It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:08 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:

I actually think that this statement would be better reserved for McDermott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:20 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
What is your point? You started by saying that it's unrealistic to expect a starter after 11. It's obvious that you can find starters after 11. You have been saying that the Bulls should be happy with a contributing player. Those are low expectations for a guy you traded two top 20 picks in order to acquire. The 07 draft was not considered to be very good and there were starters drafted after 11.
You can find all stars after 11 too. It doesn't mean you should expect it.

I'm not saying McDermott is a great pick if he is just a contributor. It's just what you should expect. It's where the bar is set. So many picks of 10+ end up being busts that you can't call it a bad pick if you happen to get a guy who contributes to your team. That is why it is unrealistic to expect a starter at 11. You certainly hope you get one but the history of picks at that point in the draft indicates you are beating the odds if you get one, and even if you do, it's most likely just a guy who still has some flaws in his game. The fact remains when McDermott was drafted people on this board not all but a sizable majority were lauding the pick. He is a disappointment at this point. I don't know if he has played much tonight I doubt that he has. His minutes are decreasing by the game. He is playing behind a journeyman small forward. He was thought of as a guy the Bulls had to have. They traded two top 20 picks to acquire him. Is it also unrealistic to believe that the two picks used to acquire him will be contributing players? I didn't hear many talking about him merely being a contributing player when he was drafted. As a matter of every player that he was compared to was a starter a nd when people compared him to Korver the pro McDermott cried bloody murder. Now you are basically saying that we should be happy if he is Kyle Korver. Who you crapping

You said you should "expect a starter with the 11th pick". This is false. Most picks 11+ do not end up being starters. Some do, and I'm sure you'll cite the Dallas Mavericks or something with a meaningless count of where they were drafted but it still doesn't change the fact that the odds of finding a starter at pick 11 or later is not that high. Even with the years you chose, we ended up with about 7 starters coming out of 20+ picks(depending on if you were counting second round picks).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
What is your point? You started by saying that it's unrealistic to expect a starter after 11. It's obvious that you can find starters after 11. You have been saying that the Bulls should be happy with a contributing player. Those are low expectations for a guy you traded two top 20 picks in order to acquire. The 07 draft was not considered to be very good and there were starters drafted after 11.

I'm not saying McDermott is a great pick if he is just a contributor. It's just what you should expect. It's where the bar is set. So many picks of 10+ end up being busts that you can't call it a bad pick if you happen to get a guy who contributes to your team. That is why it is unrealistic to expect a starter at 11. You certainly hope you get one but the history of picks at that point in the draft indicates you are beating the odds if you get one, and even if you do, it's most likely just a guy who still has some flaws in his game. The fact remains when McDermott was drafted people on this board not all but a sizable majority were lauding the pick. He is a disappointment at this point. I don't know if he has played much tonight I doubt that he has. His minutes are decreasing by the game. He is playing behind a journeyman small forward. He was thought of as a guy the Bulls had to have. They traded two top 20 picks to acquire him. Is it also unrealistic to believe that the two picks used to acquire him will be contributing players? I didn't hear many talking about him merely being a contributing player when he was drafted. As a matter of every player that he was compared to was a starter a nd when people compared him to Korver the pro McDermott cried bloody murder. Now you are basically saying that we should be happy if he is Kyle Korver. Who you crapping

You said you should "expect a starter with the 11th pick". This is false. Most picks 11+ do not end up being starters. Some do, and I'm sure you'll cite the Dallas Mavericks or something with a meaningless count of where they were drafted but it still doesn't change the fact that the odds of finding a starter at pick 11 or later is not that high. Even with the years you chose, we ended up with about 7 starters coming out of 20+ picks(depending on if you were counting second round picks).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'm not saying McDermott is a great pick if he is just a contributor. It's just what you should expect. It's where the bar is set. So many picks of 10+ end up being busts that you can't call it a bad pick if you happen to get a guy who contributes to your team. That is why it is unrealistic to expect a starter at 11. You certainly hope you get one but the history of picks at that point in the draft indicates you are beating the odds if you get one, and even if you do, it's most likely just a guy who still has some flaws in his game.

The fact remains when McDermott was drafted people on this board not all but a sizable majority were lauding the pick. He is a disappointment at this point. I don't know if he has played much tonight I doubt that he has. His minutes are decreasing by the game. He is playing behind a journeyman small forward. He was thought of as a guy the Bulls had to have. They traded two top 20 picks to acquire him. Is it also unrealistic to believe that the two picks used to acquire him will be contributing players? I didn't hear many talking about him merely being a contributing player when he was drafted. As a matter of every player that he was compared to was a starter a nd when people compared him to Korver the pro McDermott cried bloody murder. Now you are basically saying that we should be happy if he is Kyle Korver. Who you crapping

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:25 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :lol: maybe 4th time will be the charm, ltg.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Jesus Long Time Guy is a cross between Sini and Chus... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:32 pm 

pittmike wrote:

My post got jumbled up with his and it screwed me up. I didn't think it submitted. I'm actually making solid points. McDermott has been a disappointment. There is no way around that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:34 pm 

long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:

My post got jumbled up with his and it screwed me up. I didn't think it submitted. I'm actually making solid points. McDermott has been a disappointment. There is no way around that.

It's hard to tell if you're making solid points . All I see is the same one repeated ad nauseum.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:39 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:

It's hard to tell if you're making solid points . All I see is the same one repeated ad nauseum.
Yeah you're right about that

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:41 pm 

Love reading your stuff regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:09 pm 

McDermott owns one single sport coat. JORR would not approve.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
immessedup17 wrote:
McDermott owns one single sport coat. JORR would not approve.

That means it's probably not his. Probably one they keep in the locker room.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:14 pm 

McDermott owns no sport coats. JORR would assuredly not approve.

Additionally, sport coats that do not fit well should not be worn at all. They must have quite a few in the locker room.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Dougie Basketball went 3-3 during garbage time in the Bulls win over an Anthony Davis-less NOLA team.

With Hinrich and Dunleavy ruled out for tonight, MC Dermott should get decent minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
His shot looks effortless and it looks like once he crosses half court he could knock down the 3.

Paul Pierce just became the floor.

If you really want to get ridiculous Larry Legend could be his ceiling. I'll stick to Paul Pierce for now.

So do we finally know if Doug McDermott is Paul Pierce or Larry Bird yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:09 pm 

Nas wrote:
This guy's floor is Wally Szczerbiak IMO.

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
This thread is really something. Poor Nas.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Tall Midget wrote:

Oh dear :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
KDdidit wrote:
Doug McDermott will be Jud Buechler, without the volleyball career to fall back on.

Compared to other predictions of his awesomeness, I'm pretty content with mine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I have to admit I'm surprised this buster hasn't turned out to be a better NBA scorer than he is. But at least I don't get paid millions to swap picks in order to trade up to draft him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12