It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Fred Hoiberg
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bulls under Thibbs were not underachievers...you bring up Rose playing with a mask for Hoiberg yet fail to mention the year and half he missed under Thibbs

Did Thibs underachieve with Minnesota this year yeah or nay?

The players did

Come on, Walt. He basically asked you if grass is green. Its ok to just say yes instead of dodging the question.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bulls under Thibbs were not underachievers...you bring up Rose playing with a mask for Hoiberg yet fail to mention the year and half he missed under Thibbs

The players did

Come on, Walt. He basically asked you if grass is green. Its ok to just say yes instead of dodging the question.

Come on the whole organization underachieved.....I have never heard of a coach under achieving, Do you actually thing he coached any less then he did when the Bulls won 62 yeah or nay?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:09 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The players did

Come on the whole organization underachieved.....I have never heard of a coach under achieving, Do you actually thing he coached any less then he did when the Bulls won 62 yeah or nay?

You can't coach every player the same way. Every player responds differently. He obviously was much less effective coaching this year than when the Bulls won 62, yeah. Everyone agrees he has enough talent to at a very minimum win 41 games.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The players did

You can't coach every player the same way. Every player responds differently. He obviously was much less effective coaching this year than when the Bulls won 62, yeah. Everyone agrees he has enough talent to at a very minimum win 41 games.

and he doesn't coach every player the same ie. Butler and Noah.So the players did not win 41 games because of Thibs coaching? That's bullshit!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 pm 

and he doesn't coach every player the same ie. Butler and Noah.So the players did not win 41 games because of Thibs coaching? That's bullshit!

I would put blame on the players too, but Thibs is the goddamn head coach. So you want to just give him credit when things go well but absolve him of all blame when things go terribly?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The players did

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=106001&start=510#p2704357

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:26 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

I would put blame on the players too, but Thibs is the goddamn head coach. So you want to just give him credit when things go well but absolve him of all blame when things go terribly?

what part of "whole" organization don't you get?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

I don't get your reluctance to say "Yeah, Thibs was bad this season. I expect him to be better next year"

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't get your reluctance to say "Yeah, Thibs was bad this season. I expect him to be better next year"

I don't get your reluctance to say "Yeah the players were bad this season. I expect them to be better next season"

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't get your reluctance to say "Yeah the players were bad this season. I expect them to be better next season"

You thought Karl Anthony Towns was bad this season? I didn't. But yeah, I do expect the players and Thibs to have a better season next year. This season was unarguably a disaster.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You thought Karl Anthony Towns was bad this season?(DID I SAY THAT?) I didn't. But yeah, I do expect the players and Thibs to have a better season next year. This season was unarguably a disaster.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:55 pm 

You said the players were bad, and he's a player, so...

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You thought Karl Anthony Towns was bad this season? I didn't. But yeah, I do expect the players and Thibs to have a better season next year. This season was unarguably a disaster.

I do hope that Thibs makes whatever adjustments need to be made in terms of the offensive and defensive schemes he's running. I just hope he's not someone like Phil who insists on running the triangle despite not having the proper personnel to do so. For instance I think it might behoove the Wolves to get out and run & gun. I realize he's the GM too and can at least attempt to mold the roster to his liking, but I just hope he's someone that tailors the scheme to the players he has and not the other way around

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:11 pm 

That's one of the biggest criticisms of him. Sam Smith alluded to it and I've heard several coaches recently take jabs at him for his micromanagement of games. Mike Malone talked about how he likes to "manage every dribble". You saw it with the Bulls too. How many times did they have to take shots with less than 5 seconds to go on the shot clock. Sometimes it seemed like whole games were being played in this fashion.

Honestly Bagels that is why I stopped buying into the hype that last season. I used to think that the reason that the Bulls struggled to score was due to a lack of offensive personnel. There is some truth to it but they also struggled to score because of basic rudimentary play calling and style of play. A team with Gasol playing at a high level Butler showing ability and Rose should struggle as much as they did.

