It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:01 pm 

What is the story with his heart problems? I know he has had a couple heart surgeries, but is this an isolated situation and he should be good now or is there a continued risk of more heart problems down the road?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
RFDC wrote:
What is the story with his heart problems? I know he has had a couple heart surgeries, but is this an isolated situation and he should be good now or is there a continued risk of more heart problems down the road?

I might go with a bow tie. Could be harder for Paxson to grip.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
clip on

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:38 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
clip on

Nailed it.

And when Pax pulls it off, he gets shot with water.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jerry won't negotiate with a coach's agent unless he's Arn Tellem. :lol:

correct

And they wanted Skiles to quit because while cutting his deal Skiles did negotiate no offset deals.

So if Skiles was fired, the money owed would be offset by furture earnins. Skiles got that knocked out.

'Arn is fair to deal with" Someone once said......

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
I don't really believe that Thibs is a championship level coach. Championship level coaches make adjustments whether it's in personnel or strategy. Sometimes both. He doesn't.

For all of the talk about meddling and leaks. He has leaked things. Everyone knew about his displeasure regarding the Deng trade. Paxson was right to trade Deng in hindsight.

Sam Smith stated earlier in the year that Thibs was not in favor of mid season acquisitions because he didn't like to work players into his system after the start of the season. That is huge and partially explains why the Bulls haven't made any mid season trades. That's an example of him meddling in personnel affairs.

There was no reason to trade Deng. It saved them about $2M in luxury tax savings but it took away their best offensive player. The Bulls had a losing record at that point and most people thought they would be a lottery team. Then the team rallied around Thibs "we have enough " mantra.

Sam Smith is the mouthpiece of the front office. The Bulls don't make trades because they don't know how to. They signed Augustine mid season and he was starting for the Bulls by the playoffs.

Thibs doesn't make adjustments? How did he win 65% of his games despite not having Rose for 53% of his games. Because of great talent? He had the offense run through Noah after they traded Deng. His best offensive players were Deng, Augustine and Nate Robinson before Gasol arrived. Most coaches wouldn't even make the playoffs let alone be a top seed. He coached to win based on what he had.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

They wanted Thibodeau to fail. They did all they could to undermine him so they could hire the coach they Hoiberg. The Hoiberg hiring was essentially made in January.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I don't really believe that Thibs is a championship level coach. Championship level coaches make adjustments whether it's in personnel or strategy. Sometimes both. He doesn't.

For all of the talk about meddling and leaks. He has leaked things. Everyone knew about his displeasure regarding the Deng trade. Paxson was right to trade Deng in hindsight.

Sam Smith stated earlier in the year that Thibs was not in favor of mid season acquisitions because he didn't like to work players into his system after the start of the season. That is huge and partially explains why the Bulls haven't made any mid season trades. That's an example of him meddling in personnel affairs.

There was no reason to trade Deng. It saved them about $2M in luxury tax savings but it took away their best offensive player. The Bulls had a losing record at that point and most people thought they would be a lottery team. Then the team rallied around Thibs "we have enough " mantra.

Sam Smith is the mouthpiece of the front office. The Bulls don't make trades because they don't know how to. They signed Augustine mid season and he was starting for the Bulls by the playoffs.

Thibs doesn't make adjustments? How did he win 65% of his games despite not having Rose for 53% of his games. Because of great talent? He had the offense run through Noah after they traded Deng. His best offensive players were Deng, Augustine and Nate Robinson before Gasol arrived. Most coaches wouldn't even make the playoffs let alone be a top seed. He coached to win based on what he had.

The Bulls got better after they traded Deng and Deng hasn't been good since the trade. He looked terrible in Cleveland. Not resigning him allowed the Bulls to have money for Gasol.

This criticism of Paxson is simply flawed. The Bulls have a solid roster. Everyone knows it.

Thibs doesn't make adjustments. He had no answers for Kidd's trap of the screen and roll.

He kept running that same dribble hand off with Noah even though everyone could see that Cleveland wasn't going to guard Noah. His best play often was Noah standing around with his back to the basket from the top of the key. He was always looking desperate for someone to pass to. Shot clock winding down each and every time. No one was ever guarding him because he couldn't make a play.

His answer for stopping JR and Shumpert was to place the slow footed Dunleavy on them. From the start of the series you could see that Shumpert was licking his chops at the prospect of being guarded by Dunleavy. It didn't change once JR checked in a few games later. They lit his ass up every game.

Played Hinrich 25 min. a game during the season. That's a crime in of itself. It's even more criminal once you consider that Snell is a much better player at this point.

