It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Fred Hoiberg
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:15 pm 

Anytime he wants to dispense with the experience that is Justin Holiday is aight by me. Hutchinson looked like he belonged today.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I thought Wendell Carter was supposed to be a rim protector? Jabari Parker is playing better D inside than he is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Yeah I'm with it. Can't fight the fight anymore. Team is too undisciplined. That is a reflection of the coach. Watched Dallas and S.A. play last night and you can see what the difference between elite and non elite coaches. Ball movement guys paying attention to detail on defense etc. You also can see little adjustments that the good ones (Pop, Carlisle, Doc) make. Pop loses his point for the year and simply moves Derozan over to handle point guard responsibilities. In this age of small ball and three point shooting Pop goes to back to the basics of playing elbow down/mid range jump shooting. He realizes that small ball means there isn't any rim protection and his two best players are really non 3 point shooting. Rather than simply forcing them to become that he plays to their strengths.

Can't vouch for him any longer. Done

Your contention that coaching doesn't matter in the NBA was one of the more ignorant sports thoughts ever uttered on the board. Hoiberg always sucked ass.

You are lyng about what i said but its not surprising since that is sort of what you do.

Saying that anything pertaining to "most ignorant on here" is A. An exaggzration. And B. Just plain stupid.

Until you can show me a coach that has won or contended for anything with mediocre talent then you really aren't saying shit.

As far as Hoiberg goes he might not be the best or one of the better coaches in the league but he is still missing (3 out of his top 8) guys right now.

Also you thinking Thibs is one of the top 3 coaches in the league (notice how you run from that shit now) is one of the most ignorant comments ever uttered on this board.

Seconded by the Alvin Gentry is the "worst coach in the league" bullshit. Doc too as i remember.

Do you really think you are the best judge of coaching talent because i sure don't.
sucks
Oh yeah he is trolling.

Not trying to lie or troll. You believe talent wins alone but the most talented team in the world isn't winning if the coach sucks. I don't believe I said Gentry is the worst. I said he wasn't special and that he'd be fired mid season last year. He didn't get fired but he's still not special.

Thibs was an extremely good coach in Chicago. Top three. He hasn't been top three in Minny. Current performance doesn't mean you can revise his history in Chicago.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:40 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Yeah I'm with it. Can't fight the fight anymore. Team is too undisciplined. That is a reflection of the coach. Watched Dallas and S.A. play last night and you can see what the difference between elite and non elite coaches. Ball movement guys paying attention to detail on defense etc. You also can see little adjustments that the good ones (Pop, Carlisle, Doc) make. Pop loses his point for the year and simply moves Derozan over to handle point guard responsibilities. In this age of small ball and three point shooting Pop goes to back to the basics of playing elbow down/mid range jump shooting. He realizes that small ball means there isn't any rim protection and his two best players are really non 3 point shooting. Rather than simply forcing them to become that he plays to their strengths.

Your contention that coaching doesn't matter in the NBA was one of the more ignorant sports thoughts ever uttered on the board. Hoiberg always sucked ass.

You are lyng about what i said but its not surprising since that is sort of what you do.

Saying that anything pertaining to "most ignorant on here" is A. An exaggzration. And B. Just plain stupid.

Until you can show me a coach that has won or contended for anything with mediocre talent then you really aren't saying shit.

As far as Hoiberg goes he might not be the best or one of the better coaches in the league but he is still missing (3 out of his top 8) guys right now.

Also you thinking Thibs is one of the top 3 coaches in the league (notice how you run from that shit now) is one of the most ignorant comments ever uttered on this board.

Seconded by the Alvin Gentry is the "worst coach in the league" bullshit. Doc too as i remember.

Do you really think you are the best judge of coaching talent because i sure don't.
sucks
Oh yeah he is trolling.

Not trying to lie or troll. You believe talent wins alone but the most talented team in the world isn't winning if the coach sucks. I don't believe I said Gentry is the worst. I said he wasn't special and that he'd be fired mid season last year. He didn't get fired but he's still not special.

Thibs was an extremely good coach in Chicago. Top three. He hasn't been top three in Minny. Current performance doesn't mean you can revise his history in Chicago.

First of all you stated on numerous occasions that Gentry was an awful or terrible coach. It wasn't just that he "wasn't special" whatever that means you said he was terrible. Don't change it now.

Thibs had a great first 2 years. Average to above average 3-4 year and a bad 5th year. That team underachieved and also quit on him.

