It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Yes, the Vikings RB. The same one who just blew out his ACL on Dec 24, started his rehab this week with a brace on.

I would say that is a guy to watch as his explosiveness and hard running are everything to his game as well. Similar to Rose, a player at an elite level in his sport.

Just under 6 months he is back.

They showed him running, but it was very noticeable of him limping when running, but he says he predicts to be playing opening day in Sept.

Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:14 pm 

I'm always amazed that pro football players don't tear an ACL on nearly ever play...getting tackled by the legs from every angle. What do they do, flexibilty training? Work the incidental muscles that support the joint rather than just the big muscles that power movement? I know some people have said that Rose's ACL tear had nothing to do with his other injuries, but you can't tell me that atrophy, stiffness, muscle fatigue, altered gait due to pain, etc had zero contribution.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:16 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Yes, the Vikings RB. The same one who just blew out his ACL on Dec 24, started his rehab this week with a brace on.

I would say that is a guy to watch as his explosiveness and hard running are everything to his game as well. Similar to Rose, a player at an elite level in his sport.

They showed him running, but it was very noticeable of him limping when running, but he says he predicts to be playing opening day in Sept.

The time table is usually 6-9 months for return. Peterson is just starting to rehab at about 6 months. He's on schedule. What exactly is the point of this thread?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Douchebag wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The time table is usually 6-9 months for return. Peterson is just starting to rehab at about 6 months. He's on schedule. What exactly is the point of this thread?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 am 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:

I don't have much doubt that he'll be playing in September, but the question is when, if ever, he'll get the explosion back that made him great.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Peterson says he is ready to play by week 1 and good to go. Would you take him with a first round pick in fantasy football?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:39 am 

BD wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I don't have much doubt that he'll be playing in September, but the question is when, if ever, he'll get the explosion back that made him great.

Exactly, now go explain it to Douchebag. Who is really dragging down the crew since I left.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:44 am 

bigfan wrote:
BD wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Exactly, now go explain it to Douchebag. Who is really dragging down the crew since I left.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at. If your point was that Rose won't have the same endurance, strength, and explosiveness on his first day he steps back on to a practice court, then I would agree with you. I don't think anyone would argue against that. Peterson has just started his recovery. It's going to be weeks before he gets that strength back.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 am 

Peterson HOPING for Week 1 to be ready. 10 Months.

Rose maybe playing last month of the season.

#2014 Bulls. SHABAZZ

Bynum Unrestricted, we have a great history of getting players to leave LA and come to Chicago. D Rose does it every summer!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Come on... Rose tore two ligaments. Basketball players do use their knees far more to jump and play defense. 82 games opposed to to 16.

Accept that it will never ever be the same with Derrick.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jbi11s wrote:
Come on... Rose tore two ligaments. Basketball players do use their knees far more to jump and play defense. 82 games opposed to to 16.

Plus you know he'll try to come back earlier and likely not be ready. Rose at 90% is still a great player but I'm not sure about super star.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Makaveli wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Plus you know he'll try to come back earlier and likely not be ready. Rose at 90% is still a great player but I'm not sure about super star.

I agree Hov... Before the injury he could get 25/8 in his sleep. Now he'll have to gut out 20pts, but prolly more assists.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:18 am 

Douchebag wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Hey Db, listen to the latest interview with Rose when he talks about his trainer telling him to keep watching Adrian Peterson's return date and use that as a gauge.

Have you figured out the point yet?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:54 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Makaveli wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

That's not taking into account players don't usually peak in their first four seasons. He's already improved his 3 point shooting and defense significantly and I expect that to continue. He's strong enough to add a post game and keep improving his mid range shot. Im not worried about him. By 2014 he should be fine.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:33 am 

bigfan wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Hey Db, listen to the latest interview with Rose when he talks about his trainer telling him to keep watching Adrian Peterson's return date and use that as a gauge.

Have you figured out the point yet?

If your point is that it takes a long time to rehab an ACL injury, then I am in agreement with you. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what your point is. I have that trouble with most of your threads.