The Bulls have played the same slow paced style regardless of the offensive personnel. If you look at the Bulls starting five and match them up against Golden State it's really not much difference. GS has better shooters but Gasol is better than anyone on GS frontline. So is a healthy Noah. I'm really taken aback by this notion that the Bulls don't have talent.

Steve Smith and Chris Webber among others have taken Thibs to task for some of his coaching decisions. They also have lauded some of the younger players on the team. These are players that Thibs refuses to play. Are they Bulls mouthpieces or are they guys that know the game and know talent.

His inability to make adjustments goes back to the beginning. His first year in the playoffs he continuously ran Korver out there even though it was obvious that he was an offensive and defensive liability. It became painful to watch by the time it got to Miami. He couldn't guard anyone and could not get a shot off. Reggie Miller stated that this wasn't his series to play. Did Thibs sit him? nope. I overlooked it because Thibs was a rookie coach. Five yrs later he was still displaying the same stubbornness.

While you are talking about how most coaches wouldn't have made the playoffs with last yrs talent both Stephens and Kidd just did that with far worst talent.

Last edited by long time guy on Sat May 30, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:08 pm 

Nas wrote:
They wanted Thibodeau to fail. They did all they could to undermine him so they could hire the coach they Hoiberg. The Hoiberg hiring was essentially made in January.

I was never in favor of minutes restrictions but it is pretty much accepted practice that guys coming off injury will be placed on min. restrictions. Every team does it. When Stacey King states that management shouldn't have to get involved in that he is right. If that's your proof that he was being undermined have at it.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I'm not much of a basketball guy but Thibbs is like an amazing coach isn't he? How many people can be better?
Communication doesn't win games. That's silly.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:26 pm 

Darkside wrote:
I'm not much of a basketball guy but Thibbs is like an amazing coach isn't he? How many people can be better?
Communication doesn't win games. That's silly.

I would place him in the top 10. I think the stuff about communication was only one aspect. I believe it was mostly about in game stuff. When Paxson stated that they wouldn't be at the podium if they'd made it to the Finals I believed him.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:16 am 

Looks like 'TimThibodeax' (Tom's brother or long lost cousin?) has been spotted with another former Chicago coach! -- :-) :lol:

https://twitter.com/georgelopez/status/ ... 0980247552

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
This guy does have some issues. Enjoy life buddy!

NBA Rumors retweeted
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 27m27 minutes ago

One source close to Thibs on what he will do if doesn't get a job for this season. "He might watch film for a year straight. No lie."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Van Gundy defending his guy!! Attaboy Jeff, fuck those knobs in the Bull front office.

Jeff Van Gundy refuses to stop criticizing the Chicago Bulls. During an ESPN conference call on Monday, Van Gundy took the organization to task for the way it fired Tom Thibodeau, saying a statement released by owner Jerry Reinsdorf "reeked of a lack of class."

Van Gundy is a close friend and mentor of Thibodeau's and had expressed concerns about how the front office was treating the then-Bulls coach during a January broadcast. He said the Bulls' brass had "publicly supported their coach, while privately, oftentimes undermined that same person."

Gar Forman confronted Van Gundy after the game and the two reportedly exchanged insults.

During another broadcast, Van Gundy took a shot at John Paxson, who had said the former New York Knicks and Houston Rockets coach owed Reinsdorf an apology. Van Gundy said "[Paxson] was so mad at me I thought I had traded LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas and not him."

The two incidents played a part in destroying the relationship between the front office a especially Reinsdorf and Thibodeau, who they suspected had asked Van Gundy to speak on his behalf.

Van Gundy clearly has a problem with the way the Bulls have dealt with coaches in the past and has the platform to air his grievances. The Bulls made the firing of Thibodeau uglier than it needed to be and now they are getting the public relationship hit they should have tried to avoid. It wouldn't be surprising if others soon join Van Gundy in chastising an organization that has alienated even its most successful coaches.

More from SBNation.com

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:34 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Van Gundy defending his guy!! Attaboy Jeff, fuck those knobs in the Bull front office.

Jeff Van Gundy refuses to stop criticizing the Chicago Bulls. During an ESPN conference call on Monday, Van Gundy took the organization to task for the way it fired Tom Thibodeau, saying a statement released by owner Jerry Reinsdorf "reeked of a lack of class."
"The statement that they put out when they let Tom go proves once again that every organization needs a vice president of common sense," Van Gundy said in an ESPN conference call on Monday, via Sports Illustrated's Ben Golliver. "When you have a public relations, high powered public relations business put that out and then you have multiple people have to co-sign it to put it out, and it just absolutely reeked of a lack of class, it shows that you just need somebody to say whoa. Let's just acknowledge his greatness, Thiboeau's greatness, and let's just move on. But it didn't happen that way.

