It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pau Gasol
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boozer was an offensive player and that was the reason that he was signed. He was never going to be a shot blocker. He was not very athletic and undersized for his position.

He is also bad at basketball. I'm confident I could score on him.
I'm confident you couldn't. Boozer is still a starting nba power forward albeit for one of the worst teams in the league. Boozer was never as bad as portrayed but you weren't winning anything as the starting four.

He was worse than portrayed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
was wrong. I agreed with JORR about Gasol being old, but he was a good pickup and a tremendous upgrade over Boozer. His numbers still aren't great because he's missing bunnies but he will get therE. He spreads out the offense very well.

Gasol can frustrate the hell out of me but he has been great. Not seeing Boozer screaming has been a bonus.

It's weird because if you asked me what I thought about most individual players on the Bulls, I'd say they are at least meeting my expectations, but the team as a whole has not. I hope Thibs can work his usual midseason magic and make them gel.

They are winning 70% of their games while getting virtually nothing from Rose. They went up to Toronto and beat them in their building which is a really tough place to play already. Noah is still like 70% of himself at best right now.

What are your expectations? To never lose a game all season to a bad team?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:08 pm 

Smoke a bowl, FF. No one mentioned record and no one is saying they suck. Based on the eye test, their offense and defense doesn't look as good as one would expect based on some of the very good individual performances they have had by a lot of players on the team. It's more than likely a good thing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:10 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Smoke a bowl, FF. No one mentioned record and no one is saying they suck. Based on the eye test, their offense and defense doesn't look as good as one would expect based on some of the very good individual performances they have had by a lot of players on the team. It's more than likely a good thing.

I mentioned the record and I never said anything about them sucking. I just asked what your expectations are. My bad, I didn't think it was a loaded question. Sensitive much? :D

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
was wrong. I agreed with JORR about Gasol being old, but he was a good pickup and a tremendous upgrade over Boozer. His numbers still aren't great because he's missing bunnies but he will get therE. He spreads out the offense very well.

Gasol can frustrate the hell out of me but he has been great. Not seeing Boozer screaming has been a bonus.

It's weird because if you asked me what I thought about most individual players on the Bulls, I'd say they are at least meeting my expectations, but the team as a whole has not. I hope Thibs can work his usual midseason magic and make them gel.

They are winning 70% of their games while getting virtually nothing from Rose. They went up to Toronto and beat them in their building which is a really tough place to play already. Noah is still like 70% of himself at best right now.

What are your expectations? To never lose a game all season to a bad team?

To be fair, there's no rational explanation why an apparently pretty good effort-based team, even minus it's purported star, shouldn't be able to win at home against a team only dressing 10 guys ... it certainly shouldn't just shit the game away the whole night.

Perhaps the most unfortunate aspect of this particular loss is it directly precedes the 7-game circus trip.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:14 pm 

Definitely a bad game Tiny. But this isn't the NFL. Games like that happen to every team. It doesn't even register to me. I wouldn't think it would to a guy like yourself either.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
With the exception of a few stretches the Bulls have been awful defensively this year.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:17 pm 

Thibs will have to find a way to get something out of their younger players. They were really counting on McDermott and so far they haven't gotten much there. Someone out of the group encompassing he Mirotic or Snell will have to provide some offense

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:18 pm 

Nas wrote:
With the exception of a few stretches the Bulls have been awful defensively this year.

This.

Favrefan, you are making Nas look like Debbie Downer. Congratulations.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Definitely a bad game Tiny. But this isn't the NFL. Games like that happen to every team. It doesn't even register to me. I wouldn't think it would to a guy like yourself either.

Ever since this town lost its professional football franchise I've been antsy ... plus the damn Japs beat the MLB semi-allstars again ... let's just hope the road trip doesn't end up 2-5.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:20 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:

This.

Favrefan, you are making Nas look like Debbie Downer. Congratulations.

I'm just pointing out facts. The only justified concerns right now, IMO, are Rose's health and Mirotic not being ready to play NBA ball.

Worrying about their defense?? :lol: I'm good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:21 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Ever since this town lost its professional football franchise I've been antsy ... plus the damn Japs beat the MLB semi-allstars again ... let's just hope the road trip doesn't end up 2-5.

If they go 2-5 save me a pitchfork.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:23 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Good point. Our fandom has had little reason not to overreact to things.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:25 pm 

We're talking about the Bulls here. They are winners. Get that weak Bears shit outta here.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:25 pm 

Nas wrote:

The NBA game today is, primarily an offensive game. Thibodeau is going to have to evolve. Popovich did. For all the talk about Spurs basketball they have been among the higher scoring teams over the past 3-4 yrs. Your not winning a championship these days unless you can consistently score over 100 points. Thibs will have to alter his approach if the Bulls are going to win anything

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:26 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
We're talking about the Bulls here. They are winners. Get that weak Bears shit outta here.

A 14 year old leash would have agreed with you. That was 16 years ago. I'm also a Cubs fan. Do you need anymore reasons?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

The NBA game today is, primarily an offensive game. Thibodeau is going to have to evolve. Popovich did. For all the talk about Spurs basketball they have been among the higher scoring teams over the past 3-4 yrs. Your not winning a championship these days unless you can consistently score over 100 points. Thibs will have to alter his approach if the Bulls are going to win anything

No.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If they go 2-5 save me a pitchfork.

:lol: :wink:

In all actuality I'm fine overall with the Bulls if for no other reason than they're not any of the other Eastern Conference teams (with the one obvious exception).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:30 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

No.
actually yes. The better teams in the league are offensive minded

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:31 pm 

Somebody get ltg a calendar that doesn't have the 80s Nuggets on it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:32 pm 

That's an overgeneralization. Miami won 2 titles on the back of their defense. They weren't averaging 110 a game. There are a variety of ways to be successful but you can't be terrible at either one.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:33 pm 

long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

No.

Memphis has the best record in the league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

No.

Miami and San Antonio finished 5th and 6th in PPG against last year.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:41 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
That's an overgeneralization. Miami won 2 titles on the back of their defense. They weren't averaging 110 a game. There are a variety of ways to be successful but you can't be terrible at either one.

The two teams that beat them were offensive minded. They really should have lost 3 of 4 you can't completely ignore defense but thinking you are going to win by being a lockdown defensive team is nor cutting it. Where did it get Indiana last yr. I love Memphis but they are not going to win a championship. Lockdown defense got the Bulls a first round exits last yr. Or have we conveniently forgot?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

The two teams that beat them were offensive minded. They really should have lost 3 of 4 you can't completely ignore defense but thinking you are going to win by being a lockdown defensive team is nor cutting it. Where did it get Indiana last yr. I love Memphis but they are not going to win a championship. Lockdown defense got the Bulls a first round exits last yr. Or have we conveniently forgot?

They had a horrendous offense. Read my last sentence.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:47 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

They had a horrendous offense. Read my last sentence.

I'm not suggesting they should be terrible at defense but Thibodeau if given the choice will always focus on defense. You need shot makers and the Bulls haven't had a lot of them. Paxson to his credit has attempted to change this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:49 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

San Antonio was also among the higher scoring teams in the league. Don't know where Miami finished. If you look at the Western Conf. Playoff teams aside from Memphis which ones would be considered defensive teams?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Thibs defensive focus is the only reason the Celtics won a title and the only reason the Bulls made the playoffs the last 2 years. They didn't have anyone that could score.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:55 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No.

PPP > PPG

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next