It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Here's something to chew on for a while, Bulls' fans. I know he rejected a big money extension last summer and signed a 1 year, $6.5 million deal right before the start of training camp, but here's a question to ponder. Do the Bulls re-sign shooting guard Ben Gordon to a long term deal this summer? Yeah, he's a defensive liability, but the guy's a very dependable and consistent scorer for this basketball team. BG has been the team's leading scorer each of the last 3 seasons, currently averaging 18.6 PPG this season. I realize the Bulls re-signed small forward Luol Deng to a $82 million, multi-year extension last summer, while John Salmons has been terrific since the Bulls acquired him from the Sacramento Kings in a deadline deal. I'm divided on this topic, because since the arrival of Salmons, BG & his scoring punch were supposedly expendable. At the same time, Salmons has proven to be very good in Deng's absence from a right shin contusion, and that Luol's been a disappointment even before the injury. I'm not so sure I want the Bulls to let #7 and his double-digit points per game average end up elsewhere next season. Play General Manager for me on this one...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
in a perfect world id like to see ben stay and start at SG and have Salmons start at SF next year but Deng is going nowhere. Id rather see Ben paid what Deng is making. At this point i dont think he is going to come back. he doesnt even seem to want to anyway

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:45 am 

In a perfect world, I'd like to sign Ben for the MLE and have him be the first man off the bench. He's likely to want to be a starter though. It will be interesting to see what the market looks like for him given the 2010 class just around the corner.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I tend to think Ben Gordon's as good as gone from the Bulls, even though he's quite a good scorer and has lead the Bulls in scoring each of the last 3 years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
I tend to think Ben Gordon's as good as gone from the Bulls, even though he's quite a good scorer and has lead the Bulls in scoring each of the last 3 years.
=-=-=-=-
But who's going to pay a short guard who can't defend? He's a perfect 6 man and I think other teams will offer him that type of money. On the Bulls, he might get a chance at more PT but who knows.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:19 am 

Chris in St. Charles wrote:
But who's going to pay a short guard who can't defend? He's a perfect 6 man and I think other teams will offer him that type of money.

They didn't last year, when the NBA wasn't hemorrhaging money, so I don't see that happening this year, when it is. Maybe this year he goes to Europe for real, or better yet, the Bulls pay him less than he's making this year, and he accepts a bench role.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 am 

I wouldn't be sad to see him go. I think he hurts the development of D-Rose. He just takes too many bad shots. Yes he does make some, and can put up 20-25 a game, but he will give up 40 on the other end. Give him 6th man money or send him packing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:10 pm 

in a perfect world ben gordon would go to the knicks.

fuck him. hes jealous of derrik and he can suck my cock.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
He's likely to turn into a Hunter Pence hit changeup and end up miles away from Chicago. I don't have a problem with him leaving at this point, and I would wish him well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:26 pm 

well i do agree- i dont really hate gordon. it is time for him to go though, he is a boarderline all star but not really, and he doesnt want to play with our all star, so farewell.