddy,wallace)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:17 pm 

This isn't a news flash by any means, but Brian Hanley wrote today in the Sun-Times about Larry Hughes wanting more minutes, and likely won't get it here...Sound familiar?