It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Fred Hoiberg
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:32 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
When you're hell-bent on being right about everything you've ever said you're going to miss a lot. It's hard work trying to convince everyone that Rose is the best player on the team and Butler is just a guy and Taj sucks and Moore isnt an NBA player and (my favorite) Hoiberg is better than Thibs. At least we aren't hearing that Snell should be starting or playing significant minutes anymore and that Thibs was holding him and Mirotic and McDermott back. #Progress

Stop with the trying to be right garbage. It doesn't have legs. Everyone that posts here thinks they are right, you included. Either address the point or don't but constant personal attacks are weak and lame.

No one can address any point. Every statement made circles back to one of those things.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: nino's
long time guy wrote:
Find out ultimately if McDermott can or can't play. That would be the first thing on the agenda.

He sucks. Next agenda item?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:35 am 

Nas wrote:
When you're hell-bent on being right about everything you've ever said you're going to miss a lot. It's hard work trying to convince everyone that Rose is the best player on the team and Butler is just a guy and Taj sucks and Moore isnt an NBA player and (my favorite) Hoiberg is better than Thibs. At least we aren't hearing that Snell should be starting or playing significant minutes anymore and that Thibs was holding him and Mirotic and McDermott back. #Progress

There are guys that make solid points and you wouldn't be one of them. It's hard to blame Rose these days isn't it? Not the problem anymore. Gibson does stink and shouldn't be starting if playing at all.

It's quite ironic that the Bulls suddenly have all this talent, when it was just last yr that everyone seemed to argue that either they werent very talented or had quit on Thibs. This yr they are quite talented and Hoiberg can't coach.

He may not be a good coach, but any team with Etwaun Moore and Taj Gibson starting isn't going to be very good. By the way Butler's mistakes down the stretch did cost the Bulls the game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:38 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Stop with the trying to be right garbage. It doesn't have legs. Everyone that posts here thinks they are right, you included. Either address the point or don't but constant personal attacks are weak and lame.

No one can address any point. Every statement made circles back to one of those things.

Doesn't everyone else's argument revolve around either Hoi berg or Derrick Rose? McDermott is thrown in and that's about it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:39 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

There are guys that make solid points and you wouldn't be one of them. It's hard to blame Rose these days isn't it? Not the problem anymore. Gibson does stink and shouldn't be starting if playing at all.

It's quite ironic that the Bulls suddenly have all this talent, when it was just last yr that everyone seemed to argue that either they werent very talented or had quit on Thibs. This yr they are quite talented and Hoiberg can't coach.

He may not be a good coach, but any team with Etwaun Moore and Taj Gibson starting isn't going to be very good. By the way Butler's mistakes down the stretch did cost the Bulls the game.

Clearly the only person that makes a solid point is you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:40 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Doesn't everyone else's argument revolve around either Hoi berg or Derrick Rose? McDermott is thrown in and that's about it.

No

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:43 am 

There are guys that make good points. I respect other people's opinions by the way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:44 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
There are guys that make good points. I respect other people's opinions by the way.

I'm sure you think you do. That's not the way it comes off.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:52 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'm sure you think you do. That's not the way it comes off.

I can disagree without being disagreeable. I'm not part of the collegial environment and thus it comes off a little different. I only make personal attacks when I'm personally attacked.

It's quite obvious that some guys get a pass when they say dumb stuff and others are hammered or ignored when they make points that have validity.

This notion that guys always have to right is the essence of any message board. Disagreements occur. I can admit to doubts about Hoiberg. Snell should still play in front of Etwaun Moore. My position on that hasn't changed. I still want McDermott to play too. For what it's worth Hubie Brown stated that McDermott is having a sensational season on Sunday. Don't let the McDermott bashers hear that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies

So Rose is the best player :shock: ...here is the reason the Bulls are bad, and until these two go Pop could coach this team and it wouldn't make a difference

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:21 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Did Gar tell his barber to give him the Macklemore?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:33 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:

So Rose is the best player :shock: ...here is the reason the Bulls are bad, and until these two go Pop could coach this team and it wouldn't make a difference

For the past month he has been their best player.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:34 am 

long time guy wrote:

and what the fuck has their record been the last month? I'll hang up and wait for your answer :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
long time guy wrote:

The problem is we have no idea what to expect on any given night. Here are his FG% for the last five games:

And other than the flashes of scoring, he's not contributing at all in any other area.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:05 am 

long time guy wrote:

Since The middle of December the "point" guard has lead the team ONCE in assists and it was 2 against the Lakers..... you guys just love him driving to the hole and not getting fouled you guys are idiots :bom:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
long time guy wrote:

what's he good at? legit question, since I don't watch. just curious.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
WWN is dominating ltg.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
long time guy wrote:
It's quite obvious that some guys get a pass when they say dumb stuff.

Shots fired at FF!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
IMU wrote:
WWN is dominating ltg.

Yeah but ltg 'likes to think he's right', which makes him kind of invincible

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:22 am 

I truly wonder whom he is referring to? I cannot think of anyone that gets a pass on dumb sports thoughts. Social issues? Sure. But when it comes to sports everyone is held accountable on their thoughts and wild predictions.