"And in some ways, in an odd way, I think it was good because, to me, that statement revealed exactly who each person was," he continued. "It reveals who Jerry Reinsdorf is. It reveals who Gar Forman is. And Tom Thibodeau's statement reveals who he is. Everybody had to put their name finally on who they were, and they did. I think that's great."

Van Gundy is a close friend and mentor of Thibodeau's and had expressed concerns about how the front office was treating the then-Bulls coach during a January broadcast. He said the Bulls' brass had "publicly supported their coach, while privately, oftentimes undermined that same person."

Gar Forman confronted Van Gundy after the game and the two reportedly exchanged insults.

During another broadcast, Van Gundy took a shot at John Paxson, who had said the former New York Knicks and Houston Rockets coach owed Reinsdorf an apology. Van Gundy said "[Paxson] was so mad at me I thought I had traded LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas and not him."

The two incidents played a part in destroying the relationship between the front office a especially Reinsdorf and Thibodeau, who they suspected had asked Van Gundy to speak on his behalf.

Van Gundy clearly has a problem with the way the Bulls have dealt with coaches in the past and has the platform to air his grievances. The Bulls made the firing of Thibodeau uglier than it needed to be and now they are getting the public relationship hit they should have tried to avoid. It wouldn't be surprising if others soon join Van Gundy in chastising an organization that has alienated even its most successful coaches.

More from SBNation.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
"The statement that they put out when they let Tom go proves once again that every organization needs a vice president of common sense," Van Gundy said in an ESPN conference call on Monday, via Sports Illustrated's Ben Golliver. "When you have a public relations, high powered public relations business put that out and then you have multiple people have to co-sign it to put it out, and it just absolutely reeked of a lack of class, it shows that you just need somebody to say whoa. Let's just acknowledge his greatness, Thiboeau's greatness, and let's just move on. But it didn't happen that way.

"And in some ways, in an odd way, I think it was good because, to me, that statement revealed exactly who each person was," he continued. "It reveals who Jerry Reinsdorf is. It reveals who Gar Forman is. And Tom Thibodeau's statement reveals who he is. Everybody had to put their name finally on who they were, and they did. I think that's great."

Señor wrote:
This is unfortunate. He's on the wrong side of history! Stop spreading these pernicious myths!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:22 pm 

This is the biggest problem with the sports talk show environment that we now live in. Are we now to believe that Thibs was fired because he makes female employees feel uncomfortable? Bernstein hasn't watched enough of the team to give a basketball assessment so he is resorting to gossip to advance his position. I doubt that he would be fired for making a few employees feel uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:24 pm 

"When he told me he wanted to critique my outfits, I thought he would be fabulous and fierce about it and take me shopping afterward. Turns out he's just mean."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:13 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
"When he told me he wanted to critique my outfits, I thought he would be fabulous and fierce about it and take me shopping afterward. Turns out he's just mean."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Consider which females work in any capacity at the advocate center, that might complain about the head coach to someone?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
People were upset because Thibs failed to say "good morning". Every workplace has goofs like that. So what?

Pussification of America. We're now a bunch of babies whining about "microaggressions". Life is a never ending series of microaggressions. Deal with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:45 am 

The guy no one likes at the Score is telling stories about the guy no one liked with the Bulls.

Perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Van Gundy got Thibs fired? I could buy.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/kap-loy ... ocid=yahoo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
Van Gundy got Thibs fired? I could buy.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/kap-loy ... ocid=yahoo

Sounds like management has another outlet for info.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:00 am 

@thekapman wrote:
Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has long had a reputation for being great to work for and someone who is extremely loyal to his employees.

Jerry Reinsdorf's business interests own 40% of Comcast SportsNet Chicago. What's Senor's excuse?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
@thekapman wrote:
Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has long had a reputation for being great to work for and someone who is extremely loyal to his employees.

Jerry Reinsdorf's business interests own 40% of Comcast SportsNet Chicago. What's Senor's excuse?

I think it's clear to everyone that Uncle Jerry is very loyal. Sounds like Thibs was one of his guys until the Van Gundy statement. Of course this all could be bullshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:12 am 

The idea of an authority figure being "loyal" to his subordinates has always struck me as a strange inversion.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:17 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
What's so bad about trying to suggest to your coach that playing injury-prone starters 40+ minutes a game in January is counterproductive?

Sure has been a bit of a mea culpa on the Thibs front that's for sure!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Tom Thibodeau and Jeff Van Gundy interviews with Minnesota this week.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... sident-job

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next