It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: E'Twaun Moore
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
E'Twaun Moore would be the Bulls second best PG behind Hinrich, if he got the minutes he did before.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/samsmith/ ... role-bulls

What happened Fred?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:10 am 

Huh? Doesn't make your point valid. Moore is currently out of the rotation in case you haven't noticed. I can check the minute logs but it fairly obvious that he only played because Hinrich and Brooks were hurt. He hasn't really played in about 10 games or so.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:13 am 

IMU wrote:
E'Twaun Moore would be the Bulls second best PG behind Hinrich, if he got the minutes he did before.

What happened Fred?

I think it didn't take Fred long to find out what others before him have. Etwaun Moore is a fringe NBA player that should be happy to have a roster spot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:14 am 

long time guy wrote:
Huh? Doesn't make your point valid. Moore is currently out of the rotation in case you haven't noticed. I can check the minute logs but it fairly obvious that he only played because Hinrich and Brooks were hurt. He hasn't really played in about 10 games or so.
It's simple. We both set the parameters.

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=92015&p=2348976&hilit=top+ten+moore#p2348976

28 games in, Moore is top ten in minutes. You said we'll see after 30 games.

You always complain about "spin" so we set very clear and measurable metrics.

End of discussion, unless it changes in 2 games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:18 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
It's simple. We both set the parameters.

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=92015&p=2348976&hilit=top+ten+moore#p2348976

28 games in, Moore is top ten in minutes. You said we'll see after 30 games.

You always complain about "spin" so we set very clear and measurable metrics.

End of discussion, unless it changes in 2 games.

The guy isn't playing at all. If he isn't playing then his avg. Minutes per game isn't going to change. I will check the log for both avg. and total minutes. He isn't currently in the 10 man rotation which I said he wouldn't be also. Nice try though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:21 am 

long time guy wrote:
The guy isn't playing at all. If he isn't playing then his avg. Minutes per game isn't going to change. I will check the log for both avg. and total minutes. He isn't currently in the 10 man rotation which I said he wouldn't be also. Nice try though.
We both set to and agreed to the rules. They just don't look to be in your favor.

The whole point was to put something that is statistically either true or false. If he drops to 11th in the next two games I am wrong. If he is top ten then you are wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:23 am 

long time guy wrote:

I'm not Boilermaker Rick.
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

What happened Fred?

I think it didn't take Fred long to find out what others before him have. Etwaun Moore is a fringe NBA player that should be happy to have a roster spot.

And Fred isn't even a fringe NBA coach. His next job should be for a high school.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:26 am 

long time guy wrote:
I will check the log for both avg. and total minutes.

I will. You've been bad at statistics.

E'Twaun Moore currently has the ninth most minutes played on the Bulls this season, at 344.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:31 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
We both set to and agreed to the rules. They just don't look to be in your favor.

The whole point was to put something that is statistically either true or false. If he drops to 11th in the next two games I am wrong. If he is top ten then you are wrong.

I also said he wouldn't be in the 10 man rotation. He isn't. It's clear that his "top ten minutes" were a result of injuries to guys that were higher on the depth chart. I set those parameters under the presumption that Hinrich, Brooks, and Moore were all healthy. They weren't and that's why Moore received playing time. Rose was injured and on limited minutes too. Once everyone came back his playing time came to a screeching halt. This is what I mean by spin.

I argued that he would be out of the 10 man rotation and he is so I'm wondering what exactly was I wrong about? The guy isn't and hasn't played for awhile. That's the epitome of "out of the rotation" isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:33 am 

long time guy wrote:
I argued that he would be out of the 10 man rotation and he is so I'm wondering what exactly was I wrong about?

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok, but if he is in the top ten in minutes you'll admit you are wrong right?

That is actually a better metric. If that happens yes I will. Guys like McDermott coming off injury may be subject to minutes restrictions but it shouldn't really matter because they will be taking minutes away from guys like Moore.

You probably should ask Brick what it will take for him. He is more of a battler than I am.

No need for further discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:33 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I will check the log for both avg. and total minutes.

I will. You've been bad at statistics.

E'Twaun Moore currently has the ninth most minutes played on the Bulls this season, at 344.

He isn't and hasn't played in about 10 games. When is the next time he will appear in a game? I will hang up and listen for my answer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:52 am 

He isn't what? What are you arguing? You've been given raw statistics. Are you denying them?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:57 am 

IMU wrote:
He isn't what?

He played in the blowout Knicks game and probably a few others. It is quite obvious that he isn't in the rotation. The "eye" test tells me that. Both Brooks and Hinrich barring injuries will overtake him in minutes played in about 3 or 4 games. Don't know if the NBA still has the cutoff date for guaranteed contracts but it's not inconceivable that he will last past that. He is effectively done even if he doesn't get cut. The Bulls have two guys out and he is still receiving DNP-CD's. What does that suggest about being in the rotation?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:01 am 

IMU wrote:
He isn't what? What are you arguing? You've been given raw statistics. Are you denying them?

