It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Fred Hoiberg
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
His game doesn't translate to the NBA (unless you have 12 scorers like the Warriors do)
He doesn't have the fire and the passion nor TWTW.
He definitely does not fit well with an organization that has no personnel that can even begin to fit into his system
The Bulls' best player and face of the franchise does not jive with Hoiberg.
The Bulls previously had the second best coach in the NBA and anything besides Popovich was a downgrade.
The Bulls currently have their worst point differential since 2009 (excluding the year Rose missed)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
IMU wrote:
His game doesn't translate to the NBA (unless you have 12 scorers like the Warriors do)
He doesn't have the fire and the passion nor TWTW.
He definitely does not fit well with an organization that has no personnel that can even begin to fit into his system
The Bulls' best player and face of the franchise does not jive with Hoiberg.
The Bulls previously had the second best coach in the NBA and anything besides Popovich was a downgrade.
The Bulls currently have their worst point differential since 2009 (excluding the year Rose missed)

:lol: at that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:47 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
As someone who rarely if ever watches an NBA game, can someone explain to me why people are calling for this guy to get canned halfway through his first season? Serious question.

Unless the Bulls go out and rehire the "second best coach in the NBA" few will be satisfied. It is interesting that the "second best coach in the NBA" has yet to be hired by anyone else either. I know he is simply waiting on his plum job before he gets back in the game. That's what his supporters will tell you. Its interesting how the narrative sort of shifted once Hoiberg became the coach.

It wasn't too long ago that the overriding argument was that the Bulls were a team devoid of talent. The vast majority of their wins were due to the basketball genius of Thibodeau. Now they are presented as a talent laden team coached by a buffoon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
As someone who rarely if ever watches an NBA game, can someone explain to me why people are calling for this guy to get canned halfway through his first season? Serious question.

Unless the Bulls go out and rehire the "second best coach in the NBA" few will be satisfied. It is interesting that the "second best coach in the NBA" has yet to be hired by anyone else either. I know he is simply waiting on his plum job before he gets back in the game. That's what his supporters will tell you. Its interesting how the narrative sort of shifted once Hoiberg became the coach.

It wasn't too long ago that the overriding argument was that the Bulls were a team devoid of talent. The vast majority of their wins were due to the basketball genius of Thibodeau. Now they are presented as a talent laden team coached by a buffoon.

I'm calling bullshit on your last sentence. People said the Bulls didn't have talent because of injuries and at one point the Bulls traded their best healthy scorer in the middle of the season. DJ Augustine was their best scorer that year. With the development of Butler and the addition of a Portis and the Bulls being healthier this is arguably their best team since the Bulls dynasty. Call it bad luck or whatever else but Thibs didn't have this.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Wagering has become a hot topic on this board.

What would you feel comfortable wagering against Tom Thibodeau coaching in the NBA during the 2016-17 season?

We would both be required to send our wagers to a third party to hold onto until the bet is settled.

Top shelf coaches and managers have been taking a year off between jobs since professional sports were founded. If you think Thibodeau's phone was silent last off-season, you're crazy.

edit: Not crazy. Willfully stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm sure given the way things went down with the Bulls, Thibs will be selective.

If you think the Bulls are better off with Hoiberg, I'll respectfully disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
I'm sure given the way things went down with the Bulls, Thibs will be selective.

If you think the Bulls are better off with Hoiberg, I'll respectfully disagree.

Too early to say.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:22 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Wagering has become a hot topic on this board.

What would you feel comfortable wagering against Tom Thibodeau coaching in the NBA during the 2016-17 season?

We would both be required to send our wagers to a third party to hold onto until the bet is settled.

Top shelf coaches and managers have been taking a year off between jobs since professional sports were founded. If you think Thibodeau's phone was silent last off-season, you're crazy.

edit: Not crazy. Willfully stupid.

I'm certain he will be coaching so I'm not going to take the bet. My contention is that he is not as in demand as his supporters would have you think. If he were he would have his pick of jobs and he hasn't. Teams didn't exactly line up for him, which should have occurred for the second best coach in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
When Cleveland don't get it done this year, Thibs will be hired n look out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

I'm calling bullshit on your last sentence. People said the Bulls didn't have talent because of injuries and at one point the Bulls traded their best healthy scorer in the middle of the season. DJ Augustine was their best scorer that year. With the development of Butler and the addition of a Portis and the Bulls being healthier this is arguably their best team since the Bulls dynasty. Call it bad luck or whatever else but Thibs didn't have this.

Last yr the Bulls even while fully healthy appeared to underachieve. Gasol performed better last yr and Butler emerged and they still didn't look that impressive.

