It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bulls/Hawks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Big Joe and Al Hoford who had a huge game will beat the Bulls. 101-88. Gordon has been shooting like shit :afro:

I'm out.

Post subject: Re: Bulls/Hawks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:58 am 
1000 CLUB

Is Horford back from his injury?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:24 am 

BD wrote:
Is Horford back from his injury?

My screw up still out with a knee. The moron Bibby will have 26

I'm out.

Last edited by Walt Williams Neck on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:33 am 

This thread has ZERO CREDIBILITY until Bagels posts.
Good Day, Sir

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Good Day, Sir

Thank you my friend.

Yeah, Horford is still out with that knee bruise. Marvin Williams may be as well, didn't play in yesterday's game. It's a concussion so it's possible, not like he's out with a torn ACL, but I haven't seen anything indicating he definitely will play

That said, there is still Joe Johnson and J-Smoove to kick your asses, Hawks win 105-97.

Seriously though, Bulls have a good chance in this one. Josh Smith hasn't been as tough inside blocking shots coming back from his injury as he was early in the season and without Horford there should be an opportunity for inside scoring. Combine that with Bibby's porous defense, and it's certainly possible Rose could have a big night. I still think Atlanta will win because the Bulls just don't have anyone that can guard Johnson, but I think it will be a relatively close game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:38 am 

Bagels wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Good Day, Sir

Thank you my friend.

Yeah, Horford is still out with that knee bruise. Marvin Williams may be as well, didn't play in yesterday's game. It's a concussion so it's possible, not like he's out with a torn ACL, but I haven't seen anything indicating he definitely will play

That said, there is still Joe Johnson and J-Smoove to kick your asses, Hawks win 105-97.

Seriously though, Bulls have a good chance in this one. Josh Smith hasn't been as tough inside blocking shots coming back from his injury as he was early in the season and without Horford there should be an opportunity for inside scoring. Combine that with Bibby's porous defense, and it's certainly possible Rose could have a big night. I still think Atlanta will win because the Bulls just don't have anyone that can guard Johnson, but I think it will be a relatively close game.

Gordon and Rose aren't exactly lockdown defenders

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:41 am 

Joe Johnson will go off...he owns mediocre teams that are bad defensively

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Good Day, Sir

Thank you my friend.

Williams is out as well....bad headaches.

This is the Bulls 5th game in 7 days, and 8 in 12 overall.
Atlanta had 4 days off before playing yesterday.
Hawks just 8-12 on the road, and the injuries are taking a tolll...

Could be a sloppy game tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Right, I know Gordon and Rose aren't "lock-down defenders" which is why I do think Johnson will do well and ultimately the Hawks will win.

But on the other end I think Rose can exploit the Hawks so I don't think it will be a blowout, I think it will be close

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It seems rather obvious that Ben Gordon is in a shooting slump, following his 3-for-15 yesterday and just 8 points in that heartbreaking loss in New York yesterday afternoon. I think Joe Johnson & the Hawks take out the brooms, and sweep the season series with a 10 point win over the Bulls.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bagels wrote:
Right, I know Gordon and Rose aren't "lock-down defenders" which is why I do think Johnson will do well and ultimately the Hawks will win.

But on the other end I think Rose can exploit the Hawks so I don't think it will be a blowout, I think it will be close

Rose has been incredibly disappointing from a defensive perspective.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:49 pm 

No matter what jersey Mike Bibby is wearing, he always seems to kill the Bulls. He was on fire the last five minutes of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
No matter what jersey Mike Bibby is wearing, he always seems to kill the Bulls. He was on fire the last five minutes of the game.

Bibby had 31 last night for the Hawks, while the Bulls' defense was nowhere to be found. They're not going anywhere until their defense is considerably improved...