I'm not denying the stats but even a noted stats guy such as yourself knows that this won't be the case by the end of the week. I was off by about a game, but I couldn't account for the injuries when I made the prediction.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:28 am 

IMU wrote:

[url][/url] I think this sums it up quite clearly.

[url][/url] https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... QXyMWwv6Ig

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:31 pm 

My rebuttal:

Code:
[list][list=][*][img][url][/url][/img][/list][/list]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:35 pm 

IMU wrote:
My rebuttal:

Code:
[list][list=][*][img][url][/url][/img][/list][/list]

Etwaun Moore's waterloo has already begun. You can neither stop it, contain it, or effectively rebut it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:09 pm 

nor**

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 am 

IMU wrote:
nor**
3 guys out and Kirk Hinrich playing sparingly yet Etwaun Moore still doesn't check into the game. He is officially out of the rotation as predicted by game 30. The only two guys available to play who didn't were he and Bairstow.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:34 am 

You never predicted that. You said he wasn't a top 10 player. The Bulls rotation last night was 9 players. Additionally, he is within the top 10 in both minutes and minutes per game. He has contributed to his team in 22 of 29 games.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:57 am 

IMU wrote:
You never predicted that. You said he wasn't a top 10 player. The Bulls rotation last night was 9 players. Additionally, he is within the top 10 in both minutes and minutes per game. He has contributed to his team in 22 of 29 games.

Nice trick. He has received 7 DNP-CD's. Brooks and Hinrich were out due to injury. I also think Rose has missed a game or two due to injury plus he was on a minutes restriction. In some of the games Moore was the only available backup pg? That is why he was playing. The 3 guys out last night are higher up on the depth chart than he. 3 DNP-CD's in a row. He hasn't been injured, discounting his pride of course. The Etwaun Moore waterloo is in full throttle right about now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:05 am 

How many more games does he play for the Bulls this season ltg?

Also, I thought you said he doesn't play point guard?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:02 am 

IMU wrote:
How many more games does he play for the Bulls this season ltg?

Also, I thought you said he doesn't play point guard?

He really doesn't play point unless it's by default. He never sets up the offense, he is a poor ball handler and passer, and he is slow of foot. The essence of Moore is that he really doesn't have position. Too small for 2 not skilled enough for the 1. He is just a "guy".

Going forward it's obvious that he will only play if anyone amongst Rose, Brooks, or Hinrich are injured. I think that it may take 2 of the 3 being out in order for him to play. He is obviously the odd man out now. He will also only play during blowouts. Those are the only scenarios in which he plays. It's obvious that he is no longer considered a "contributor". The DNP-CDs are beginning to add up IMU. I know you haven't been ignoring it.

The other part which adversely affects him is that the grace pd. for Hoiberg is over. Butler's comments changed the game. He has to win now. He can't afford to be experimenting with crazy lineups and resting guys like S.A. if you notice Rose and Gasol's minutes have been increased lately. Hinrich didn't play much last night either.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:15 am 

E'Twaun Moore is 6'4".

Remember your beloved Ben Gordon? Smaller. In fact, looking him up it is hilarious he is listed as 6'3". What? Hinrich is like 6'1" or 6'2".

Can't find a great Hinrich / Moore comp but Moore is at least an inch taller than Hinrich I'd say.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews ... ew-620.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:39 am 

Listed a 6'4 though probably a legit 6'2 1/2.

Ben Gordon is about 6'1 ish. He wasn't a 1 but he was definitely an undersized 2. Ben Gordon is a much better shooter, scorer, and player than Etwaun Moore will ever be.

Ben Gordon was never going to be a starter in the league given his height, but that dude could flat out score and if you don't think he contributed to the Bulls winning games you weren't paying attention.

If Etwaun Moore is considered a "contributor" by you Ben Gordon should be considered a hall of famer.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:41 am 

Moore couldnt sniff the jock of Gordon on his best day.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:42 am 

And yet E'Twaun Moore is in the NBA.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:44 am 

IMU wrote:
And yet E'Twaun Moore is in the NBA.

So was this guy? what does that show? Doesn't mean he was better than Luc Longley

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
IMU wrote:
E'Twaun Moore is 6'4".

Remember your beloved Ben Gordon? Smaller. In fact, looking him up it is hilarious he is listed as 6'3". What? Hinrich is like 6'1" or 6'2".

Can't find a great Hinrich / Moore comp but Moore is at least an inch taller than Hinrich I'd say.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews ... ew-620.jpg

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:34 am 

One more game IMU, and we can put a nice bow on this thread and declare our victory.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next