It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:53 am 

The Sixers are experiencing quite a bit of buyer's remorse after giving Brand an $80 million contract this past summer. Brand has been awful in the early going. To make matters worse, he struggles to play the style the rest of the team wants to play. More and more, it's looking like a bad fit for both parties. I've heard rumblings over the past few weeks that the Sixers would let Brand go for expiring contracts and a future pick -- a pretty small price for the most coveted free agent of last summer.

But will anyone want to take on his contract at this point? The Heat's Pat Riley has always been a fan. The Pistons are looking for a dominant big, too. A Chicago homecoming isn't out of the question either. And the Cavs might be willing to roll the dice, although that's a lot of money to gamble with. Will any GM or owner in the league have the guts to pull the trigger?

Ok then Gooden/Noah and a #1(Protected) for Brand/Dalembert hows that!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:12 am 
1000 CLUB

There's no way we could (or will) take on both Brand and Dalembert's contracts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:15 pm 

Let me guess we (The Bulls)are saving up $$$$$ for 2010 Free agent Class ie,,,James,Wade,Bosh,Dirk,Amare,Pierce--Weve seen that before Duncan/Hill and we get Mercer/Miller--Elton gives the Bulls a Post Player--Something that Rose Needs--there are no Guarantee the Bulls will get any of those players my point was to get something NOW> :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Glendale Heights Brian wrote:
Let me guess we (The Bulls)are saving up $$$$$ for 2010 Free agent Class ie,,,James,Wade,Bosh,Dirk,Amare,Pierce--Weve seen that before Duncan/Hill and we get Mercer/Miller--Elton gives the Bulls a Post Player--Something that Rose Needs--there are no Guarantee the Bulls will get any of those players my point was to get something NOW> :)

You are correct - there's no guarantee that the Bulls will land any free agents in 2010, but that doesn't mean we should trade for Brand/Dalembert.

If you're talking just Brand, then I'm listening, but I'm skeptical that Philadelphia is going to be so quick to trade him. Yes, they have struggled/underachieved, and Brand does seem to slow down an offense that was more wide open late last season, but he has missed extended time this season, and they are only 40 games into a multi-year deal. Maybe they just need to give this some time to work. We'll see - they have been playing better of late.

As for Dalembert, he's making $10 million (at least) in a multi-year deal, and has had really only one good season - last season. This year, he has regressed. He's not an offensive presence either so he doesn't solve the low post scorer the Bulls still need.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Trade for Amare and rob the Griz to get Gay. You can do it Pax. Gorge this team, sign some vets in the offseason with Rose, Gay and, Stodemire you'll be a contender for years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I was hoping last offseason that Bulls' GM John Paxson could right one of the many wrongs of his predecessor, Jerry Krause in getting Elton Brand back. It was one of the dumbest trades of the post-Jordan era when the Bulls traded a former Rookie of the Year to the L.A. Clippers for an unknown by the name of Tyson Chandler on NBA Draft night, circa 2002. While Chandler has thrived in New Orleans, Brand signed with the Philadelphia 76ers and has been a disappointment. As much as I would like to see Brand's #42 back in Chicago, Paxson has his chance to get Elton back and blew it. I don't see Elton getting moved here with all that money he's earning now in Philadelphia.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:19 am 

BD wrote:
There's no way we could (or will) take on both Brand and Dalembert's contracts.

hahaha buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SHARK wrote:
I was hoping last offseason that Bulls' GM John Paxson could right one of the many wrongs of his predecessor, Jerry Krause in getting Elton Brand back. It was one of the dumbest trades of the post-Jordan era when the Bulls traded a former Rookie of the Year to the L.A. Clippers for an unknown by the name of Tyson Chandler on NBA Draft night, circa 2002. While Chandler has thrived in New Orleans, Brand signed with the Philadelphia 76ers and has been a disappointment. As much as I would like to see Brand's #42 back in Chicago, Paxson has his chance to get Elton back and blew it. I don't see Elton getting moved here with all that money he's earning now in Philadelphia.

Translation: My sterling basketball knowledge is neither sterling nor knowledgeable.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very funny, OKC...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Thank you SHARK.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"