It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Pau Gasol
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:51 pm 

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
WHAT. DO .YOU .WANT. THEM .TO .DO?!

Lance Stephenson.

Sure that would excite us but if he ended up as a head case on the corner of the bench you all would blame Gar/Pax. Really?

You have to take risks if you want to win.
I know I'm making all of this up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
:shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
What do any of those posts mean? It's no surprise to anyone that I preferred Stephenson over Gasol and didn't thing he filled a need. Let's get to the things you made up.

You championed him as the next great thing. When you guys get called on your off based opinions you always deflect. 10 points a game for a guy you marketed as a go to guy.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
What do any of those posts mean? It's no surprise to anyone that I preferred Stephenson over Gasol and didn't thing he filled a need. Let's get to the things you made up.

You championed him as the next great thing. When you guys get called on your off based opinions you always deflect. 10 points a game for a guy you marketed as a go to guy.

It's not just the preference for Stephenson which I will address later it is your consistent bashing of Gasol. The guy is a hall of famer who was still capable of playing at a high level. At 34 he was in more demand than the 23 yr old Stephenson. The league didn't see Stephenson as no where near the talent that you proclaimed him to be. Every statement from you on Gasol was a diss and now you conveniently forget that. I will address your unabashed advocacy for Stephenson shortly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I knew Pau would be great for the Bulls. It's not surprising Nas disagreed.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's not just the preference for Stephenson which I will address later it is your consistent bashing of Gasol. The guy is a hall of famer who was still capable of playing at a high level. At 34 he was in more demand than the 23 yr old Stephenson. The league didn't see Stephenson as no where near the talent that you proclaimed him to be. Every statement from you on Gasol was a diss and now you conveniently forget that. I will address your unabashed advocacy for Stephenson shortly.

Gasol didn't fill a need. That's why I didn't want him. I've said that many times. Please find those posts of me championing Stephenson as the next great thing and as a go to guy. Stop stalling. There are few than 90 posts that Stephenson is mentioned in so it should be easy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
I knew Pau would be great for the Bulls. It's not surprising Nas disagreed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Gasol didn't fill a need. That's why I didn't want him. I've said that many times. Please find those posts of me championing Stephenson as the next great thing and as a go to guy. Stop stalling. There are few than 90 posts that Stephenson is mentioned in so it should be easy
Actually Gasol did fill a need the Bulls didn't have big man with his skill set and they also needed a backup five. He fills both roles. This has been an all out bloodletting for you so now I will move on which you praying that I do

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:10 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
The season is 5 games old and you're using rankings. :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:
How exactly is that go to difference making scorer pickup Lance Stephenson working out for u? Currently avg. 9.9 points per game. He really is a, difference maker isn't he?

He's 23 and he's averaging a double double with 5 assists a game. He's picked it up offensively the past week. He just had his best shooting game of the season. He will be fine. Why are you so sensitive? You're like a little girl.
actually he is 24 I'm not sensitive been a man a long time hence the name long time guy. He is averaging 10 points a game. You championed him as the next great thing. When you guys get called on your off based opinions you always deflect. 10 points a game for a guy you marketed as a go to guy. Come on dude. What is making your opinion even dumber is the fact that you bashed Gasol at every opp. It's going to be difficult to walk this back but I'm sure you will make every effort. It seems you're already trying.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:00 pm 

IMU wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Just don't know what you are getting with Lance

Best SG on the Bulls since Jordan.

Aha I guess this wasn't you that made this statement either. You are right. I can really learn a lot from you. Quit while you are ahead or I will bury you lightweight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Aha I guess this wasn't you that made this statement either. You are right. I can really learn a lot from you. Quit while you are ahead or I will bury you lightweight.

Hahah, that was sarcasm.

For as much as I hate Ben Gordon, he ranks ahead. As does Jalen Rose. And a few others.

You thought I was serious? That says more about you than me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:11 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Hahah, that was sarcasm.

For as much as I hate Ben Gordon, he ranks ahead. As does Jalen Rose. And a few others.

You thought I was serious? That says more about you than me.