If you are going to constantly criticize Hoiberg for not getting the most out of guys then you have to admit that the same thing happened under Thibs.

He has been exposed as an overrated coach and to be honest the mystery surrounding his regular season success is no more.

All he does is play his starters a lot while guys on the other team are sitting. He wears his guys out trying to win "meaningless" regular season games and once he gets to playoffs and other teams begin to play their starters similar minutes he gets blitzed.

His defensive prowess was overstated and ability to "control" has been revealed to be one big joke.

He is currently in the bottom 3rd of coaches currently.

This doesn't even begin to delve into all the leaking to Cowley shit that both he and Butler routinely engaged in..Notice how none of that shit has occurred since those two Judists have been shipped the hell out of town.

Hoiberg may not be the guy but it still doesn't change the fact that Thibs should have been whacked.

I will say this about coaching. A great coach with average talent ain't winning shit.

Pop will never win another championship with the Spurs. Doesn't have the talent. He will never contend for another title. Does it mean that he is a bad coach? no he doesn't have talent.That is all it is.

Steve Kerr isn't a great coach. He blows your theory out the water all by himself.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:49 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

sucks
Oh yeah he is trolling.

First of all you stated on numerous occasions that Gentry was an awful or terrible coach. It wasn't just that he "wasn't special" whatever that means you said he was terrible. Don't change it now.

Thibs had a great first 2 years. Average to above average 3-4 year and a bad 5th year. That team underachieved and also quit on him.

If you are going to constantly criticize Hoiberg for not getting the most out of guys then you have to admit that the same thing happened under Thibs.

He has been exposed as an overrated coach and to be honest the mystery surrounding his regular season success is no more.

All he does is play his starters a lot while guys on the other team are sitting. He wears his guys out trying to win "meaningless" regular season games and once he gets to playoffs and other teams begin to play their starters similar minutes he gets blitzed.

His defensive prowess was overstated and ability to "control" has been revealed to be one big joke.

This doesn't even begin to delve into all the leaking to Cowley shit that both he and Butler routinely engaged in..Notice how none of that shit has occurred since those two Judists have been shipped the hell out of town.

Hoiberg may not be the guy but it still doesn't change the fact that Thibs should have been whacked.

Okay you and me and a whole bunch of guys have gone many rounds on Thibs and we've each TKO'd your ass, so I wouldn't revisit that. I'll grant you a bad 5th year in Chicago but the first four were excellent. Best coaching the city has seen on a basketball court since PJ. Oh yea, you also don't like PJ. There's probably some logic underpinning your ideas on good coaching and whenever you can articulate that I'd be happy to hear you out. Until then you don't make any sense. You clearly can't speak objectively about Thibs since you just said he was in the bottom third of the league even after dragging the Wolves to the playoffs for the first time in forever.

With you it's "Thibs just wins in the regular season" and if he doesn't make the playoffs you'll say "he doesn't make the playoffs" but the fact that you need to win regular season games to make the playoffs seems lost on you. In this sense your Hoiberg loves makes sense because he's generally good for failing at both.

Yeah, no one has leaked to Cowley since Thibs left. That's great. Coincidentally the Bulls haven't looked good since he left either.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:54 pm 

It would be great if this thread stayed on topic(the suckiness of Fred Hoiberg) and maybe the pissing match between LTG and Vegan can be taken elsewhere?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:01 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

sucks
Oh yeah he is trolling.

Okay you and me and a whole bunch of guys have gone many rounds on Thibs and we've each TKO'd your ass, so I wouldn't revisit that. I'll grant you a bad 5th year in Chicago but the first four were excellent. Best coaching the city has seen on a basketball court since PJ. Oh yea, you also don't like PJ. There's probably some logic underpinning your ideas on good coaching and whenever you can articulate that I'd be happy to hear you out. Until then you don't make any sense. You clearly can't speak objectively about Thibs since you just said he was in the bottom third of the league even after dragging the Wolves to the playoffs for the first time in forever.

With you it's "Thibs just wins in the regular season" and if he doesn't make the playoffs you'll say "he doesn't make the playoffs" but the fact that you need to win regular season games to make the playoffs seems lost on you. In this sense your Hoiberg loves makes sense because he's generally good for failing at both.

Yeah, no one has leaked to Cowley since Thibs left. That's great. Coincidentally the Bulls haven't looked good since he left either.