His plays were extremely predictable (how many times could you watch the high dribble handoff with Noah before you wanted to puke). I also saw a guy that sought to control every aspect of the game and it was off setting.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I have reservations about Hoiberg but I don't think that He is anywhere near the albatross that some have portrayed him to be. If he were then they should be able to state how a better coach would have drastically improved the team. They rarely if ever do. Its standard meatball stuff about "he stinks" he's terrible ya ya ya. At least when I bashed Thibs I could point to specific stuff. Gets old after awhile.

A better coach (pretty much any other coach) would have been able to run an offense and defense that can correctly use the team's personnel. The team, even despite the flaws many players exhibit, should have been a five or a six seed in the East. Hoiberg has no idea how to use one of the Top 10 players in the NBA. He benched Rajon Rondo in order to start three point guards that probably shouldn't be playing any minutes. How has he helped develop Valentine and Payne? Why does he sit Robin Lopez each time he starts to win the matchup with opposing teams?

edit: I'm not done. Mirotic and McDermott were main reasons why Hoiberg was brought to Chicago. They are the type of players that should flourish with him. They've been brutal.

When is he required to answer to any of the above? This isn't one or two failures being weighed against his successes. He has no successes. There is not one thing he can hang his hat on.

Vinny Del Negro had more success as a Bulls head coach than Fred Hoiberg. Vinny del Fucking Negro.

LTG, you always mention how you bring up great points but they get ignored. Why have you not responded to this yet?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:29 pm 

IMU wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I have reservations about Hoiberg but I don't think that He is anywhere near the albatross that some have portrayed him to be. If he were then they should be able to state how a better coach would have drastically improved the team. They rarely if ever do. Its standard meatball stuff about "he stinks" he's terrible ya ya ya. At least when I bashed Thibs I could point to specific stuff. Gets old after awhile.

A better coach (pretty much any other coach) would have been able to run an offense and defense that can correctly use the team's personnel. The team, even despite the flaws many players exhibit, should have been a five or a six seed in the East. Hoiberg has no idea how to use one of the Top 10 players in the NBA. He benched Rajon Rondo in order to start three point guards that probably shouldn't be playing any minutes. How has he helped develop Valentine and Payne? Why does he sit Robin Lopez each time he starts to win the matchup with opposing teams?

edit: I'm not done. Mirotic and McDermott were main reasons why Hoiberg was brought to Chicago. They are the type of players that should flourish with him. They've been brutal.

When is he required to answer to any of the above? This isn't one or two failures being weighed against his successes. He has no successes. There is not one thing he can hang his hat on.

Vinny Del Negro had more success as a Bulls head coach than Fred Hoiberg. Vinny del Fucking Negro.

LTG, you always mention how you bring up great points but they get ignored. Why have you not responded to this yet?

I don't think that Butler is one of the top ten players in the league and I believe that this past series further illustrated that.

I agree about Lopez being taken out but I think he does it because Lopez struggles with pick and roll.

McDermott played much better under Hoiberg than he ever played for Thibs and Thibs would never have played Portis. Jury still out on Portis. Word on the street is that the Bulls management decided to bench Portis earlier in the season because he told them that he wasn't going to play the "5". Got it on good authority from my peeps that know people if you know what I mean.

I think next year is the definitive year for Portis. Has shown flashes and he isn't a flop like you've suggested.

Mirotic is a bum and he has regressed under Hoiberg. He played better as a rookie but even Thibs benched him during the playoffs. As much as the perception relates to him having a good rookie season it wasn't as good as previously thought. He only shot 40% which is dreadful for a guy reputed to be a dead eye marksman.

Hoiberg has done a terrible job of handling him. He should have been benched a long time ago and I agree that Portis should have been given a shot to start.

As far as Rondo's benching I believe that it had more to do with him not clicking with Wade and Butler than anything. I think his disrespect of the assistant coach also played a role. I didn't agree with it but it did light a fire under him because Rondo played much better afterwards. Who knows if he'd played as well while starting alongside the two ballstoppers.

Payne stinks as a basketball player. There isn't anything to develop there. Could be wrong. Hope I am and we will see next year. I like Valentine. Think he can be a rotation guy but lacks athletic ability and plays the swingman role which is probably the most athletic position in the league. He is going to struggle defensively and can't create offensively.