Its funny that I don't remember anyone laughing at the time. You were quite serious until Lance revealed himself to be a bum. I don't recall you ever joking about the bum that he turned out to be. I wonder why. You were a champion of the Lance bandwagon and now its seems rather stupid to have been a part of it so you're doing the shuffle trying to get off of of it. Save yourself a little trouble and brush up a little bit on what you know about the game. You have no credibility. You just stated that you didn't say it and when into the whole lol stuff and then got called on it. How do you know that you were just being sarcastic if you never recall saying it? You're out of your league on this stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:14 pm 

Go through my posts. I just did.

I wanted Pau Gasol as he was my favorite player throughout the last decade. I wasn't sure of how much he had in the tank, but I wanted him.

I also wanted Lance Stephenson on the team.

I wanted Pau Gasol over Lance Stephenson.

And I never wanted Carmelo Anthony.

This is all well documented.

viewtopic.php?p=2019670#p2019670

and

viewtopic.php?p=2019776#p2019776

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:34 pm 

You were just lol a minute ago when you thought I had misidentified you now you're invoking the oh I was joking when I said that upon being discovered. Your fraudulence truly knows no bounds. You had a little support also where is now you have been exposed?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:36 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You were just lol a minute ago when you thought I had misidentified you now you're invoking the "oh I was joking when I said that" upon being discovered. Your fraudulence truly knows no bounds. You had a little support also where is now you have been exposed?

I'm done with it. You don't make a lot of sense

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:36 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You were just lol a minute ago when you thought I had misidentified you now you're invoking the oh I was joking when I said that upon being discovered. Your fraudulence truly knows no bounds. You had a little support also where is now you have been exposed?

You're losing steam. The little engine is breaking down.

I was joking about Lance Stephenson being the greatest SG since Jordan.

I was not joking that I would have signed him in the off-season. And today, on March 17th 2015, I would trade Tony Snell for Lance Stephenson straight up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:40 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You're losing steam. The little engine is breaking down.

I was joking about Lance Stephenson being the greatest SG since Jordan.

I was not joking that I would have signed him in the off-season. And today, on March 17th 2015, I would trade Tony Snell for Lance Stephenson straight up.
Lance Stephenson currently backs up Gerald Henderson. Using your logic you also want him over Anthony and you think I'm supposed to learn the game from you? You're the guy that thinks it's bad to shoot free throws

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:43 pm 

I never said it was "bad" to shoot free throws. To use Frank's home run discussion, scoring 20 points is scoring 20 points. Free throw points are no better or worse than layups or jump shots or three pointers. 20 points is 20 points on the scoresheet.

Carmelo Anthony is a loser. His teams lose. I don't want Carmelo Anthony as even the 12th player in a rotation.

Lance Stephenson should not be judged based on his time spent on a Charlotte roster. Charlotte is an NBA cesspool and Jordan is the worst exec in sports.

Lance Stephenson would succeed on the Bulls, with Thibodeau as a coach and this stable of players.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:06 pm 

IMU wrote:
I never said it was "bad" to shoot free throws. To use Frank's home run discussion, scoring 20 points is scoring 20 points. Free throw points are no better or worse than layups or jump shots or three pointers. 20 points is 20 points on the scoresheet.

Carmelo Anthony is a loser. His teams lose. I don't want Carmelo Anthony as even the 12th player in a rotation.

Lance Stephenson should not be judged based on his time spent on a Charlotte roster. Charlotte is an NBA cesspool and Jordan is the worst exec in sports.

Lance Stephenson would succeed on the Bulls, with Thibodeau as a coach and this stable of players.
He really wasn't that good in Indiana. He had a good half of season. You will get your chance after next season. Charlotte won't pick that option up. He has been the worst free agent signing. To think some thought Charlotte got him at a bargain basement price.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:09 pm 

The only people that would ever rather have Lance than Anthony are people that subscribe to this board. I'm supposed to learn the game this?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Received 2 1st Team All-NBA votes!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:

As bad as he is defensively, he still is a pretty consistent double-double most nights, and very good offensive player. He'll fit in quite well on a team that's close to being a elite team. He's got holes in his game, but he's not a bench player like I've heard one show suggest. That's just stupid.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

As bad as he is defensively, he still is a pretty consistent double-double most nights, and very good offensive player. He'll fit in quite well on a team that's close to being a elite team. He's got holes in his game, but he's not a bench player like I've heard one show suggest, especially on an average team, and probably not on most teams. That's just stupid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7