Thibs offensive schemes stunk and he has to own that. He called all the plays from the bench. He also was the architect of said offense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:38 pm 

And yet Thibs teams consistently have a better point differential. The goal is to score more points than the opponent. Not to score 120 a night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
He's terrible.

He must be fired.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Last yr the Bulls even while fully healthy appeared to underachieve. Gasol performed better last yr and Butler emerged and they still didn't look that impressive.

Thibs offensive schemes stunk and he has to own that. He called all the plays from the bench. He also was the architect of said offense.

Noah played on 1 leg and Taj ankles were shot. Rose was Rose. They were never healthy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:46 pm 

312player wrote:

I don't discount it but wasn't he supposed to be in line for all of the job openings last season? It went from compensation to him deciding to sit out a yr.

He will get another job but anyone that thinks he did a good job coaching last yrs team needs their head examined. Better talent exposed him as a coach. They have the same team that they had last season.

The excuse making got to a point to where people were clamoring for the services of Mike Dunleavy of all people. He was deemed to be a difference maker.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:51 pm 

IMU wrote:
And yet Thibs teams consistently have a better point differential. The goal is to score more points than the opponent. Not to score 120 a night.

Where was that point differential when they struggled to score during the playoffs?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

I don't discount it but wasn't he supposed to be in line for all of the job openings last season? It went from compensation to him deciding to sit out a yr.

He will get another job but anyone that thinks he did a good job coaching last yrs team needs their head examined. Better talent exposed him as a coach. They have the same team that they had last season.

The excuse making got to a point to where people were clamoring for the services of Mike Dunleavy of all people. He was deemed to be a difference maker.

Stop making stuff up. You're the one saying Dunleavy is a difference maker (I assume tongue in cheek) this year. I and many others believe that he should be gone.

The Bulls had a ton of injuries last year to key players. Their heart and soul played on 1 leg for the entire year. Rose and Taj missed a lot of games too. Yes they should have beaten a short handed Cleveland team (despite the injuries) but stars usually win series and Gasol was the closest thing to a star the Bulls had and he got hurt at the wrong time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Where was that point differential when they struggled to score during the playoffs?

Let me present you with an idea referred to as 'sample size.'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:09 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Let me present you with an idea referred to as 'sample size.'

The Bulls went to 6 games with a Milwaukee team that really wasn't that good also. Lest not forget that not so stellar showing.

The fact of the matter is that the clamoring for Thibs never quite materialized. He was not the hottest coach on the market obviously. Teams repeatedly passed him over once he became available.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

I blame Paxson for that.. If he could act professional n keep his big mouth shut ... He could have gotten some compensation for Thibs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:13 pm 

You've confirmed that you have no idea what to make of sample size.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:18 pm 

IMU wrote:
You've confirmed that you have no idea what to make of sample size.

The Bulls played 12 games during the playoffs and routinely had droughts of 6 to 7 minutes. Apparently you have no idea what to make of this. That offense was brutal to watch. 3 games against Cleveland where they scored in the 70's. Don't know how small a size that was. They were blown out in the deciding game. Both Irving and Love out. It was time for Thibs to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:20 pm 

312player wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

I blame Paxson for that.. If he could act professional n keep his big mouth shut ... He could have gotten some compensation for Thibs.

He may have been able to get a second rounder for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:20 pm 

You're trying to compare 12 games against hundreds. You understand this? How many times does 12 go into...let's say 300? Use a calculator if needed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Thibs time was over. He was a good coach for the 1st several seasons but his time was up. The core tired of him. They would have been as bad or worse this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:26 pm 

IMU wrote:
You're trying to compare 12 games against hundreds. You understand this? How many times does 12 go into...let's say 300? Use a calculator if needed.

The more you type the dumber you are sounding. The Bulls stunk during the playoffs and it was obvious Thibs had no answers. Cleveland beat a Bulls roster without two of their top three players basically.

You are referencing regular season games from earlier seasons. What bearing does that have on last season? They stunk and he should have been whacked.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Fire him, if for no other reason than not having to look at his douchey little "punch me" face anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:51 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Fire him, if for no other reason than not having to look at his douchey little "punch me" face anymore.

I thought they would be a little better, but I'm willing to give him a little more time. No way are they eating both he and Thibs's contracts. For better or worse they are stuck with Hoiberg.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
lipidquadcab wrote:

I too am conflicted by the Hoiberg-bashing. Clones gave up 60 points in a half v. Baylor over the weekend. Under Freddy, 50 tops.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm willing to give him 2 years

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
He's got that "Lovie Smith" look during games. Kind of quiet with a blank stare.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next