He hasn't looked good either. The bloom is off that rose and if the only thing you have is "Thibs shouldn't have been fired simply because Hoiberg is terrible" then you really don't have much. The two are mutually exclusive.

There are easily 15-20 coaches that i would rather have him. Including Gentry and Doc who you dissed as well.

Dragging the Wolves to the playoffs? He had a team built to make the playoffs and barely made it anyway.

You can't watch an NBA telecast these days without someone (Webber being the latest) to question his coaching.

I have been affirmed in the whole Thibs thing.

If Hoiberg doesn't pan out thats fine. I will own it. Still doesn't change the fact that Thibs should have been canned.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:02 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
It would be great if this thread stayed on topic(the suckiness of Fred Hoiberg) and maybe the pissing match between LTG and Vegan can be taken elsewhere?

Not this rip. He has to be vindicated. Can't let his love of Thibs go without a fight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:06 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

sucks
Oh yeah he is trolling.

What are your ideas on good coaching? You simply do what everyone else does and that is if you win you're good if you lose then you are bad. Its lazy analysis.

Talent plays the most significant role in winning and losing. You seem to buy the hype regarding "great" coaches.i don't

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Not this rip. He has to be vindicated. Can't let his love of Thibs go without a fight.

THibs is a very good coach. The object of a coach is to get the most out of his players and win. Thibs did all of that.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 am 

The Hawk wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

THibs is a very good coach. The object of a coach is to get the most out of his players and win. Thibs did all of that.

Bulls players were burned out after playing for him and they quit on him in his last season with the team. Wolves players are currently doing the exact same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:53 pm 

How much more of this clown!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:03 pm 

FIRE THIS COCKSUCKER!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
One of the worst coaches I've ever seen.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:08 pm 

There is no more fucking excuses...there are shooters/scores on this team. Fuck this "we need players to fit Fred offense" fuck that mystical "Hoiball" shit, all the fuck it is, is run down the floor and chuck as many volume shots as you can, the fucking stat nerd fuckers like Bernstine thought this guy was a fucking nba offense savant, fucking morons, he was the assistant GM in Minny when they passed on Steph Curry he's the beta /beta'st flaming homo of a man out there get his fucking ass out of town, 4 years of this shit can't take it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
After sipping on some Makers Mark I finally go it! Fred wants to get shit canned pick up a college gig in January Also the Bulls like to fire coaches on Christmas Eve and Fred so loves the Yuletide :santa:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
Anytime he wants to dispense with the experience that is Justin Holiday is aight by me. Hutchinson looked like he belonged today.

Hutchinson scored zero points in 28 minutes.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:54 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Hutchinson scored zero points in 28 minutes.

Just means he has upside.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:40 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

That seems to be an indictment on every player and every coach they have ever had :shock:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Caller Bob wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:27 pm 

Another 40 point loss. My guess is it's taking so long to fire this fraud because Forman has to go with him. Can't can Hoiberg without sending his no 1 advocate with him. Absolute disaster situation.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:46 pm 

Not trying to defend Hoiberg because he absolutely deserves to be fired.

But right now it would not matter who the coach is with Dunn, Marrk, and Portis out. And then throw in Lavine out tonight.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:

But right now it would not matter who the coach is with Dunn, Marrk, and Portis out. And then throw in Lavine out tonight.

No, it wouldn't matter who is coach, what matters is he doesn't COACH! There's NEVER has been continuity with this fucker. Shit, if you want a guy to roll the balls out, hire the fucking ballboy.

Michael Reinsdorf should fire the cuck, install Paxson to the end of the year, tell him to get some semblance of a plan, and if he balks, fire his ass too. It hurts my heart watching Lavine and Parker out there winging it, rudderless.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:12 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNY3DEFSp90

:wink:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:

I agree but the effort isn't there. I kinda feel bad for him because he was set up to fail.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:47 pm 

The only reason you keep this clown now is for the Zion tank. I would sit Lauri out for the year too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
The only reason you keep this clown now is for the Zion tank. I would sit Lauri out for the year too.

He's not bad enough to lose 70 games with everyone healthy. You have to intentionally hold those guys out for nearly all of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:51 pm 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's not bad enough to lose 70 games with everyone healthy. You have to intentionally hold those guys out for nearly all of the season.

So be it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

So be it.

I don't disagree. They have a chance to get a franchise player and they should take it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
NBA went after the Bulls last year for sitting Justin Holiday and Robin Lopez when they were healthy, just think what they'd do if the Bulls sat somebody good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next