It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Unlucky 7?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Bulls' fans, here we go again! With Walt Disney's World on Ice taking over the United Center, you know what that means. Another Western road trip is staring this Bulls' team in the face, and given all the chaos and tension involving GM John Paxson, head coach Vinny Del Negro, Ben Gordon & Larry Hughes all but stuck here with a rumored deal to the New Jersey Nets now on very shaky ground, might the Bulls be dealing with an extended losing streak going into the All-Star Break? After you see the upcoming schedule, it sure looks unlucky to me, considering the Bulls are only 5-16 on the road:

Sunday 1/25 @ Minnesota 6p WCIU 26 "The U"
Wednesday 1/28 @ L.A. Clippers 9:30p WGN (CW 9)
Friday 1/30 @ Sacramento 9p Comcast SportsNet
Saturday 1/31 @ Phoenix 8p WGN (CW 9)/WGN America (DIRECTV 307)
Tuesday 2/3 @ Houston 7:30p WCIU 26 "The U"
Wednesday 2/4 @ New Orleans 7p Comcast SportsNet
Saturday 2/7 @ Dallas 7:30p Comcast SportsNet

Looking at that schedule, one would think the Bulls could win 3 of those games, but after losing home games each of the last couple of weeks to the likes of Minnesota, Oklahoma City & Toronto, all bets are off.

Post subject: Re: Unlucky 7?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:04 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I'm not a NBA basketball guy, but I am guessing Phoenix and Dallas are two of the "no way they win" games. Back when I cared about the NBA, my favorite team was the Mavericks with Nash and Nowitzki... that was an awesome team.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
newper wrote:
I'm not a NBA basketball guy, but I am guessing Phoenix and Dallas are two of the "no way they win" games. Back when I cared about the NBA, my favorite team was the Mavericks with Nash and Nowitzki... that was an awesome team.

They could sneak a win over Dallas, who are pretty up and down...and the Bulls did beat them in the preseason.

The Bulls could conceivably go 0-7 on this trip. On paper, the Kings look like the only team of that bunch that are actually worse at this point...and don't be surprised if the Bulls lose to them too. The Bulls have proven that they are capable of losing to any team in the league no matter what that team's record is.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:05 pm 

I want to see them go 0-7 on this trip.

I thought after the first few games that Vinny was doing a pretty good job, but that opinion has completely changed. He has lost this team, heck it even looks like he has lost his assistant coaches.

If they go 0-7 maybe Pax will make some things happen and start by getting a decent coach, and if nothing else it will mean a better draft pick come June.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:

I thought after the first few games that Vinny was doing a pretty good job, but that opinion has completely changed. He has lost this team, heck it even looks like he has lost his assistant coaches.

If they go 0-7 maybe Pax will make some things happen and start by getting a decent coach, and if nothing else it will mean a better draft pick come June.

Once again you are wrong. Paxson got this franchise where it is the only way to get out of this mess is to get rid of Paxson.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:14 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Once again you are wrong. Paxson got this franchise where it is the only way to get out of this mess is to get rid of Paxson.

No doubt Paxson has a ton of responsibility for this mess. But regardless of that, Paxson is not going anywhere. Reinsdorf loves him and will stay with him. So since that is reality, there is no need in even addressing the fact that Pax needs to go.

Oh, and once again, you are an asswipe and moron. 8)

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

If they don't win one of those first 3 games, and probably 2 of them, this trip could be a nightmare.