Peterson says he will be ready for opening day. That's about 8 and a half months after the injury. He's practicing with pads right now, so an opening day return is not out of the question. He's scheduled to start taking contact drills next week.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I believe he's questioning Derrick Rose's toughness, which I saw an asinine comment on Facebook yesterday to that effect also.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Rose can't be the same player. The majority of his game was superior speed and jumping ability relative to other players in tandem with a general wrecklessness attacking the bigs. I have trouble believing he will have nearly the same level of speed and vertical as he did. And even if he does, will he have the same willingness to constantly attack the rim and take a pounding. And if those three things all happen (speed, vertical, and aggressiveness), will his body hold up? No way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:51 am 

I forget what I was watching, but when talking about Adrian Peterson they mentioned that the results for returning to full strength for someone his age weren't good but it was for players that had the same thing who were 25 and under.

Rose has a much better chance than Peterson at making a full recovery simply on age alone. Jamaal Charles is probably a better comparison than Peterson.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I think he can recover, but I just question whether he will have that level of speed and vertical. It seems improbable. He was so much better than every else in that category. If his game was strength, rebounding, jump shooting, etc, I would have much less doubt. The vast majority of his game was breaking down a defense by splitting two or three huge defenders and then either finishing or dishing. I don't see it.....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:40 pm 

I think DB should go back to the "Paper Bag Head on fire" avatar.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Rose will be fine. Tim Hardaway had the same injury, and the only lingering side-effect was an immense hatred of homosexuals.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Makaveli wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

That's not taking into account players don't usually peak in their first four seasons. He's already improved his 3 point shooting and defense significantly and I expect that to continue. He's strong enough to add a post game and keep improving his mid range shot. Im not worried about him. By 2014 he should be fine.

I think he'll be fine in 2014 but he'll be missing a step or 2. That's what made him special. Adding a better jump shot would keep him in the team photo for best PG's in the game but I doubt he'll be #1 again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Makaveli wrote:
I think he'll be fine in 2014 but he'll be missing a step or 2. That's what made him special. Adding a better jump shot would keep him in the team photo for best PG's in the game but I doubt he'll be #1 again.

They're not gonna make him change his jersey number, you silly goose. :alien:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:00 pm 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Joynt, Milan IL
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Rose will be fine. Tim Hardaway had the same injury, and the only lingering side-effect was an immense hatred of homosexuals.

Hardaway didn't have the burst of quickness that D Rose has. He was quick, but not at that level.

Rose had the patella tendon graft as opposed to the cadaver ACL replacement or the hamstring/achilles graft. I'm not sure what AP had but with the patella graft, if he is diligent with his therapy, and hell, he's an elite professional athlete, he should be close to 100% by April, possibly mid March. His issues are going to be mental, trusting his knee to make cuts he used to. That will likely not happen until the following season.

For a reference, I had my ACL repaired in December with the same patella graft surgery. I am nowhere near an athlete, middle aged, tore the ligament 19 years ago. I was very dedicated to my therapy and was cleared to begin golfing in April and was cleared for basketball in early July.

D Rose should have no physical issues to returning next season.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:04 pm 

Hardaway????

The Peterson v Rose comparison is based on 2 athletes who use elite explosive moves to be better than everyone else.

If you can't see a similar level of athletic style and relative ability between the 2 players, then feel free to bow out of any further discussions regarding athletic ability of any athlete.

You have the 2 most explosive players in their respective sports. 2 Players that go from 0-60, maybe faster than any other players and do it with power and force.

While DB can continue to tell me he doesnt understand the post, he fails to recognize the FACT that Rose's trainers told him to keep an eye on Peterson????

I guess they dont know shit either?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
AP looks fantastic so far doesn't he biggie?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:58 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
AP looks fantastic so far doesn't he biggie?

Two TDs today.

His career is obviously over.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:38 pm 

100 yards yesterday, on one knee. Somebody test him for roids....