He should play before MCW Grant Payne and Canaan. He doesn't and that is a mistake on Hoiberg's part.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Thank you for responding.

I don't think you and I are so far from each other on most things. In a long discussion, we'll agree on a lot.

But there are some sticking points.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Hoiberg is a beta male. Can't have the inmates running the asylum. Look at every coach who's been very successful and you will see guys who were unquestionably in charge. Even Phil Jackson was in charge (or at least co-in charge) with the most egomaniacal player in history on his team.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:12 pm 

IMU wrote:
Thank you for responding.

I don't think you and I are so far from each other on most things. In a long discussion, we'll agree on a lot.

But there are some sticking points.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Maybe the Bulls don't have to fire him. He's emerged as a real candidate for Ohio State CBS Sports says.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:41 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Maybe the Bulls don't have to fire him. He's emerged as a real candidate for Ohio State CBS Sports says.

Source: Rajon Rondo

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Ron Wolfley wrote:

The road map certainly has a clear path.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith held the same position for Iowa State while a guard named Fred Hoiberg was setting school records for the Cyclones men’s basketball program. The same Gene Smith who fired hoops coach Thad Matta earlier this week, and is in need of a replacement sooner than later.

The unforeseen obstacle on this road map?

Multiple sources told the Sun-Times on Wednesday that there has been absolutely no contact made from Smith and the Buckeyes program with Hoiberg, who still has three years and $15 million left on his Bulls deal.

Even if Ohio State had interest in making a run at Hoiberg, one source said the timing of Smith removing Matta suggests that he already had someone in mind.

The fact that Hoiberg hasn’t even been contacted doesn’t bode well for him being a serious contender at this point in the process.

“Gene is usually very thought out,’’ the source said.

Still, there have been whispers coming out of Columbus that Hoiberg could be an option, especially after he returned to Iowa State as a coach in 2010, putting the program back into national prominence in his five years with a 115-56 record.
In his two seasons with the Bulls, however, Hoiberg has offered up no indication that he would even want to return to the college coaching ranks.

Not that anyone could blame him if he did jump ship.

Like former coach Tom Thibodeau had to deal with, Hoiberg has a front office that does very little in terms of delivering the type of players to fit the system of their head coach, and a duo in general manager Gar Forman and VP of basketball operations John Paxson who have no problem undermining the job their coach is doing.

“I think Fred’s challenge this offseason is to find ways to be a better leader,’’ Paxson said of Hoiberg in an end of the season press conference. “I think he showed progress in that area.’’

It hasn’t helped that Hoiberg has also had to deal with an assistant coaching staff of several guys that report directly to Forman, leading to major questions about their loyalty to their current head coach.

If by some chance Hoiberg, who could not be reached for comment, did leave, because of the timing, assistant Jim Boylen – a Forman guy – would be the likely logical replacement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:01 pm 

@OSUBballinsider: "Have been told Fred Hoiberg could be OSU head coach a soon as tomorrow or Friday."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:03 pm 

Please be true.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:03 pm 

I am not getting my hopes up. Any time there are these jobs open there are all types of false information out there. It was not too long ago there was sources saying Billy Donovan was going to be the new IU coach too.

I fully expect Hoiberg back with the Bulls...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:04 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
@OSUBballinsider: "Have been told Fred Hoiberg could be OSU head coach a soon as tomorrow or Friday."

OH YEA !!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:09 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

OH YEA !!!!!!

He's an insider. Must have the inside scoop.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:11 pm 

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine: "Hearing increasingly strong rumbles that Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg is on Ohio State's very short list as @GaryParrishCBS first reported."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:12 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

OH YEA !!!!!!

He's an insider. Must have the inside scoop.

I've always loved @OSUBballinsider. Going back to the Brad Sellers days.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:12 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I am not getting my hopes up. Any time there are these jobs open there are all types of false information out there. It was not too long ago there was sources saying Billy Donovan was going to be the new IU coach too.

I fully expect Hoiberg back with the Bulls...

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH !!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next