LTG is the first 'real' sports fan I know of (not one that just claims to be a fan but doesn't pay attention much) that simply does not understand the sports he watches. The goal of scoring more points than your opponent is foreign to him. He doesn't understand that 'most points wins.' This isn't fantasy rotisserie basketball. The Bulls won't win a championship because they make a certain amount of three pointers or score over 102 PPG.

You need to score more than your opponent on a given night. It is okay if you score 85 points a night if you're holding your opponent to 80.

Last edited by IMU on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:22 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:
It's quite obvious that some guys get a pass when they say dumb stuff.

Shots fired at FF!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:53 pm 

IMU wrote:
I truly wonder whom he is referring to? I cannot think of anyone that gets a pass on dumb sports thoughts. Social issues? Sure. But when it comes to sports everyone is held accountable on their thoughts and wild predictions.

LTG is the first 'real' sports fan I know of (not one that just claims to be a fan but doesn't pay attention much) that simply does not understand the sports he watches. The goal of scoring more points than your opponent is foreign to him. He doesn't understand that 'most points wins.' This isn't fantasy rotisserie basketball. The Bulls won't win a championship because they make a certain amount of three pointers or score over 102 PPG.

You need to score more than your opponent on a given night. It is okay if you score 85 points a night if you're holding your opponent to 80.

I don't watch the game yet I am the only person commenting that actually made reference to last night's game.

The NBA has turned into an offensive league. Your best offensive teams tend to be your best teams. Obviously you have to get stops but ball control, slow paced teams masquerading as defensive first teams aren't going to win anything. Why do you think that Indiana changed their philosophy? How has that worked out for the Memphis Grizzlies?

All that talk about identity is garbage. The Bulls weren't getting anywhere with that. This may not work either but their offense had to get better. The personnel has to get better.

Its interesting that none of the points that I made were addressed. Save for the point about Rose. The decisions made by Butler killed the Bulls last night. That game was won. That isn't on Hoiberg. Butler was beaten twice down the stretch by Hayward. He should not have fouled him in the first place. Make him hit a tough two point shot and they win.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:55 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
IMU wrote:
WWN is dominating ltg.

Has anyone, anywhere on this message board, ever found any relevance in anything that you post?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:56 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Reared on the Score wrote:
IMU wrote:
WWN is dominating ltg.

Has anyone, anywhere on this message board, ever found any relevance in anything that you post?
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:56 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
long time guy wrote:

what's he good at? legit question, since I don't watch. just curious.

Best guy that they have at getting his own shot. Those forced Butler shots are becoming increasingly tough to stomach.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

Destroying Butler to prop up Rose seems like a bad idea. By every measurement (including the eye test) Butler is a superior player.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 pm 

Nas wrote:
Destroying Butler to prop up Rose seems like a bad idea. By every measurement (including the eye test) Butler is a superior player.

Butler kind of brought the increased level of scrutiny on himself though. He pulled another get on team Butler manuever this past weekend. They sure know whom to find whenever they want a favorable article written.

It is becoming rather obvious that he is more concerned about being the best player on the team. He plays hard but he is a selfish player.

It's obvious that he wants a Butler centric offense. No doubt about it. Rose isn't the problem currently. They are not losing because of him. Last yr yeah. Earlier this yr arguable. Not right now. That dog ain't hunting. He is playing better and he is competing. He is showing that he has pride.

It's interesting that he is now getting criticized for attacking the basket. Previously he was attacked for shooting too many 3's. Before that he was criticized for not scoring.

S.A, G.S., and Cleveland have backups that are better than Moore and Gibson. Ponder that for a second.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The decisions made by Butler killed the Bulls last night. That game was won.Butler was beaten twice down the stretch by Hayward.

The ONLY REASON the Bulls were in a position to win that game was Butler. He played at an extremely high level for 45 of his 47 minutes played. He was simply exceptional.

You of all people should understand that one or two bad plays does not mean a player had a bad game or "caused" the lost. You're a Carmelo fan, a Derrick Rose fan, a McDermott fan, etc. You should expect no less than a minimum of 6 to 7 bonehead plays per game with those being your idols.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:52 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The decisions made by Butler killed the Bulls last night. That game was won.Butler was beaten twice down the stretch by Hayward.

The ONLY REASON the Bulls were in a position to win that game was Butler. He played at an extremely high level for 45 of his 47 minutes played. He was simply exceptional.

You of all people should understand that one or two bad plays does not mean a player had a bad game or "caused" the lost. You're a Carmelo fan, a Derrick Rose fan, a McDermott fan, etc. You should expect no less than a minimum of 6 to 7 bonehead plays per game with those being your idols.

They were in crunch time. Also missed two free throws down the stretch. I didn't hammer him for that. You can't commit the foul on Hayward in that situation. He then compounds it on the next play by letting the guy blow right past him.

Wasn't it earlier in the year that you heaped all the praise on Butler for "taking over the offense"? Now own it. You were quite comfortable making that comment while they were winning. Now own it. He has killed them in several games the past couple of weeks by playing selfishly.

The guy put a Bullseye on his chest by being a self promoter. He put himself ahead of the team and undermined the coach.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:54 pm 

Simply. Exceptional.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next